PDA

View Full Version : OXM Demo Disc #29: Best.Demo.Ever!

Ninja Scroll
02-18-2004, 12:43 PM
IMO dat is!:cool:

Wat I saw yesterday evening at my door step (because it cant fit in my mail box! :D ) was the March issue of OXM with MechAssault2 on da cover.

But what I could not believe was da cover of da demo disc sleeve.
It was Ryo! And say "Play It NOW!" TeamNinja's Ninja Gaiden's first level in full!!!:cheers:

Well first da disc said errors. So like most OXM disc I had to boil it on da stove for a couple minutes and what do ya know. It worked!:p

Disc 29 has very few playable titles, no Top10, weak downloads, and scarce feature video's.

But Ninja Gaiden alone was satisfacton on it's own.
Took my 3rd try, but I murked da nunchukes white haired dude!

I dunno, da Katana, nor da big ass Final Fantasy Cloud sword could do it for me. Da nunchukes were where da action was!

Dis is da most anticapated Xbox game of 2004 just behind Halo2!

Anyone else experience dis demo rush like your XBA Role Model!? :wink:

I have'nt been dis excited since Halo in 2001!

Ninja Gaiden is da game to own for da first 2 quarters of dis year!
Naw Mean!?
It's got to be one, if not best action games of all-times!
Plus dont forget you still get da Original Ninja Gaiden NES Trilogy games included as unlockables! Sweeeet!

Wolfgame
02-18-2004, 12:45 PM
:cheers: congrats on getting the disc, be sure to grab tenchu too complete your ninja goodness

Ninja Scroll
02-18-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Wolfgame
:cheers: congrats on getting the disc, be sure to grab tenchu too complete your ninja goodness
Ya know, dat game is a playable demo on disc 29.
But I was sooo excited and droolin all over da place I forgot to play it!:o
I dunno mang, once you go Gaiden you cant go anywhere else!
Plus aint Tenchu an old ass PS2 game rehashed with XBL features?:watchout:

Ninja Scroll
02-18-2004, 01:04 PM
FYI, da disc 29 features, brought to you by da XBA Savior and Role Model Of Juvenile XBA delinquence!:wink:

PLAYABLE DEMOS

Ninja Gaiden

Tenchu: Return from Darkness

ESPN MLB 2004 (worst demo ever!, btw, no Barry Bonds in any baseball game dis year, dat my dawg, but it was his choice.)

Top Spin

VIDEO SHOWCASE

Hitman: Contracts

NBA Ballers (Midway NBA Streets knockoff)

The Suffering

DOWNLOAD CENTER

James Bond 007: Nightfire

Apex

Crimson Skies

LOTR: Return Of Da King

Rainbow Six 3

Splinter Cell: Vselka Submarine

Star Wars: Jedi Knights

And peep dis! Action Replay DOWNLOADS!!

maxed out Jedi for KOTOR, cash,level, from da beginning of game!
RBSix3 completed!
True Crime completed!
XIII completed!

Dat everything!
btw, I havent touched by KOTOR since da week it came out, guess dis download is reason too! for da cheat, feel me?:p

thrAsher
02-18-2004, 01:14 PM
I think I might go pick up this OXM today. Tenchu and Gaiden demos? How sweet is that.

Any word if you can play the Tenchu demo on XBL?

And Kid Jubei, what up w/ Gaiden? How does it play, how're the animations, enemy AI, all that?

Wolfgame
02-18-2004, 01:19 PM
-well, the boss at the end of gaidens demo is somewhat difficult but I beat the whole demo by " holding down block button, letting enemy finish series of attacks" then I would strike, I honestly dont think the AI was that smart, of course it is only the first lvl, BTW the tenchu demo is NOT live enabled.

Ninja Scroll
02-18-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by thrAsher-XBA
I think I might go pick up this OXM today. Tenchu and Gaiden demos? How sweet is that.

Any word if you can play the Tenchu demo on XBL?

And Kid Jubei, what up w/ Gaiden? How does it play, how're the animations, enemy AI, all that?

Tenchu is not XBL compatible on da demo.

How does Gaiden play? One word: Flawless!
I could'nt tell it was a demo to be honest.

Animation is as smooth as a babys butt! No joke!

Enemy AI is on point. Da basic enemies will team up on you.
And not in a chessy way either.
At first I was like, THERE ARENT ENOUGH!" but if you go out of one room after defeating dem all, and go back they will all come back again.
Kinda like Mario Bros. back in da day when you kill da turtle, but if you come back to dat same spot he like be there.:D
It's kinda a button masher at first, but once you get to da first boss it's all about skill.

You use da trigger left to block (or was dat right?:eek: ) and if you hold it and move da analog left you will dash in a different direction avoiding a gang up beat down.

Da demo is about 15 minutes.

It teaches you as you go how to play. Da game shoots out purple darts and you read dem by pressin da X button.

You start off (and end) with 3 basic weapons. Katana, Cloud FF sword, and nunchukes (sp?).
3 secondary weapons. Bow & Arrow, explosive darts, and basic darts.

You can run off walls, combos in da air or off ways.
To do a special magic move press Y & B!

When you get to da last boss only use da nunchukes w/ da X button. Block & run! Dats da key. No jumping, ot he will throw your ass like a doll baby!:rofl: trust me, I kown!:D

It was a rush mang! It's something fresh from da Xbox nor.
It's gonna be a classic homie!

btw, if you buy in da store it's gonna run you 10 beans (aka $9.99!!), I say buy it and subscribe Thrasher!
$29.95 for 12 issues, 12 demo's, you cant beat dat wit a bat ya feel me?

damn, my fingers hurt now, must rest da Ninja grip.;)

thrAsher
02-18-2004, 01:40 PM
Sounds pretty sweet. Too bad about no XBL w/ Tenchu.

Anyway, I'm getting a feeling that NG is kinda like Prince of Persia in the fighting??? Like, being next to a wall and unleashing a certain attack will have a different effect/animation then if you're out in the open?

