PDA

View Full Version : Poor Tenchu

Wolfgame
02-18-2004, 08:47 AM
Back when Tenchu was annouced, I think around march last year it has always been on my must own list, and when that annouced it would have xbox live that was just icing on the cake, but now the game is almost here and it's sadly not getting the hype it deserves, every theard taks about how NG will OWN Tenchu and it's sad, Tenchu has been such a long running serires that it deserves props for what it has done, Tenchu revoulutinized the stealth genre and its sad to see so many people completly missing what kind of game Tenchu is. its not about runiing in a room, chopping off everyones head in one swift motion its about strategically taking enemies out one by one. It's sad to see so many xbox gamers aren't going to realize what the game truly is and miss out on it.:cry:

RichVGS
02-18-2004, 09:05 AM
I wouldn't say its getting no hype. Usually when I hear people talking about N.G., someone usually brings up the fact that Tenchu is going to be just as good, if not better. Plus, I know a number of people played the PS2 Tenchu and were generally disappointed, so that could have something to do with its lack of hype. But you know this is going to be a great selling game, regardless of how much hype is surrounding the release.

Spaztic
02-18-2004, 09:06 AM
I totally agree! Tenchu is a different type of game. But NG is going to own it!

Hard Boiled Cop
02-18-2004, 12:04 PM
I'm still looking forward to this game as well as NG. I've played it on the PS2 and I admit it was a bit dodgy however the fighting was very good.

thrAsher
02-18-2004, 12:33 PM
I will buy both of them, for sure. I'm more interested in Tenchu for the stealth aspect and the Live co-op. It may not be as pretty as Gaiden, but I'm really looking forward to it. If they came out the same day, and I could only purchase one, I'd go w/ Tenchu no doubt about it.

Both will be great additions to any Xbox library, though.

Wolfgame
02-18-2004, 12:35 PM
They are both good games but from the demo, on playing both of them, I just dont see NG owning Tenchu. I happen to like tenchu more than NG There both good, I just wanted more strategy from NG, I know ill get flamed for thisbut at times it feels as though im playing a devilmay cry mixed with searious sam, enimes endlessly poor into a room, which reall gets on my nerves, then they respawn, Id go as far to say I almost consider NG(from the demo) a simple button bashing Hack N Slash I dont mind if anyone disagress with me but its just my thought.;)

Billferd
02-18-2004, 01:57 PM
LOL, thats mad funny.

kenji
02-18-2004, 09:21 PM
at times it feels as though im playing a devilmay cry mixed with searious sam, enimes endlessly poor into a room, which reall gets on my nerves, then they respawn, Id go as far to say I almost consider NG(from the demo) a simple button bashing Hack N Slash I dont mind if anyone disagress with me but its just my thought.
As I said in the NG versus Tenchu thread:

Yeah, I think that the first levels will be like this, but once you get into later levels, you have to coordinate your moves in order to fight of multiple enemies and survive to tell the tale. I seriously think that you won't be able to take on later bosses with simple button mashing. And the enemies do end. There is nothing wrong with walking on either. I think that most people connect more with the constant pulsing action and great graphics of NG to the slower action and bland graphics of Tenchu. Me personally, I like to be leaning forward when I play games, not leaning back and thinking. I'm sure Tenchu will be a good game for those who have the personality for it, but not many people do.

Differents games for different people, I say.:cheers: