PDA

View Full Version : metal arms is awesome

bostwick202
02-19-2004, 07:24 AM
hey guys, i just bought Metal Arms and it is freakin awesome!!!!!!!! Like a cross between mario and halo, and the weapons are Freakin kewl!!!!!!! I'm personally having more fun then i ever did with halo. I wish that it had online/ system link(4 XBC). Either way, it's still freakin awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thrAsher
02-19-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by bostwick202
I wish that it had online/ system link(4 XBC). Either way, it's still freakin awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I KNOW! Crazy there isn't at least system link. Anyway, I read a snippet on IGN a while back that had a blurb about Metal Arms 2 coming out this winter. Seems pretty soon, but who knows. I'll be anxiously awaiting it, I can tell you that. Although, if it doesn't ship w/ XBL or at least system link capability, I'll wait for the price to drop before I cop it.

CrispyBacon
02-19-2004, 08:47 AM
IMO, Metal Arms is the 2nd best action game on the Xbox (atleast for the single-player campaign). Here's why:

- Controls are tight... reminded me of Halo, actually.
- It has mulitple vehicles you can drive and characters you play as... great variety.
- Huge single-player game... 42 levels!!!
- The overall style is unique.. great humor, the robots are cute, but deadly.
- Here's a big one: AWESOME AI... one of the great things about Halo is that the AI is so good, that no battle is exactly the same. This is the same for Metal Arms.. the enemies all react differently to different circumstances. Gives the game replayability.
- Control tether is awesome... another unique feature... love the slingshot, too.

This game really has it all. I tell pretty much everyone I know that has an console about it because I want to see it sell. It deserves it.

Hard Boiled Cop
02-19-2004, 12:04 PM
I've played the demo of it and yes its very good indeed. ALOT like Halo's control. Too bad it isn't co operative, if it was then it would sell like hell. I'm hoping to find a cheaper one. Thanx for the other infos as well guys.

BinaryXtreme
02-19-2004, 01:51 PM
Yeah, I have to agree. I have been playing this for a while now and it's just a great game. Man this would be a blast if it had Live enabled as well. I really can find nothing I dislike about the game or the game play at all. I got mine for $29 at Game Stop.

Hard Boiled Cop
02-19-2004, 02:18 PM
I'm looking for a pre owned one or a 2 for £30 deal and that is a good deal.

bostwick202
02-19-2004, 03:28 PM
yeah, i got mine @ EB 4 $30. pretty excellent if you ask me