Still, sounds great. And I should subscribe to OXM, cuz $10 a pop is just a little too pricy at the newsstand.

Sexaya
02-18-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

RBSix3 completed!
True Crime completed!
XIII completed!

Dat everything!
btw, I havent touched by KOTOR since da week it came out, guess dis download is reason too! for da cheat, feel me?:p [/B]

Holy crap! Is the KOTOR thing only on the OXM disc? If it is its not fair!!! I want downloadable cheats for KOTOR! MEEEE! I finished the game, its time for some easy ass kicking...

Ninja Scroll
02-18-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Sexaya

Holy crap! Is the KOTOR thing only on the OXM disc? If it is its not fair!!! I want downloadable cheats for KOTOR! MEEEE! I finished the game, its time for some easy ass kicking...

LOL, it only on dis demo disc unless you have an Action Replay package. I believe the Xbox version is around $39.99-$49.99, I actually have the opinion of getting one for free from XBA last year. But I chose WSB2K3 instead.
It from from creating the XBA Cribs idea last summer.

Anyways, I downloaded it but have yet to pop in dat dusting KOTOR. I dunno why I never played it, im just one of dem gamers who buys titles and either never opens dem at all (PRG, Amped, ToeJam & Earl, MArio Sunshine, ect.) or played dem for about 30 mintues (DOA Xtreme BVB).

It says you start da game loaded with everything maxed out!
Hopefully you can still create your own character and they dont have one make already.

btw, how long did it take you to beat, and which side did you choose?
If you didnt go Dark Side im gonna pimp slap da snot out of you mang!:D :p :D

Sexaya
02-18-2004, 02:32 PM

LOL, it only on dis demo disc unless you have an Action Replay package. I believe the Xbox version is around $39.99-$49.99, I actually have the opinion of getting one for free from XBA last year. But I chose WSB2K3 instead.
It from from creating the XBA Cribs idea last summer.

Anyways, I downloaded it but have yet to pop in dat dusting KOTOR. I dunno why I never played it, im just one of dem gamers who buys titles and either never opens dem at all (PRG, Amped, ToeJam & Earl, MArio Sunshine, ect.) or played dem for about 30 mintues (DOA Xtreme BVB).

It says you start da game loaded with everything maxed out!
Hopefully you can still create your own character and they dont have one make already.

btw, how long did it take you to beat, and which side did you choose?
If you didnt go Dark Side im gonna pimp slap da snot out of you mang!:D :p :D

Crap. Guess I'm gonna have to find some way to get that disc. Oh and I beat it on both dark and light... about 42 hours each. :cheers:

Ninja Scroll
02-18-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by thrAsher-XBA
Sounds pretty sweet. Too bad about no XBL w/ Tenchu.

Anyway, I'm getting a feeling that NG is kinda like Prince of Persia in the fighting??? Like, being next to a wall and unleashing a certain attack will have a different effect/animation then if you're out in the open?

Still, sounds great. And I should subscribe to OXM, cuz $10 a pop is just a little too pricy at the newsstand.
Not really as far as your outside question goes.
But then again, dis is only da demo version.

My only complaint is I hope Tecmo's TeamNinja will allow da game to change primary weapons in battle as well as heal your self w/o pressing da start button and submitting it there .

Kinda like how Max Payne allows you too press da white button for healing in battle.
btw, white & black buttons are not used in da demo.
I recall in an interview where they said all xbox controller button would be used for da game.
So im confident it will all work out.
After all, da games been delayed more than you can count!:cuss:

Bakeman
02-18-2004, 02:37 PM
Why is the ESPN MLB demo worst ever?

Was it the game itself? Or the way the demo was put together?

Ninja Scroll
02-18-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Bakeman
Why is the ESPN MLB demo worst ever?

Was it the game itself? Or the way the demo was put together?

First it has no play by play, second da graphics are awful.
Sega claims it was an October 2003 demo as it runs across da screen in da intro and during gameplay.
You only get to play as da Giants or Yankees.
And Bonds refuses to have his name or likeness in a videogame title.
Him not in da game alone isnt worth dis game since he is da best player! A-Rod WHO!?:watchout:

Back to Sega, you just gotta play it yourself.
If they wanted to get word of mouth out from dis garbage they did it da wrong way.
Anyone who knows me knows im a Sega Fanboy to da grave. But dis is trash.

btw, did I meantion Ninja Gaiden was playable on dis disc!? :D

JJaX
02-18-2004, 02:44 PM
But Ninja Gaiden alone was satisfacton on it's own.
Took my 3rd try, but I murked da nunchukes white haired dude!

I dunno, da Katana, nor da big ass Final Fantasy Cloud sword could do it for me. Da nunchukes were where da action was!

I prefer the moves with the katana, but i busted out a 99 hit combo with the nunchukes things. :cheers:

Also gota love the imusa Drop or whatever.

XYXXXY :cheers:

Dr_J
02-18-2004, 02:45 PM
I played the Ninja Gaiden demo last night. Awesome fighting, awesome graphics, terrible camera control. I hope to Christ I'm just doing something wrong. WTF is up with every time you want to face another direction it automatically switches to first-person. Like I said, I hope I'm just doing something wrong.

JJaX
02-18-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Dr_J
I played the Ninja Gaiden demo last night. Awesome fighting, awesome graphics, terrible camera control. I hope to Christ I'm just doing something wrong. WTF is up with every time you want to face another direction it automatically switches to first-person. Like I said, I hope I'm just doing something wrong.

Ummm press the right trigger to put the camera behind you.

Using the right analog puts you in First person.

The camera is fine

Ninja Scroll
02-18-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

Ummm press the right trigger to put the camera behind you.

Using the right analog puts you in First person.

