PDA

View Full Version : Real Keepers.....

thrAsher
02-19-2004, 12:19 PM
What games do you guys own that you could never, ever, see yourself parting with? I trade quite often, and buy a new game about every week or two, and as such many will get played a little and then traded away or leant or what have you. I have a few games I've played once or twice and haven't touched again.

But, there are those few games I will hold onto. Forever, if I can. Like Starcraft, Fallout 1 & 2, Halo, Metal Arms, KotOR, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Final Fantasy VII, and a few others I can't think of right now. These games I'll own as long as they last, and would replace if they got lost or stolen or busted up.

They are just that good. Heck, I've been playing Starcraft's campaign again because, frankly, I miss the game. I jones for it, you know?

What games are real keepers in your book?

Sleazy P Martini
02-19-2004, 12:28 PM
I never trade games. I just hoard them in a cupboard :D

Games that I still love:

FFVII
GTA (the original)
Halo (duh)
Ghost Recon
KOTOR

Others I'm sure........but I'm at work and can't think anymore :confused: :yikes:

Hard Boiled Cop
02-19-2004, 12:44 PM
I'm like you thrasher, I too always trade games alot. I play a game, complete it and trade it in or ask for a refund. The games I own and I'm a real keeper to are: obviously Halo, PGR2, Kung Fu Chaos and MOTOGP2.

Alex Napalm
02-19-2004, 01:13 PM
So far my real keepers for the Xbox have been Halo, Capcom Vs. SNK 2 and Otogi. I think Links might find it's way onto this list as well....

BinaryXtreme
02-19-2004, 01:46 PM
Hmmm....let's see. Unreal Championship, Halo, R63, Need For Speed Underground, Crimson Skies, Moto GP, and all the Tom Clancy titles.

Duke
02-19-2004, 04:10 PM
I was just thinking about that this morning when looking at my oversized stack of wasted money. (ie, my games)

Halo
GTA DP
GR (original)
Morrowind: GOTY

I think that's it. Everything else can go when either it's next iteration comes out or it just gets boring. Hell, some are just here because I don't really think I COULD get rid of 'em *cough* MA *cough*

Shadow20002
02-19-2004, 05:29 PM
Dead or Alive 3
Otogi
Buffy
Splinter Cell
Morrowind GotY

MikeMan91389
02-19-2004, 05:33 PM
Halo
Amped 2
Crimson Skies
WSB 2k3

Tim
02-19-2004, 05:34 PM
Links 2004
World Series 2K3 (might trade-up for online ESPN, but not sure.)
Sega GT
Halo

LiquidX
02-19-2004, 05:36 PM
I never trade games in to EB because of how much of a scam it is. Heck I dont even trade on here just cause im too lazy to do all the shipping crap. Anywas my keepers are:

-Halo
-GTA DP
-Morrowind
-PGR2
-Metal Arms
-Splinter Cell
-Links 2004
-Crimson Skies

Brutus
02-20-2004, 08:46 AM
Wow. This is a cool sight. I've kept all of the good ones.
HALO
Splinter Cell
Brute Force
Deus Ex Invisible War, Might trade soon though for Ninja Gaiden!
DOA3
Other than those, I'm likely to trade the rest in. Until:
HALO 2
Ninja Gaiden
Half-Life 2
Doom 3 &
Rid****

BinaryXtreme
02-20-2004, 02:25 PM
Add Wolfenstein to my list as well. :D

l Maximus l
02-20-2004, 02:57 PM
Would it be a sHocKEr if I said Halo? :D

Definately that one, but, also, I'll always keep Amped, Amped 2, Rallisport Challenge, Ghost Recon, and Links. Rainbow Six: 3 is likely to be on that keeper list, too.

Other games that I would consider parting with are: Crimson Skies (great game...beat it, likely won't play it again), Ghost Recon: Island Thunder, Mechassault (I wouldn't even shed a friggin' tear...), Return to Castle Wolfenstein (In fact, I'd even give this crapper away), Unreal Championship (I haven't played this game for DAYS...many DAYS), and Brute Force (Great game, beat it and likely won't play it again especially since it doesn't work on XBC and it's not XBL compatible).