PDA

View Full Version : Why Fable has again been set back.

bobpriestess
02-17-2004, 09:24 PM
Speaking of Fable...
Oh yeah, It looks great, but if Fable doesn't make a debut soon, Priestess will drain her videogame fund on the GTA bundle. But what the %^$%$# is taking so long?

After some thinking, I realized it has to be that the game doesn't even exist, yeah that's it. For real though, if anyone has any info on why BBB is taking so long on releasing it, I have a bet riding on this.

By the way, anyone who has seen screens for Silent Hill 4 and thinks they're hot thow it up!
News on Suffering looks nice.
Why is this important? Both have believable release dates to go with their content.

Shadow20002
02-17-2004, 09:41 PM
For the true behind about it, just because the developer have throw out words that this one will be the "ultimate" RPG never experience before, the one that will change all the rules for a RPG. They could release it in the 2002 but do not meet what they want so the only way to make it really "ultimate" it's to delay again and again. I think after that lesson, BBB will understand that they gonna make it before saying what they claim to be. ;)

BoundBruiser
02-17-2004, 09:53 PM
I'll tell you what, as long as it comes out within this year good and ready, I'm happy.

Lucifer_Hawk
02-17-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by boundbruiser
I'll tell you what, as long as it comes out within this year good and ready, I'm happy.
I agree wit you completely, I got plenty of games on my mind for this year, Fable is just one, I can wait on it.

mattgame
02-17-2004, 10:15 PM
So when is this one being released? Fall?:mad:

xbox genius
02-17-2004, 10:53 PM
i think Fable is coming out this summer.... it better come out in 04 tho............ thats all i have to say to that.....

blackiee2002
02-17-2004, 11:02 PM
when you increase your post count then you may have some legitimate right to even think of writing what you said boo:mad:

StudioAlex
02-18-2004, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by blackiee2002
when you increase your post count then you may have some legitimate right to even think of writing what you said boo:mad:

What?

CarGuy
02-18-2004, 08:27 AM
FYI, the closest thing we have to an official release date is "After May 2004, but before December '04.. " :cry:

RichVGS
02-18-2004, 09:07 AM
Look on the bright side, it will probably be released before this year, which is more then I can say for a game like Halo 2.

thrAsher
02-18-2004, 10:36 AM
My birthday is in June. :wink:

And BBB, if you're listening, Fable's release would be the greatest gift this guy could wish for!

Oh, welcome to the site, bobpriestess.

Crazy Joe
02-18-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Rich-XBA
Look on the bright side, it will probably be released before this year, which is more then I can say for a game like Halo 2.

halo 2 will be released this year, get with the program.

LTM360
02-18-2004, 01:57 PM
Shenmue (yes the original) took 7 years to make. So I can understand a games as complex as Fable is gonna be could take even longer than what is being said. I'm in no hurry to play the game, but don't get me wrong I can't wait to see what the final product is like.

Billferd
02-18-2004, 02:34 PM
I have no clue, they keep pushing it back.

Shadow20002
02-18-2004, 04:33 PM
I hope it will just out in this summer for good.

X-Factor
02-18-2004, 05:07 PM
Fable has indeed seen its fair share of delays, but for good reason.

Do any of you even have a clue as to how complex Fable is going to be?
Originally posted by Rich-XBA
Look on the bright side, it will probably be released before this year, which is more then I can say for a game like Halo 2.I can guarantee a 2004 release; I would guess Q4.

Ugunnalose
02-18-2004, 06:21 PM
Fable is gonna be released in june for sure

X-Factor
02-18-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Ugunnalose
Fable is gonna be released in june for sure How can you be so sure?

kenji
02-18-2004, 09:09 PM
I figure that if it is released, ever, I will still try it. I am looking forward to Jade Empire to. It is supposed to be on the same level as Fable, set in ancient China, so I think that I will get Jade Empire too. I can never tire of RPGs.

TuffEagle88
02-18-2004, 09:40 PM
All the signs point to June/July. The threads started by BBB employees and developers, the fact that in numerous interviews Peter has said the combat system was the last thing they did and that it was almost complete, and they were very satisfied, by the way these interviews were from a bit over 3 months ago.

They have been just too cruel to us. :(

If I don't get it this summer, I gonna blow something up to hold me over. A big building with the words "Lionhead Studios" would be perfect. ;)

BinaryXtreme
02-18-2004, 09:45 PM
I have to agree that with so many great games coming out, I can wait too. I'm gonna have to get a job to afford all of the great titles coming out this year.

bobpriestess
02-19-2004, 11:01 PM
According to gamespot.com, it will be released on June 15...and about a month ago it was June 1. Check with them on updates. If you just can't wait that long without seeing something cool about this game to prove it's existence, check out BBB official Fable site. It was kind of fun, and it really details the idea and features of the game, so you adventure/RPG fans don't lose hope yet...wait till June 15 to riot.

thrAsher
02-19-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by bobpriestess
If you just can't wait that long without seeing something cool about this game to prove it's existence, check out BBB official Fable site.
Or do a Google for 'alter ego fable' for the link to one of the best Fable fan sites out there (Alter Ego, it's a gamespy joint). As good, if not better, than the BBB boards.

Lotsa good info and screens. :)