The camera is fine

I agree, though it took me a minute to figure it out.
At first I was like WTF! But after foolin around it too like 5 minutes to figure everything out (button & movement wise).
Da controls are easy and user friendly.
It' truly a pick up and play.
No difficulties to it.
Pure Tecmo TeamNinja Genius.

How da hell you pull off a 99 combo doe Jackson? Most I got was 67-72!:cheers:

So JJax, you finally decided to subscribe to OXM? Please tell me you still aint shellin out 10 beans per-issue off da newsstand!:eek:

Oh, and Jackson, co-sign with me on how ESPN MLB blew nut sacks yo!:p

Shadow20002
02-18-2004, 04:36 PM
FYI, da disc 29 features, brought to you by da XBA Savior and Role Model Of Juvenile XBA delinquence!:wink:

PLAYABLE DEMOS

Ninja Gaiden

Tenchu: Return from Darkness

ESPN MLB 2004 (worst demo ever!, btw, no Barry Bonds in any baseball game dis year, dat my dawg, but it was his choice.)

Top Spin

VIDEO SHOWCASE

Hitman: Contracts

NBA Ballers (Midway NBA Streets knockoff)

The Suffering

DOWNLOAD CENTER

James Bond 007: Nightfire

Apex

Crimson Skies

LOTR: Return Of Da King

Rainbow Six 3

Splinter Cell: Vselka Submarine

Star Wars: Jedi Knights

RBSix3 completed!
True Crime completed!
XIII completed!

Dat everything!
btw, I havent touched by KOTOR since da week it came out, guess dis download is reason too! for da cheat, feel me?:p

About Splinter Cell, are there the second part only of Vselka or two of them is in there ?

zero_ilesm
02-18-2004, 04:55 PM
ninja gaidan reeks with terribleness

Ninja Scroll
02-18-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Shadow-XBA

About Splinter Cell, are there the second part only of Vselka or two of them is in there ?

It's da 2nd of da two. Da first one is on OXM's Disc #28. If you have XBL you can download dem both with your Splinter Cell Xbox disc. You dont need da OXM demos to do so.;)

DIGITAL
02-18-2004, 05:42 PM
i want my issue NOW:cry:

Ninja Scroll
02-18-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by DIGITAL
i want my issue NOW:cry:

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :rofl:

j/k Digital!;) I know how it feels to be last to get your OXM issue. I remember they used to be notorious for shipping subscribers there issues very late. Though they have improved in recent months.
I just to get pi$$ed when I saw it on da stands before my mail box. I always believed a subby deserves to get there issues first as a show of loyalty and appreciation.

btw, peep dat link in my siggy. Best Ninja Gaiden pre-order deal you will find anywhere!!
FREE Shipping, FREE Ryo (Ninja Gaiden) Wall Scroll, NO TAX & FREE $10.00 Gift Voucher for any EB games store nationwide! You just cant beat da dizzly mang!
:cool:

No Fear 23
02-18-2004, 09:38 PM
i wasnt too impressed with ninja gaiden....its too similar to prince of the persia.

im gonna stick to FPS games ;)

themoosearmy
02-18-2004, 11:14 PM
I'm actually waiting for this to come to my local newstand because out of all 12 demos, i might play 1 or 2 (like NG), so i'll pretty much pay $10 to play a NG demo. I'll just do the same thing I did with Tony Hawk 2 back on ole PoS1, play and master the demo until the game comes out lol.

I always said, NG kinda looks like Prince of Persia but better graphics(etc.), and if it is, it will be awesome!

Conchord
02-19-2004, 12:42 AM
I have no idea what scroll just said. lol

The demo is awesome...but scroll, when are you gonna move outta this ninja phase, bro?

Ninja Scroll
02-19-2004, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by No Fear 23
i wasnt too impressed with ninja gaiden....its too similar to prince of the persia.

im gonna stick to FPS games ;)

Your intitled to your own opinion Fear23, but im sure most will disagree with you.
Just cause Ryo runs off walls does make it da same.
If dats da case doesnt dat mean Ghost Recon & RBSix3 are da same game? I did'nt think so.

Ryo's a Ninja. Dis game is revolutionary. And one of da rare old school 2D game series dat actually transfers over to 3D flawless and beautifully.

I say dont limit yourself to FPS Fear23. I mean I was never a fan of FPS until I gave Halo a go and I was blown away!

Venture out bro. There's more to da gaming world other than RBSix3. :D

Originally posted by themoosearmy
I'm actually waiting for this to come to my local newstand because out of all 12 demos, i might play 1 or 2 (like NG), so i'll pretty much pay $10 to play a NG demo. I'll just do the same thing I did with Tony Hawk 2 back on ole PoS1, play and master the demo until the game comes out lol.

I always said, NG kinda looks like Prince of Persia but better graphics(etc.), and if it is, it will be awesome!

I feel ya moosearmy, but it's not just da playable demos. You get killer downloads you wont find anywhere else.
I mean da KOTOR cheat is pimpin!
Plus da mag aint dat bad. They trash most Xbox games dat deserve it.
There pretty decent reviews.
Preview are cool too.
If da mag was a little thinker (more than 100 pages) on a regular it would be aight.

Originally posted by xbocks
I have no idea what scroll just said. lol

The demo is awesome...but scroll, when are you gonna move outta this ninja phase, bro?
LOL, I've been up in heeere over 2 & a half years yo! It's always been dis way junior.
It's in my blood. It's my character. Im carasmatic, ya feel me?

I just cant talk beyond my 5 grade ed'uma-cation!:D

JJaX
02-19-2004, 09:10 AM

How da hell you pull off a 99 combo doe Jackson? Most I got was 67-72!:cheers:

So JJax, you finally decided to subscribe to OXM? Please tell me you still aint shellin out 10 beans per-issue off da newsstand!:eek:

In the room with the trap door. Dudes keep cpming out. And if you do XX Foward XX Ryu goes crazy with those nunchukes things. Give it a try :wink:

I think 99 is the max, because it stopped counting my hits.

