PDA

View Full Version : Bad xbox

Xboxmonkeys
01-08-2002, 10:44 PM
This is just great, I got my xbox on sunday, It was awesome while it lasted. But today my xbox quite working, It froze right at the begining of the final cu scene in halo, Then When I turned it back on it beeped turned off then on again, then the indicator light was flashing green then red, The technical support didn't help, all they said was that I can take it back or send it in, im not to thrilled about sending it in, Because I don't think i'll get it back for awhile. But hopefully target will let me exchange it for a newone hopefully.

Josh

LynxFX
01-09-2002, 01:21 AM
Exchange it. You shouldn't have any problem with Target. You might have to wait until their next shipment though if they do not have any instock.

It sounds like something major happened and you wouldn't get any help from tech support. It isn't like a loose wire type of thing. These things happen with any electronic device. Just goes with the territory.

l Maximus l
01-09-2002, 11:09 AM
Is it a major coincidence that every single person that has major issues with their XBoxes, especially to the level that it is defective, only has 1-5 posts? lol :rolleyes:

Chr0nik
01-09-2002, 11:14 AM
I think alot of these supposed "defects" are just an attempt to get an XBOX is **** war started.

If it is new and does not work a retailer has a legal obligation to replace it within a certain period of time (usually 7-10 days after purchase), if not the manufacturers warranty will do the same.

I had problems with my box at first, it would not read the discs, I simply exchanged it in store for a new one and it has been great ever since.

Every product is bound to have a few bad items in the shipment.

XBOX RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11;)

batman46st
01-09-2002, 11:19 AM
also have u noticed the people that have been waiting for the xbox for over 3 months have no problem with their xboxes. and the people that do have it only have like 1-5 posts like max said and dont show up on post till something bad is being said by another person about the xbox lol i love you haters makes my system the shishhhhnick cause i got no problem n it gets more pt than anything in my house.....:cool:

robnyack
01-09-2002, 12:22 PM
I dont even know why people mess around with sending it in to be fixed.

Get out your sales receipt and take it back to the store you bought and exchange it for a new one! that's what I did with mine. Took it to EB, and they gave me a new one on the spot.

btw, I highly encourage all people to get the extended warrenty. You would be very angryif it turns out you need and you didn't get it. for an extra $30 or whatever it is, it's worth it.

Ninja Scroll
01-09-2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Is it a major coincidence that every single person that has major issues with their XBoxes, especially to the level that it is defective, only has 1-5 posts? lol :rolleyes:

Yo waximus, I was thinking da same d@mn thing bro!:(
I smell a rat,..........a kiddycube rat,....or maybe .... a phony,..I mean Sony,.. undercover rat:mad:

Ever since Microsoft just announced their have been a good 1 percent of customer service issues with defected Xbox's I have seen guys posted questionable posts!

Sounds & looks like someone wants to get something started huh.:(

Chaotic
01-09-2002, 12:41 PM
THis happend to me before , it was all due to the cord in the back of the xbox being loose.

The one that has the Rca's on it, or if your using the Advanced AV pak.

THat plug was loose, i unplugged it and plugged it back in and boom worked great, no problems since.

l Maximus l
01-09-2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

Yo waximus, I was thinking da same d@mn thing bro!:(
I smell a rat,..........a kiddycube rat,....or maybe .... a phony,..I mean Sony,.. undercover rat:mad:

Ever since Microsoft just announced their have been a good 1 percent of customer service issues with defected Xbox's I have seen guys posted questionable posts!

Sounds & looks like someone wants to get something started huh.:(

lol...dude, we all know it's not the first time...and this one sounds a little fishy. Notice no reply as of yet from this dude...:rolleyes:

Chaotic
01-09-2002, 12:45 PM
Does sound like a Fan Boy!!!!!!!!

robnyack
01-09-2002, 12:46 PM
and by the way, the report I read the other day, says, so far, defective xboxs are running at about 1%, which is well within the industry standard.

mattcoxonline
01-09-2002, 02:11 PM
Notice no reply as of yet from this dude.

Yes

mattcoxonline
01-09-2002, 02:21 PM

Does anyone go on Nintendo, Sony, PS or Gamecube forums?
Why do I ask? They probably have a little scheme set up whereby each member signs up for an XB forum and moans about their invisible Xbox not working...

below the line is a load of crap. If you're bored I give you permission to read it but if you're in a rush, I'll let you skip it!

