PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy star online

gamemaster4444
02-17-2004, 08:05 PM
can any one tell me if Phantasy star online is good Please becuse i wanan get it it looks like any great r.p.g online game

Ito
02-17-2004, 08:32 PM
Yeah, it is great. Might get boring after a while if you dont have fun people to play with, because it does get very repetive. It was meant to be played online, so offline mode wont be as fun, unless you have some buddies to play offline multiplayer with...

Variation-XBA
02-18-2004, 12:52 AM
You have to pay to play if you didnt already know :P

Its ok single player, but you need friends or LIVE to really enjoy it to its full potential

StudioAlex
02-18-2004, 01:37 AM
I was wondering, it says on the box that you MUST have xbox live to play it. You can't play it offline at all without xbox live? Does it have spilt screen play?

Crazy Joe
02-18-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by StudioAlex
I was wondering, it says on the box that you MUST have xbox live to play it. You can't play it offline at all without xbox live? Does it have spilt screen play?

you don't have to be online, but you MUST have an Xbox Live account on your Xbox to play it, on or offline.

StudioAlex
02-19-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Crazy Joe

you don't have to be online, but you MUST have an Xbox Live account on your Xbox to play it, on or offline.

That's really bizarre. Seems like a bad decision to me. I played the hell out of the DC version and it was great. I haven't been too interested in the game because a true sequel has yet to show up. I did play some split screen with a friend on gamecube and it was still tons of fun. I no longer have a Live account and won't get one until TFLO or Halo2 come out, and then I wouldn't want to play PSO anymore anyway.

Variation-XBA
02-20-2004, 02:10 AM
Exactly, so forget about PSO

StudioAlex
02-23-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Variation
Exactly, so forget about PSO

Well, at least until a true sequel emerges.

Variation-XBA
02-23-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by StudioAlex

Well, at least until a true sequel emerges.

PSO3 for GC looks like garbage :P

StudioAlex
02-26-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Variation

PSO3 for GC looks like garbage :P

Again, not a true sequel. Merely another "episode." And, yeah, it seems more like something to make money, not something revolutionary like the first game for DC was.

Variation-XBA
02-27-2004, 12:30 AM
Its Yugioh in the PSO universe :P Pass