Tim
02-19-2004, 09:10 AM
I played the demo last night. Was a lot of fun. Felt like a lot of button mashing, but still fun. I have to compare it to Prince of Persia. So far, judging of course only by the demo:

Graphics: Not as good as PoP, but still great. More realistic as opposed to cartoonish.

Player Moves: Very similar to PoP. I haven't played enough to say wether or not it is better. Definately cool though (i.e. flips running on walls, etc.)

Sound: Hard to tell, but not bad. I really like PoP's sound effects and sound track. It will be tough to beat in my book.

Fighting: So far, is great. I really like the fact that you get a primary and secondary weapon. You also have a choice of these weapons. My assumptions is that in later levels these can be upgraded, but don't know for sure.

Well, that my 2 cents on about an hour of playing.

Oh yeah, I don't like that when you return to an area, the bad guys are back and you have to fight them again. I hope they change this in the final version.

JJaX
02-19-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Tim
I played the demo last night. Was a lot of fun. Felt like a lot of button mashing, but still fun. I have to compare it to Prince of Persia. So far, judging of course only by the demo:

Graphics: Not as good as PoP, but still great. More realistic as opposed to cartoonish.

Player Moves: Very similar to PoP. I haven't played enough to say wether or not it is better. Definately cool though (i.e. flips running on walls, etc.)

Sound: Hard to tell, but not bad. I really like PoP's sound effects and sound track. It will be tough to beat in my book.

Fighting: So far, is great. I really like the fact that you get a primary and secondary weapon. You also have a choice of these weapons. My assumptions is that in later levels these can be upgraded, but don't know for sure.

Well, that my 2 cents on about an hour of playing.

Oh yeah, I don't like that when you return to an area, the bad guys are back and you have to fight them again. I hope they change this in the final version.

Button mashing at first, but read the moves list. Than start doing those, every move will be calculated.

Graphics are better than PoP, not to mention the amazing frame rate. Im impressed with techmo.

Sound is great, from the clang of swords, to thumping bass of ryus kicks.

And i love the fact that enemies respawn when you return to a room. Keeps the action going, and adds some challenge!

My 2 cents...

Ninja Scroll
02-19-2004, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Tim

You dont have to fight dem. After my fingers got tired of mashing da buttons :D I just kept on going to da next room.
You dont have to keep fighting dem in you been there before.
It is good practice doe.
Cause it teaches you how to improve on your blocking skillz, as well as block+analog to dash away from gang attacks.
Press Y+B foe a Special Movie dat will kill all enemies in room (except da boss of course).:cool:

Ninja Scroll
02-19-2004, 09:21 AM

Button mashing at first, but read the moves list. That start doing those, every move will be calculated.

Graphics are better than PoP, not to mention the amazing frame rate. Im impressed with techmo.

And i love the fact that enemies respawn when you return to a room. Keeps the action going, and adds some challenge!

My 2 cents...

First off who da hell is "techmo"?:watchout: :eek: :watchout:

Second, did you subscribe to da mag or what you beeootch?:p

3rd lets all remember it's a demo. Sound effects,graphics, yadda,yadda will prolly get a tweek or two, naw mean homies?

Yo Action J. Jackson, if we can battle online with Gaiden im gonna murk yo ass nephew!:wink:

JJaX
02-19-2004, 09:26 AM

First off who da hell is "techmo"?:watchout: :eek: :watchout:

Second, did you subscribe to da mag or what you beeootch?:p

3rd lets all remember it's a demo. Sound effects,graphics, yadda,yadda will prolly get a tweek or two, naw mean homies?

Yo Action J. Jackson, if we can battle online with Gaiden im gonna murk yo ass nephew!:wink:

Oops, i meant tecmo and team ninja...Whatever jerky.

Do i did not subscribe, i just buy it on the news stand when the disc is hot.

And please, i am the master ninja.

Hard Boiled Cop
02-19-2004, 12:13 PM
Ninja Scroll, everybody mispells everything so why are you going on about the word 'techmo' when you can't even spell the word 'the' properly?

I really want to play Ninja Gaiden, since I'm from England I can't. I'm concerned about the camera angles so can someone tell me about the camera angles? Is it any good?

Ninja Scroll
02-19-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Hard Boiled Cop
Ninja Scroll, everybody mispells everything so why are you going on about the word 'techmo' when you can't even spell the word 'the' properly?

I really want to play Ninja Gaiden, since I'm from England I can't. I'm concerned about the camera angles so can someone tell me about the camera angles? Is it any good?

First off junior, JJax and me go way back. Foe like over 2 years now.
Dat my dawg till'I D.I.E., he knows im foolin wit him.
We old school XBA cats are always takin shots at each other.
So know your role befoe I bust a cap in yo ass nephew!!:p

Anywho, go read dem previous post in dis thread.
I recall someone complaining about da camera and JJax told he how to use it.
It's all in da Right Trigger button jerky boy!:cheers:

Hard Boiled Cop
02-19-2004, 12:40 PM
Hey I didn't EVEN KNOW that you two 'go way back', I don't even know 3 quarters of the people who are members in this forum and you expect me to know that you two go way back? Jerky Boi

As for the camera angles, I apologise if I wasn't clear, I meant how is it when fighting? Does it go all over the place when you happen to move to another area?

DIGITAL
02-19-2004, 02:27 PM

In the room with the trap door. Dudes keep cpming out. And if you do XX Foward XX Ryu goes crazy with those nunchukes things. Give it a try :wink:

I think 99 is the max, because it stopped counting my hits. nah i got up to 193 combo ,this demo is great just got it an hour ago ,:D

JJaX
02-19-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by DIGITAL
nah i got up to 193 combo ,this demo is great just got it an hour ago ,:D

Ok cool! Yeah its sweet when bust out those nunchuckes thingys.

But i prefer the Katana, the moves are sweet. I feel like i have more control.

mayo_nase2000
02-19-2004, 04:21 PM
That is awesome. I'll be sure to pick one up.