-------------------------------------------------------
I own an invisible Xbox, the thing is I can't remember where I left it so it could be hard to find. Maybe one day I will fall over it and then maybe I might end up breaking my neck and then I could sue Microsoft for making invisible Xbox's and selling them to the public. I mean it was silly of me buying the invisible Xbox anyway because when I picked the box of the shelf it felt light and I found this surprising for such a big console so I don't even know if I really have one. If I find it before March 14th - fair enough. if I can't find it I will have to buy one, I mean another one. You know there has been a lot of debates about these next generation consoles since they each have qualities of their own and different people like different things and it has seemed to spark off a console war. Not like major like the thing in Afghanistan with Bin Laden, but arguments between friends and even relatives and even strangers...that's mad and like arguing with a stranger on the street. But my conclusion is that out of all the next generation consoles, Xbox is the one I would least like to get hit over the head with!

Ninja Scroll
01-09-2002, 02:29 PM

lol...dude, we all know it's not the first time...and this one sounds a little fishy. Notice no reply as of yet from this dude...:rolleyes:

yeah, but you know what,-we, in the xboxaddict forum are just too smart and too strong to let some jackass come in and fill our fellow members heads up with garbage!

It might work in the average "Billy Bob's Xbox forums" but not in the forum that Ninja Jubei built!!!:cool: ;) :)

l Maximus l
01-09-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

yeah, but you know what,-we, in the xboxaddict forum are just too smart and too strong to let some jackass come in and fill our fellow members heads up with garbage!

It might work in the average "Billy Bob's Xbox forums" but not in the forum that Ninja Jubei built!!!:cool: ;) :)

lol, dude...the only thing you know how to build is a diaper filled with poop pebbles :D hehehe...grab me another frosty beverage for me :D Hey, Ninja Turtle...you are my favorite little beeeeyatch...thanks! :p

Carnage
01-09-2002, 02:40 PM
Why do I ask? They probably have a little scheme set up whereby each member signs up for an XB forum and moans about their invisible Xbox not working...

lol! I seriously doubt they would take the time/effort to do this. Maybe when this guys xbox broke, he went looking for an xbox site to warn the rest of us? :eek:

I read somewhere that xbox DOES produce a lot of heat.. and that it shouldnt be stored in tight places. Also that theres only a 90 day warrenty on this thing.. so treat it properly or youll be kicking yourself for blowing so much money :D

BTW; love the new smilies! :cool:

l Maximus l
01-09-2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by mattcoxonline

below the line is a load of crap. If you're bored I give you permission to read it but if you're in a rush, I'll let you skip it!

-------------------------------------------------------
I own an invisible Xbox, the thing is I can't remember where I left it so it could be hard to find. Maybe one day I will fall over it and then maybe I might end up breaking my neck and then I could sue Microsoft for making invisible Xbox's and selling them to the public. I mean it was silly of me buying the invisible Xbox anyway because when I picked the box of the shelf it felt light and I found this surprising for such a big console so I don't even know if I really have one. If I find it before March 14th - fair enough. if I can't find it I will have to buy one, I mean another one. You know there has been a lot of debates about these next generation consoles since they each have qualities of their own and different people like different things and it has seemed to spark off a console war. Not like major like the thing in Afghanistan with Bin Laden, but arguments between friends and even relatives and even strangers...that's mad and like arguing with a stranger on the street. But my conclusion is that out of all the next generation consoles, Xbox is the one I would least like to get hit over the head with!

For some apparent reason, I felt the need to be in a rush :D hehe

Sniper2
01-09-2002, 03:42 PM
hey i too had a faulty xbox but for different reasons, so i got it switched -- Read your owner's maual because I think it said when it overheats it flashes red or orange like you said so make sure it's well vented-- if you can't fix it take it back

mattcoxonline
01-09-2002, 03:57 PM
For some apparent reason, I felt the need to be in a rush :D hehe

You know you still read it though! ;)

Also, why is this smilie :p eating its eye?

Supperdog
01-09-2002, 06:09 PM
not to bash any xboxers, but i think they just register so they can possibly get some advice/help and are not interested in the fine art of conversation

just a thought :D

Xboxmonkeys
01-09-2002, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Supperdog
not to bash any xboxers, but i think they just register so they can possibly get some advice/help and are not interested in the fine art of conversation

just a thought :D

I am not a game cube or however you spell it, I had a problem with my xbox, and I just wanted to see if anyone else had the same problem, I took it back to target,I have to wait for the next shipment to come in before I can get a new one. I really do like the xbox, and all I really wanted was some advice so yeah.:eek:

GokuX
01-09-2002, 07:49 PM
Ure theory on low post counts and posting an X problem is somewhat flawed. I posted here for the first time wondering if someone had the same problem that I had. I remember the accusations about how it was suspicious that I had a low post count and was posting an X problem.

Sniper2
01-09-2002, 09:04 PM
yeah thats how i came to the forums, i got my xbox, loved it, and things weren't quite right so i wanted answers. I figured what place could be better than an xbox forum???

Rochey69r
01-10-2002, 06:40 AM

right on max!! :eek:

robnyack
01-10-2002, 09:17 AM
actually, I have about 60 posts.

:D