PDA

View Full Version : Sega GT ONLINE

BananaMan
02-19-2004, 07:02 PM
Hey guys for the people that have played this is it worth it? Do you think i should pick it up? I mean for 19.99 it's dirt cheap (at least for a new game today, espcially online!) Any input would be appreciated because i can go pick it up tomorrow.How and what are some of the online modes? And are the cars good? Thanks:cheers:

(I already have PGR2, but i'm looking for another racing title also)

Or if you have any other suggestions for a game, But i only have 30 bones so keep it cheap.

BananaMan
02-19-2004, 09:01 PM
anyone?:huh:

Rochey69r
02-19-2004, 09:18 PM
Yeh Gday Mate!

I alsowanna know weather to pick it up or not, but havnt played it. Most sites ive seen give it around the 80% mark.

one i remember said it was just the same old game with some new cars and a poor online section added in.

most say its a good pickup for your small amount of dosh u pay.
get it from EB and take it back if its crap, or do my trick, buy from kmart and take it home, play it, if its crap take it back and say u were given it as a gift and could u exchange the game for another? ive never been denied.

kmart workers dont know if the games been opened or not. they ussually know little about gaming :)

good luck

BananaMan
02-19-2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Rochey69r
Yeh Gday Mate!

I alsowanna know weather to pick it up or not, but havnt played it. Most sites ive seen give it around the 80% mark.

one i remember said it was just the same old game with some new cars and a poor online section added in.

most say its a good pickup for your small amount of dosh u pay.
get it from EB and take it back if its crap, or do my trick, buy from kmart and take it home, play it, if its crap take it back and say u were given it as a gift and could u exchange the game for another? ive never been denied.

kmart workers dont know if the games been opened or not. they ussually know little about gaming :)

good luck

True that. They know nothing about it, lol it's hilarious. But most of the time at kmart they have games as old as the hills, i mean c'mon they're still selling NFL 2k2 wtf? anyway i might try that but i'll probably be picking it up from EB when i go to the mall tmrw.

I just wish someone who has played it would let us know what it's like.:cheers: :eek:

Tim
02-19-2004, 09:57 PM
I love this game! I loved it offline and it is very cool online. The only thing that is a little weak about buying the online game is that I now need to build up my garage again. And that takes time! (Which I never have enough of).

So, if you don't have the original, I would highly recommend getting it. If you do have the original, I would pass. With all the other online games out (and the fact that you have PGR2), you might not get that much fun out of the online portion of the game.

:cheers:

Chewy
02-20-2004, 07:55 AM
Well boyz, I am in the process of review this game as we speak. Sometime next week I hope to have it done and posted.

I am really torn with this game. I don't like the game itself too much (I haven't been able to try it online yet, that is this weekend.) but the price of the game is the only factor that keeps me from slamming it completly. There aren't many games out there for $20 that let you play online. My biggest problem is that now that I have played Rallisport Challenge 2 all other driving games I play seem like they suck.

So for the final verdict, you are just going to have to wait till next week kids.

l Maximus l
02-20-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Chewy-XBA
Well boyz, I am in the process of review this game as we speak. Sometime next week I hope to have it done and posted.

I am really torn with this game. I don't like the game itself too much (I haven't been able to try it online yet, that is this weekend.) but the price of the game is the only factor that keeps me from slamming it completly. There aren't many games out there for $20 that let you play online. My biggest problem is that now that I have played Rallisport Challenge 2 all other driving games I play seem like they suck.

So for the final verdict, you are just going to have to wait till next week kids.

By playing Rallisport Challenge 2, that's quite understandable! But, keep in mind that Rallisport Challenge 2 is a rally game and not a street racer.

As for the price tag, the main reason why it's only $19.99 is because it's basically the same game as the first Sega GT except they added a bunch more cars and tracks...and now it's on-line. It's a great value :)

BananaMan
02-20-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Maximus SYN

By playing Rallisport Challenge 2, that's quite understandable! But, keep in mind that Rallisport Challenge 2 is a rally game and not a street racer.

As for the price tag, the main reason why it's only $19.99 is because it's basically the same game as the first Sega GT except they added a bunch more cars and tracks...and now it's on-line. It's a great value :)

Yea, i picked it up today. Got it preowned at EB for 17.99(every dollar counts, rite?:D ) it's pretty good. I like it, but it's no PGR2.