Dr_J
02-19-2004, 05:02 PM
Hey gangsta-wannabe, I've played NG a few more times and got the hang of it. This game is going to kick total ass until Halo2 comes out.

MikeMan91389
02-19-2004, 05:29 PM
I didn't really like this disc... 28 was more my style, with links and other games... Me LIKE!

Bakeman
02-19-2004, 05:30 PM
I don't have a problem with Ninja Scroll in anyway.

But I must admit, it does hurt sometimes reading his post :)

Anyways I was just at my local GameCrazy, they didn't have ANY OXM's at all. I am not sure when the mag is suppose to hit the shelfs, but I figured I would check it out while I was there. Does anyone know if the mag is on the stands yet or not?

Conchord
02-19-2004, 05:48 PM
Ninja Scroll his name is Ryu not Ryo!

:cheers:

http://www.sighost.us/members/xbocks/Samurai.gif

themoosearmy
02-19-2004, 11:28 PM
THe biggest combo i have so far is 92 and thats with the nunchucks (are we gonna agree on how to spell this), any tips on how to keep combos going longer, I walways seem to stop around 80-90 for some reason...

Koopa
02-20-2004, 08:05 AM
w00t PA comic

Warning - language

http://penny-arcade.com/images/2004/20040220l.jpg

Ninja Scroll
02-20-2004, 09:17 AM
I don't have a problem with Ninja Scroll in anyway.

But I must admit, it does hurt sometimes reading his post

Anyways I was just at my local GameCrazy, they didn't have ANY OXM's at all. I am not sure when the mag is suppose to hit the shelfs, but I figured I would check it out while I was there. Does anyone know if the mag is on the stands yet or not?
I dunno wat GameCrazy is? :watchout: but ebgames, software ect, babbages, gamestop stores are normally da first to get there shippment of gaming mags before basic newsstands ala grocery stores, departments stores.
I say just subscribe and you wont have to worry about a thing bro.

Peep dis link (https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/IM/BOX/BOX_Subscriptions.jsp?cds_page_id=6258&id=1077291072917&lsid=40510931129042746&vid=1&cds_mag_code=BOX) out! 12 issues 12 disc $24.95!
Dats 5 beans off if you do it straight from da magazines card ads.

Hey, dont thank me, dats wat im herrre foe! Da XBA Role Model, Savior, and Baby Daddy to yo girl friend!... I it aint mines doe! :wink:

Originally posted by Koopa
w00t PA comic

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! :rofl: Dat's f'n funny as
a muva mang!!:D

Duke
02-20-2004, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by MikeMan91389
I didn't really like this disc... 28 was more my style, with links and other games... Me LIKE!

I agree. The only thing on this disc I found at all good was Ninja Gaiden.

mattgame
02-20-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Hard Boiled Cop
Hey I didn't EVEN KNOW that you two 'go way back', I don't even know 3 quarters of the people who are members in this forum and you expect me to know that you two go way back? Jerky Boi

As for the camera angles, I apologise if I wasn't clear, I meant how is it when fighting? Does it go all over the place when you happen to move to another area?

Yeah ummm, when you attack someones' spelling please know how to spell yourself. The correct spelling is " apologize" We try not to play spelling detectives on this site dude. Now back to the topic. I will get my demo disc tonight but I have to ask Ninja; is ESPN that bad? Is it worse than last year? I am so disappointed to hear this news.

Bakeman
02-20-2004, 12:58 PM
IGN has a little review of the ESPN demo. They said they'll have the full copy in a couple of weeks. They did have some good things to say about it. But supposably the demo is a dated one.

I don't think we have to worry to much about last years game being better.

OOHHHH wait.... Both ESPN NFL and NBA have improvements, yet still have some problems that weren't fixed. So if MLB follows suit then the game will just be okay, and not great.

*CROSSES FINGERS*

EDIT: OH HEY! I missed it, I am now over 1000 post!!

l Maximus l
02-20-2004, 03:11 PM

Button mashing at first, but read the moves list. Than start doing those, every move will be calculated.

My 2 cents...

Keep in mind that this is the demo version, too...the final version will have much better quality sounds and the like. I find this to be the case with all of the OXM demo disks. Many of them aren't even in 5.1. But, hey, it's still a great way to get the idea :)

Hey, Ninja Scroll...your sig is sick, man! errr...I mean, MANG!

Conchord
02-20-2004, 03:34 PM
Wonder is Koopa's pick is gonna shut this thread down...

CarGuy
02-20-2004, 05:02 PM
So is the LIVE feature just Live Aware???

Koopa
02-20-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by t_howell

Yeah ummm, when you attack someones' spelling please know how to spell yourself. The correct spelling is " apologize" We try not to play spelling detectives on this site dude. Now back to the topic. I will get my demo disc tonight but I have to ask Ninja; is ESPN that bad? Is it worse than last year? I am so disappointed to hear this news.

the british use an S for apologize....you do realize that the US isn't the only english speaking country in the world, right?;)

mattgame
02-20-2004, 09:25 PM

the british use an S for apologize....you do realize that the US isn't the only english speaking country in the world, right?;)

Henceforth, another reason why this country is so great. So how do they spell zebras? What are you this guys savior? There was no need for him to try and crap on the dudes spelling. All he needs to do is answer the damn thread or don't answer it. Ninjas spelling had nothing to do with the topic. Maybe he can start a spelling bee thread. I am so sick of going into threads to have the topic dismantled by knuckleheads. Do ya feel me? ;)

BTW, I got my disc. I haven't had the chance to play yet but I am reading that ESPN baseball is the baseball game of the year.

