PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here playing XBOX on your monitor?

BinaryXtreme
02-19-2004, 02:03 PM
I'm thinking about picking up one of those VGA adapters but I'm wondering how much the visual quality will increase by viewing on my monitor. Anyone using one of these? The price is dropping so low that I'd really like to pick one up if I would see a great improvement. Any info. would be appreciated.

Shadow20002
02-19-2004, 02:21 PM
I play Xbox on my HDTV.

Hard Boiled Cop
02-19-2004, 02:23 PM
I've played it on my cousin's and personally I think there isn't a major difference. It might look smoother but then nothing much.

Ninja Scroll
02-19-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Shadow-XBA
I play Xbox on my HDTV.
Same here! Sony 46'inch Widescreen! :cool:

got da Xbox HDTV Adapter! I almost shed a tear :cry: da first time I turned it on a played DOA Xtreme Beach Volleyball and saw all dem boobs bouncing in HDTV, sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! :wink:

Hawkhead11
02-19-2004, 03:18 PM
I play my xbox on a 19'' boob tube.

PoetSaskia
02-19-2004, 10:19 PM
a play on an old commodore monitor, which is a good bit sharper than a TV. Someone on the forums was claiming that on a TV you could only get 30 frames per second because of the TV's refresh rate. I was arguing with him. But if that were the case, a moniter would offer smoother framerates as well as a sharper picture. (But I don't know if this is the case or not.)

Hero
02-20-2004, 06:53 AM
im thinking about breaking down and getting an adapter aswell cuz my roommates 19 inch tv blew up and the colors are all funky now..

Leviathon
02-20-2004, 11:47 AM
Does anyone recommend a certain brand to buy. Here are a couple of options on ebay.... Are they any good?

VGA Adapter 1 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3079150120&category=41015)

VGA Adapter #2 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3078757284&category=41015)

bigdog12pack
02-21-2004, 09:46 AM
The one that is rated highly by alot of Xbox sites & magazines is the X2VGA which lets you get all the resolution that was built into the game!!! The website for ordering this beauty is www.x2vga.com. Your Xbox world well come alive with this adapter!!!

Yankeez
02-21-2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by bigdog12pack
The one that is rated highly by alot of Xbox sites & magazines is the X2VGA which lets you get all the resolution that was built into the game!!! The website for ordering this beauty is www.x2vga.com. Your Xbox world well come alive with this adapter!!!

yep thats the best one out on the market i know it might be a little pricy, but you get what you pay for :)

blackiee2002
02-21-2004, 07:40 PM
it looks better on the monitor, but then the monitor is small compared to the tv

Hero
02-24-2004, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by bigdog12pack

welcome to XBA bigdog :cheers:

i agree about the adapter.. i was thinking of getting this one but im to cheap to actually pay for it...:eek:

l Maximus l
02-24-2004, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Shadow-XBA
I play Xbox on my HDTV.

DITTO!!!

l Maximus l
02-24-2004, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Leviathon
Does anyone recommend a certain brand to buy. Here are a couple of options on ebay.... Are they any good?

VGA Adapter 1 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3079150120&category=41015)

VGA Adapter #2 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3078757284&category=41015)

I'd find one that boasts component inputs, not composite. It's so much better, it's not even funny.

Donnie_B
02-25-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by PoetSaskia
a play on an old commodore monitor, which is a good bit sharper than a TV. Someone on the forums was claiming that on a TV you could only get 30 frames per second because of the TV's refresh rate. I was arguing with him. But if that were the case, a moniter would offer smoother framerates as well as a sharper picture. (But I don't know if this is the case or not.)

Im doing the same. I have one of the old small C64 monitors and it works really great. I cart it around when we LAN with Halo and stuff. The only downside is that it is really small, so I just sit close. And you dont go blind.

Also, using the adaptor for your comp monitor is a good idea. The picture is awesome but again it can be small compared to the big screen and wide screen TVs available. In Canada, last time I checked, they were bout $70.00 or so (whats that like 5 bucks in the US), a hell of a lot cheaper than a TV if you already have a comp monitor. It is a good substitute but I still say go BIG (TV) or go home.

:cheers:

Brasco