Chewy
02-20-2004, 09:10 PM

Very true man, very true. Like I said the only thing keeping me from slamming this game is the price. $20 is a great deal for a game. But then when you compare it to other street racers, PGR2 it just doesn't stack up. I still need to play it a bit more to get a better idea of what exactly I am going to say in my review.

That is my two cents anyways.

BananaMan
02-20-2004, 09:12 PM

Very true man, very true. Like I said the only thing keeping me from slamming this game is the price. $20 is a great deal for a game. But then when you compare it to other street racers, PGR2 it just doesn't stack up. I still need to play it a bit more to get a better idea of what exactly I am going to say in my review.

Well after playing it for a while i really don't care for it that much. Online is a little on the laggy side. I think this one will be collecting dust most of the time.:eek:

BinaryXtreme
02-21-2004, 01:31 PM
I was not impressed with the game at all! It went bye bye in 2 weeks. Save your money or rent it first.

CarGuy
02-21-2004, 02:20 PM
It's a good game.. I actually prefer it to PGR2.. I LOVE the fact you can race your modded cars online. Unless you're broke as **** then pick it up.. It's especially good if you have a friend with the game you can race with online. It's no Gran Turismo 3, but it gets the job done for me.

l Maximus l
02-22-2004, 02:45 AM

So, is it true that you have a true copy of Rallisport Challenge 2? I am a die hard for the first one...and I can't wait for this sequel...especially since my wife bought me one of those Madcatz steering wheels...I can't wait to hop on-line with this bad boy!

Viper87227
02-22-2004, 03:25 AM
I just got it today, and while not as good as PGR2, its allright. Its alot more realistic for one thing, you can used your tunes cars, its got alot of downloads, you can trade your cars online, 12 player racing, ect. I think its really good, for $20 you cant go wrong, and its got the full Sega GT 2002 single player also

Hard Boiled Cop
02-22-2004, 05:13 AM
I've played it in single player and before, when Project Gotham Racing 2 was not out then, Sega GT 2002 was a brilliant game, equivalent to Gran Turismo 3 on the PS2. It was a fun single player. When they say they are going to make it online I thought woo hoo! But now PGR2 is out, I really think there's no point, PGR2 blows the competition away. If they are to make an entirely new Sega GT but this time 2004, then that would be great. Have graphics that are the standards of PGR2, make it longer and online. Then there would be a competition.

Ninja Scroll
02-22-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by BananaMan

Well after playing it for a while i really don't care for it that much. Online is a little on the laggy side. I think this one will be collecting dust most of the time.

Damn, you quit on dis game pretty fast Banana!:eek:

I was strongly considering coppin dis game until I read several poor/mediocore reviews.
I normally dont let a review keep me from buying a game, but when they said it was da same game with a couple extra cars and online play I passed, even for da killer 20 bean price tag!

I passed on PGR2, for whatever reason. But im just drooling for Rallisport2!!!

btw, SegaGT Online has lag? Dats terrible since da game is not pushing powerful graphics are anything in PGR2's league.
dats just sad.

Oh, is anyone ever online with GT?:watchout:

YO Waximus, im gonna smoke you in Rallisport2 sunshine!!:p
I aint played you on XBL since ( gulp ) Unreal Championship in 2002!!:cry: Get yo ass online beeeootch!!:D

Hard Boiled Cop
02-22-2004, 10:35 AM
I've played the online bit at my mates place and it is crap. It lags too much. The frame rate per second can't even catch up damn it.

Chewy
02-22-2004, 11:05 AM

So, is it true that you have a true copy of Rallisport Challenge 2?

Nope, I didn't have a full copy, I had the beta release. There were still some issues that they were going to have to workout, but most of it was outside of the gameplay, menus, loading times etc. This game is off the freakin' hook man. I used to like the first ralisport game, but now I just can't play it. It looks like crap after I have played the second one. Seeing my car cartwheel down the road with both doors off, the hood gone, and all the windows smashed out was a beautiful thing. I am not so patiently waiting for the new one to hit the stores.

BananaMan
02-22-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

Damn, you quit on dis game pretty fast Banana!:eek:

I was strongly considering coppin dis game until I read several poor/mediocore reviews.
I normally dont let a review keep me from buying a game, but when they said it was da same game with a couple extra cars and online play I passed, even for da killer 20 bean price tag!

I passed on PGR2, for whatever reason. But im just drooling for Rallisport2!!!

btw, SegaGT Online has lag? Dats terrible since da game is not pushing powerful graphics are anything in PGR2's league.
dats just sad.

Oh, is anyone ever online with GT?