Ninja Scroll
02-21-2004, 11:25 AM

Henceforth, another reason why this country is so great. So how do they spell zebras? What are you this guys savior? There was no need for him to try and crap on the dudes spelling. All he needs to do is answer the damn thread or don't answer it. Ninjas spelling had nothing to do with the topic. Maybe he can start a spelling bee thread. I am so sick of going into threads to have the topic dismantled by knuckleheads. Do ya feel me? ;)

BTW, I got my disc. I haven't had the chance to play yet but I am reading that ESPN baseball is the baseball game of the year.

I feel ya t-howell! :D

And ESPN MLB may infact be da best baseball game of da year.
Im just saying da demo was horrible.
I thought last years version was one of da best ever!
Only if it was XBL enabled which 2K4's version will!

btw, we will have a Ebonics/Slang XBA Spelling Bee in da coming week yo!

j/k ;)

Originally posted by Maximus SYN

Keep in mind that this is the demo version, too...the final version will have much better quality sounds and the like. I find this to be the case with all of the OXM demo disks. Many of them aren't even in 5.1. But, hey, it's still a great way to get the idea :)

Hey, Ninja Scroll...your sig is sick, man! errr...I mean, MANG!

No doubt on da siggy. GokuX is an f'n genius. Rumor has it you have something in da works waxy! :wink:

And I agree, da final Gaiden (and all games foe dat matter) version will be more polished. But if they werent I wouldnt complain. I think Gaiden was 5.1 cause my system was going crazy when da 1st Boss was flingin his nunchukes all over da place in his intro.

Shadow20002
02-21-2004, 11:40 AM
Argh..if you guys keep bringing this topic on the top...i think i gonna get the demo version before getting the full one... :eek:

Ninja Scroll
02-21-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Shadow-XBA
Argh..if you guys keep bringing this topic on the top...i think i gonna get the demo version before getting the full one... :eek:
why would you hold off on da demo in da first place?:watchout:

Do you think it will take away from your excitement when you get da final version?

I say it wont, if anything you will be craving and anticapating it more!!!!:cheers:

Bakeman
02-21-2004, 02:31 PM
Has anyone noticed that when you end the ESPN MLB demo it says something about "First Person Baseball" hmmmm

Sigma
02-21-2004, 11:36 PM
I went to Wal-Mart the other day and they didnt have the new mag in yet so I guess I will go to Gamestop and get it tomorrow. I need to play Ninja Gaiden now!!!!

l Maximus l
02-22-2004, 02:38 AM
How horrible was the Tenchu demo after playing the Ninja Gaiden demo to you guys?

I thought Tenchu was a peice of dehydrated dung that was all crusted up sitting underneathe a rock for dozens of years and never to be discovered again....

(Oh man, I'm tired at the moment) :D

Koopa
02-22-2004, 02:48 AM
How horrible was the Tenchu demo after playing the Ninja Gaiden demo to you guys?

I thought Tenchu was a peice of dehydrated dung that was all crusted up sitting underneathe a rock for dozens of years and never to be discovered again....

if ninja gaiden was a sculpture...tenchu was a turd.

i kinda feel sorry that it has to share the same disk as NG:D

ok ok lemme tell you bout my coolest ninja moment
i was surrounded by like three brown ninja henchmen so i jumped up in the air and did some crazy ninja **** and when i landed there were three headless bodies in a circle around me, and they all fell backward at teh same time!

then my jaw dropped and i said oh my ****ing god i have to buy this.

*sigh* next month...battlefield nam, ninja gaiden, pandora tomorrow...

Bakeman
02-22-2004, 02:48 AM

Yeah I was actually looking forward to Tenchu, especially with it being Live Enabled. But that demo was horrible. Are they kidding us with the sounds they used for the foot steps !?!?!?!?!

It was just down right bad. It doesn't even look like a Xbox or Ps2 game.

Koopa
02-22-2004, 02:57 AM
w00t PA comic

Warning - language

http://penny-arcade.com/images/2004/20040220l.jpg

oh damn sorry mods i didn't even think about the cursing:)

selowitch
02-22-2004, 09:35 AM
Played the Ninja Gaiden demo last night. I liked the physics of the player's onscreen character a lot, but it seems like they go to waste a bit because of the mindless button-mashing that ensues.

I was pretty disappointed with the lack of depth. It's kind of like a platform version of Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, which wasn't a bad game but got old quickly.

I'm probably in the minority, though.

wbio
02-22-2004, 10:09 AM
that demo was frakin crazy, I love that game. I'm definitely going to pick it up when it comes out. I especially like the nunchuck things, got a 104 hit combo, lol :D :cheers:

Shadow20002
02-22-2004, 12:08 PM

why would you hold off on da demo in da first place?:watchout:

Do you think it will take away from your excitement when you get da final version?

I say it wont, if anything you will be craving and anticapating it more!!!!:cheers:

Just because i don't want to throw 15 bucks (here in CAN) just to get the demo version...it's better to spend on the full one. ;)

JJaX
02-22-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by selowitch
Played the Ninja Gaiden demo last night. I liked the physics of the player's onscreen character a lot, but it seems like they go to waste a bit because of the mindless button-mashing that ensues.

I was pretty disappointed with the lack of depth. It's kind of like a platform version of Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, which wasn't a bad game but got old quickly.

I'm probably in the minority, though.

Press start, go to your weapons, and press Y to see all the moves.

Most fighting games are a button mashing fest, until you learn how to play the damn game. :rolleyes:

selowitch
02-22-2004, 12:32 PM

Press start, go to your weapons, and press Y to see all the moves.

Most fighting games are a button mashing fest, until you learn how to play the damn game. :rolleyes:
OK, OK, I'll try that. Sheesh.

JJaX
02-22-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by selowitch

OK, OK, I'll try that. Sheesh.
I wasnt trying to be a ass...

I just hate when people cast judgment when they dont see something in its true form.

Like playing a flight sim, and not reading the manual.

"This game sucks..."

selowitch
02-22-2004, 12:39 PM

I wasn't trying to be a ass...

