PDA

View Full Version : FLASH ALERT: Computer talk on Live is NOT cool

AlBoogy
02-18-2004, 10:33 AM
Lately on Live, especially on RTCW, I've noticed more and more people talking like they are chatting on the computer. Example: "Ohhhhhhhhhhh, you were pwned!" some stick to the more traditional method and just say "Owned" over and over again. We can never forget the ever popular noob or newb chants.

This is just a public service announcement telling all of you that talk like that, you are LAME. Thank you!

- Boogy

Caesar SYN
02-18-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by AlBoogy
Lately on Live, especially on RTCW, I've noticed more and more people talking like they are chatting on the computer. Example: "Ohhhhhhhhhhh, you were pwned!" some stick to the more traditional method and just say "Owned" over and over again. We can never forget the ever popular noob or newb chants.

This is just a public service announcement telling all of you that talk like that, you are LAME. Thank you!

- Boogy

Nobody Cares what you think... YEAH!!!!!!!

AlBoogy
02-18-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Caesar SYN

Nobody Cares what you think... YEAH!!!!!!!

Youre obviously one of them

JJaX
02-18-2004, 10:43 AM
I tell people to "go to sleep" when i kill them. :cheers:

But it does get annoying when you are raping someone, than they kill you once and tell you that you were owned.

Cold_As_Ice
02-18-2004, 01:50 PM
Look man, why do you even care about what they talk like on LIVE. It's not like everyone that uses that service talks like that. And if its really bothering you that extensively, then just mute them. It's as simple as that. What a waste of space, this thread is. *****, Im's teh t4lkin like Yoda! U just g0ts pawn3d by Yoda!!!!!!111!!!! oWna9e!!1111111!!

:p :cheers:

Billferd
02-18-2004, 02:36 PM
Ya, I heard about that, that sucks.

Trill-Ville
02-18-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
I tell people to "go to sleep" when i kill them. :cheers:

But it does get annoying when you are raping someone, than they kill you once and tell you that you were owned. lol i say "go to sleep hoe go to sleep hoe if u tired be quiet and go to sleep HOE!!!" :cheers:

AlBoogy
02-19-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Cold_As_Ice
Look man, why do you even care about what they talk like on LIVE. It's not like everyone that uses that service talks like that. And if its really bothering you that extensively, then just mute them. It's as simple as that. What a waste of space, this thread is. *****, Im's teh t4lkin like Yoda! U just g0ts pawn3d by Yoda!!!!!!111!!!! oWna9e!!1111111!!

Never said it bothers me a whole lot. Just letting them know, they sound real dumb. I was in a server where for a straight half hour he said owned every 5 seconds. Soooo if you do the math thats over 300 owns. I guess it was either you, or one of the morons that thought he was funny.

lllusion
02-19-2004, 01:56 PM
haha, those noobs and computer lingo:p

Cold_As_Ice
02-19-2004, 04:14 PM
Indeed, honestly I do think that people using computer "lingo" on Xbox LIVE are very sad. My guess is that those particular people are just trying to fit in. Personally, I dont normally use this strange computer language to comunicate with people. And yes, it is SO annoying when you have a 10:1 ratio and then someone kills you once, and they clam soon after that I got "pwned". Thats total BS, and it really pisses me off. Im sure that many people on this site can relate to me.

thrAsher
02-19-2004, 04:39 PM
What I hate is when you get into a server and NOBODY TALKS!

I was playind Crimson once, and we were playing CTF, and I was communicating w/ my team (or trying to). Well, after about five minutes w/o a reply of any kind, I was like, "Can anyone hear me?"

"We can hear you," was the sarcastic sounding response I got, and then everybody just went quiet.

That, to me, is just about as lame as the 13 year olds wacked out on Jolt that you find online....

MikeMan91389
02-19-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by thrAsher-XBA

That, to me, is just about as lame as the 13 year olds wacked out on Jolt that you find online....

Best. Line. Ever. HAHAHA... omg that was great :) - anyways, my friend does that, well now hes an x-friend.... hes too embarassing :)

dances with broom sticks
02-19-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by thrAsher-XBA

Whats your problem???????

Leave blinx alone :D

:cheers:

Lucifer_Hawk
02-19-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Cold_As_Ice

:p :cheers:
word to that brotha, you rock hard man, pwn3d man, h4xorz, word up yo

Slacker
02-19-2004, 08:07 PM
Damn, I know what you mean , but the lingo itself makes me ill to my stomach , I had to work with the Mentally handicapped and they sound better to me, and let me tell you the 60th ENENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG,ARRRR you hear is still better than Pwoned Fo yo,H4rtah,,,,,,,,,,or whatever this weeks fad is