I aint played you on XBL since ( gulp ) Unreal Championship in 2002!!:cry: Get yo ass online beeeootch

Yeah man they need to fix some things first. It's a pretty cool game, until you turn it on. When your online if someone trades with you, if they quit during the trade it will duplicate the car. If you run into another car online you glitch through them and take the advantage. Most of the time in races cars will be jumping around, every once in a while you can find one that isn't too bad. But if you get in a full room with the 12 battle, it's laggy as hell. There's quite a few people playing it but still. One thing if you want a good racing game stick with PGR2, better graphics, better game, PGR2 has everything going for it.

BTW, i'll also be picking up Rallisport Challenge 2, that game looks awesome!:cheers:

Ninja Scroll
02-22-2004, 12:04 PM

Yeah man they need to fix some things first. It's a pretty cool game, until you turn it on. When your online if someone trades with you, if they quit during the trade it will duplicate the car. If you run into another car online you glitch through them and take the advantage. Most of the time in races cars will be jumping around, every once in a while you can find one that isn't too bad. But if you get in a full room with the 12 battle, it's laggy as hell. There's quite a few people playing it but still. One thing if you want a good racing game stick with PGR2, better graphics, better game, PGR2 has everything going for it.

BTW, i'll also be picking up Rallisport Challenge 2, that game looks awesome!:cheers:

Well I guess as da old saying goes, in dis case with Sega GT Online, you get what you pay for!! :rofl:

I'll chill out on PGR2 until it gets a price drop, but I will get Rallisport 2 as soon as dat joint drops in stores, ya herrred me mang?!:cool:

BananaMan
02-22-2004, 12:05 PM

Well as guess as da old saying goes, in dis case with Sega GT Online, you get what you pay for!! :rofl:

I'll chill out on PGR2 until it gets a price drop, but I will get Rallisport 2 as soon as dat joint drops, ya herrred me mang?!:cool:

:cheers: Rallisport is going to be awesome online!!!

Ninja Scroll
02-22-2004, 12:08 PM

:cheers: Rallisport is going to be awesome online!!!

Speaking of online, are you on my XBL friends list BananaMang?

Wat games you got junior?

BananaMan
02-22-2004, 03:21 PM

Speaking of online, are you on my XBL friends list BananaMang?

Wat games you got junior?

Nah, but i'll add ya.

I got PGR2, GR, GR:IT, Rs3, RTCW, Espn football,Unreal Championship, Amped 2,Counter-Strike,and Crimson Skies:cheers:

l Maximus l
02-23-2004, 05:18 PM

I aint played you on XBL since ( gulp ) Unreal Championship in 2002!!:cry: Get yo ass online beeeootch!!:D

For sure, dude...We definately need to get on-line again...it's been way too long....And, I'm definately getting Rallisport Challenge 2...there's no question, man...

Dude, have you played a racer with the Mad Catz Wheel (the one with the pedals and stuff)? Seriously, man...I'll never go back to a controller when playing racers...it's bad ass!

Oh yeah...and as for smokin' me "sunshine"...I think you'll be too busy chewin' on my dust! Ya heeerrrrre me, MANG?! :p

Ninja Scroll
02-24-2004, 11:30 AM

For sure, dude...We definately need to get on-line again...it's been way too long....And, I'm definately getting Rallisport Challenge 2...there's no question, man...

Dude, have you played a racer with the Mad Catz Wheel (the one with the pedals and stuff)? Seriously, man...I'll never go back to a controller when playing racers...it's bad ass!

Oh yeah...and as for smokin' me "sunshine"...I think you'll be too busy chewin' on my dust! Ya heeerrrrre me, MANG?!

Naw. I dont heerrre you mang!:D

Peep dis sunshine, no real man, or im my case- p.i.m.p is gonna look like a wanksta sucka in da crib wit a playschool playdoe Mad Catz Wheel and footbreaks! :rolleyes: :rofl:
Wat would my shawty think!
Then again, I do got dat Mad Catz Gun foe HOTD3! :wink:
Anyways I aint gettin dat wheel junk mang.
But wat up wit your tag? You gonna make a new gamertag and get a new XBL kit?

Holla back at'cha boy KdNinjaPImp lil'maxi-pad-imus!:p

mattgame
02-24-2004, 03:38 PM
It's worth the 20 bucks. And then you got the online element added, I don't think you can beat it. :cheers:

Kortiz
02-24-2004, 04:31 PM
I got it, its a great game for 20bucks.

Haven't been playing since RS3 has me by the neck, but I like it.