That's too bad. You were doing a great job at it! ;-)

themoosearmy
02-22-2004, 10:42 PM

It was that way until I read the moves. Now I can pull off 100+ hit combos left and right, its all about transition between foes. And of course its not deep, its a demo.

Bakeman
02-22-2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by themoosearmy

It was that way until I read the moves. Now I can pull off 100+ hit combos left and right, its all about transition between foes. And of course its not deep, its a demo.

Dang.. the best I have got is 61 ... And I usually only get around 20 to 30.

mattgame
02-23-2004, 08:48 AM
Oh my God!!!! Here's my 2 cents on Gaiden........ best.... game....ever!

I have not played anything else but the demo. A demo! I have spent my whole weekend trying to get master ninja. I only got greater ninja. I got a 114 hit combo with those vigloorian? thingies. The weapons are awesome for a demo, and this guys moves are f'in ridiculous! I did a move where I beheaded a joker in one fell swoop! I loved it! Thank you Tecmo. Please let it come out next week, please. :cry:

themoosearmy
02-23-2004, 10:43 PM

Dang.. the best I have got is 61 ... And I usually only get around 20 to 30.

WHen I first saw 50 flash across I was pumped, but when I saw 100, I flipped out and it ended my combo at 109. If you use the nunchuku, its pretty easy to pull off a 30 hit combo on one dude.

The katana has only netted me one or two 60+ combos (in one level try), but I've been practicing. Still trying to get Master Ninja ranking, only Head Ninja so far.

Ninja Scroll
02-24-2004, 11:55 AM
I did a move where I beheaded a joker in one fell swoop! I loved it! Thank you Tecmo. Please let it come out next week, please.

If not I will be doing more of dis .... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I have not personally anticapted a game like dis since Sega Dreamcast debuted on 9/9/99 with Soul Calibur, Sonic Adventures & NFL2K!

Pak4182
02-24-2004, 05:18 PM
I don't even get a disc with my magazine anymore.. and I'm supposed to.

themoosearmy
02-24-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Pak4182
I don't even get a disc with my magazine anymore.. and I'm supposed to.

Um, yes, i bought mine off the newstand with a CD and my buddy down the street got a CD in his mail-ordered edition.

TheWheelMan
02-25-2004, 02:21 PM
Ninja scroll you ****in wigger whats up with every word that comes out of your is dat or dis or hey homie's what a *** o and i havent gotten the new oxm yet but i plan to and then ill try out all the demos and be happy:) and again change your attitude man you crazy black wannabe what you need is like a group of black guys to come kick the **** out of you well im done.....gotta get the next issue:p

JJaX
02-25-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by TheWheelMan
Ninja scroll you ****in wigger whats up with every word that comes out of your is dat or dis or hey homie's what a *** o and i havent gotten the new oxm yet but i plan to and then ill try out all the demos and be happy:) and again change your attitude man you crazy black wannabe what you need is like a group of black guys to come kick the **** out of you well im done.....gotta get the next issue:p

Ninja Scroll isnt white...

Jackass

TheWheelMan
02-25-2004, 02:29 PM
HAHA o well it just pisses me off when people say dis or dat its ****ing retarded they need to be gang beaten crazy *******s!

# 1 Stunner
02-25-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by TheWheelMan
HAHA o well it just pisses me off when people say dis or dat its ****ing retarded they need to be gang beaten crazy *******s! jackass:cuss:

lloobatmanooll
02-25-2004, 04:29 PM
yo yo yo wasssss da dilly...

i love this game ever since my nintendo days when my older bros let me see and i would have to wake up at 2 am to play it cause there asleep. but na in all reality this is one of those games that will make u cry as soon as u see its title. so long the wait..... i cant take it....:cry: aiiiight let me pull my self together here.. i dont wanna seem weird:watchout:

TheWheelMan
02-26-2004, 08:58 PM
ok ya im back but i finally picked up the oxm tonite and i played ninja gaiden and yes it is pretty kick ass lol i made sure to p0lay tenchu first though so that i got the badness out of the way cause someone said it was no where nere as great as NG and they were right i mean whats up with rikamaru running it sounds awful but anyway um ya i had a grip with Ninja Gaiden-THE CAMERA damn i didnt like it at all but other then that it was fine ill admit that this isnt on my top 5 list of games i want but its on my top 15:D id rather have DRIV3R when it comes out or Mafia or mx unleashed or halo or morrowind or 007:everything or nothing or Advent rising or ummm i dunno but theres more id rather have cause button mashing just aint my thing but dont get me wrong it was a great demo and ya maybe someday ill get the game:)

TheWheelMan
02-26-2004, 10:13 PM
ok nvm i just played it again and ya its on my top 5 so no worries i just wanna master the combos now i hate feeling like im pulling off all the same moves i want to do new and more awesome moves but ya its a crazy game amazing graphic great gameplay:D

themoosearmy
02-26-2004, 11:54 PM
with rikamaru running it sounds awful but anyway um ya i had a grip with Ninja Gaiden-THE CAMERA damn i didnt like it

I don't know if you still feel this way, but seriously, I don't see what the problem is with the camera, as long as you can see your enemies only a little, you can kill them.

TheWheelMan
02-27-2004, 11:29 AM
The Ninja Gaiden reviews up at gamespot.com go check it out right away, they loved the game and so should everyone else:D

BoundBruiser
02-29-2004, 02:12 AM
The Ninja Gaiden demo was great(When playing the view is a bit messed up) and thats about it, I don't see what the deal is with Technu though? It doesn't seem like much a a thriller.

Ninja Scroll
02-29-2004, 09:16 AM
3 more dayz and counting! 3/4/04 in stores!
Cant wait until my copy comes to my door step from FedEX from ebgames.com!

I can see it now, up until 3-4am on a weekday work night dis week!:eek: Im gonna get no sleep and look like a bum at work!:cheers:

I just wonder if we can get online and battle other Ninja Gaiden gamers right away, or if we have to wait until a latter date before da XBL option is available?:watchout: naw mean?

borka105
02-29-2004, 09:26 AM
3 more dayz and counting! 3/4/04 in stores!
Cant wait until my copy comes to my door step from FedEX from ebgames.com!

I can see it now, up until 3-4am on a weekday work night dis week!:eek: Im gonna get no sleep and look like a bum at work!:cheers:

I just wonder if we can get online and battle other Ninja Gaiden gamers right away, or if we have to wait until a latter date before da XBL option is available?:watchout: naw mean?

godamn are you misinformed, you don't battle squat online...... they are just stages you download!

and your times will be posted online.....

and another thing, this game maybe good, but at the end of the day it's still only a 15-20 hour single player game......

XBOX LIVE and games like PGR2 have spoiled me..... the hype for Ninja Gaiden is dieing everyday just like the hype for Brute Force died out......... Give gamers a zillion delays and then get kicked in the azz with ****ty sales.

I remember when I was so hyped to get this game, but now it's just another single player game coming out with a $50 price tag.

Instead I am going to go out and on March 4 pick up MTX: Motortrax.......... it's all about XBL!

-borka105

Shadow20002
02-29-2004, 10:02 AM
Well, in the same way of Otogi, maybe you can beat it in a rental week.

Ninja Scroll
02-29-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by borka105

and your times will be posted online.....
and another thing, this game maybe good, but at the end of the day it's still only a 15-20 hour single player game......

XBOX LIVE and games like PGR2 have spoiled me..... the hype for Ninja Gaiden is dieing everyday just like the hype for Brute Force died out......... Give gamers a zillion delays and then get kicked in the azz with ****ty sales.
I remember when I was so hyped to get this game, but now it's just another single player game coming out with a $50 price tag.

Instead I am going to go out and on March 4 pick up MTX: Motortrax.......... it's all about XBL!

-borka105

Dont be hater and a cheap ass b@stard yo! 50 beans foe a game, so what, aint my fault you at home asking your moms to buy you games! :rofl:

15-20 hours, and?
If you want something 50 plus hours go buy a RPG you cupcake!:rolleyes:

And you coppin MTX? BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Have fun, cause you'll be all alone when da rest of us are gaming on da best action game ever in Ninja Gaiden, atleast dats what 9 out of 10 major gaming site reviews are giving it.

dont be mad cause only gerne you can play is racers!

and btw, there will me more than downloads, do da research sucker!:p

borka = boring! :rofl:

canadianboi3
02-29-2004, 10:51 AM

Dont me a cheap ass b@stard yo! 50 beans foe a game, so what, aint my fault you at home asking your moms to buy you games! :rofl:

15-20 hours, and?

And you coppin MTX? BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Have fun, cause you'll be all alone when da rest of us are gaming on da best action game ever in Ninja Gaiden, atleast dats what 9 out of 10 major gaming site reviews are giving it.

And my homie Ninja Scroll comes through again. I was reading this whole thing just thinking, "whens he gonna burn him". YOu always come through Ninja, always. :rofl:

PapaSKooT
02-29-2004, 11:30 AM

Maybe you should "do da research sucker".

Xbox Live owners, who have beat the game once, will be eligible to register for any and/or all three rounds of the tournament where they will test their ninja skills by competing in trial missions only available through Xbox Live. Players will be able to go online ahead of time to begin practicing for the tournament in the first month after the game comes out. Once the tournament begins participants will compete against other players within their regions and then will be ranked on their overall scores from these trial missions. A leader board demonstrating the player’s overall ranking will be available through Xbox Live so that players can see how they stack up against the competition during each round. Winners are determined by the top rankings in their region for each round.

From there the three top players from each region will advance to the regional playoffs where they will compete against each other’s scores on all three trial missions through Xbox Live.

http://www.tecmoinc.com/press/releases/02.27.04.html

borka105
02-29-2004, 11:44 AM

Dont be hater and a cheap ass b@stard yo! 50 beans foe a game, so what, aint my fault you at home asking your moms to buy you games! :rofl:

15-20 hours, and?

alright listen up!

why should I spend $50 on some game when I can rent it for 5 days and beat it.............

case closed......... that should be the end of the debate...

but just for you:

MTX has 8 player live play, an extensive career mode, a track editor, custom soundtracks.... everything you would want from an xbox game.

Single Player games just don't do it nowadays, why play against the CPU when you can play a person........?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

best action game ever? :rofl:

LMAO, maybe best hack and slash game ever.......

Ninja Gaiden gets beat by many when it comes to the best in action games...... For instance, when you talk about action and stealth, Splinter Cell beats it out. Oh and you don't believe me? Check the reviews..................

Maybe YOUR anime azz likes games where you can walk on walls and do 20 backflips, but I'd rather player a more realistic and suspensful game like Splinter Cell 2.

Oh and did I mention that Splinter Cell 2 will have XBL play?

wait, how come Ninja Gaiden doesnt............?

YEAH, I think your little Ninja Gaiden is going to be wearing the crown for just a week or two, cause that biatch is going to lose it after Splinter Cell 2 comes out.

-borka105

PoetSaskia
02-29-2004, 01:57 PM
I thought Splinter Cell was boooriiiing, Ninja Gaiden blows it away any day. Ninja Gaiden rules, it is the best game on xbox, it is head and shoulders above other xbox games.

borka105
02-29-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by PoetSaskia
I thought Splinter Cell was boooriiiing, Ninja Gaiden blows it away any day. Ninja Gaiden rules, it is the best game on xbox, it is head and shoulders above other xbox games.

right, and you know this because...........?

doesn't the game come out on march 2?

-borka105

PoetSaskia
02-29-2004, 03:30 PM
I know this because I have the demo on the latest OXM disc, and I have been playing it like crazy. Didn't you notice the thread title? OXM demo disc #29:Best. Demo. Ever! Ninja Gaiden is awesome, awesome, awesome!