PDA

View Full Version : MX Unleashed

NPYYZ
02-19-2004, 08:04 PM
I have been a fan of the motocross Madness games on the PC. I used to play MCM2 non stop on the PC at the Zone back before the Xbox came out. Once I got the Xbox I lost interest in PC gaming. (my PC is out dated). Any way, I was so into MCM2 I hoped a good MX game would come to the Xbox. I've rented them all, and they all don't come close to MCM2. Well those days are over my friends. MX Unleashed is a fantastic Motocross game. If you like Motocross you can't go wrong with this game. I got it yesterday and I haven't been able to stop playing it since. Even PGR2 has been put on hold. Althought the game does not support live, it is good enough on it's own and well worth $39.95.
When you first load the game not much is unlocked . You can run a couple different courses in Supercross, Nationals, and freestyle. To get things unlocked you will want to start career mode. This is a blast. The AI is very competitive and the courses are excellent. The bikes handle great and the game looks fantastic in 1080i high def. I haven't had this much fun riding dirt bikes since I was 18, and that was many years ago.

Marc_01
02-19-2004, 09:43 PM
yeah man. I can't believe this game was 39.99? Just because the price is lower than most games does not reflect its quality.

I know racing AI doesn't compare to real humans via xbl but the AI is very tuff even in amatuer/pro.

If you are a mx fan/rider. This IS the game to have.

Kamshaft
02-21-2004, 11:06 AM
Yup, I agree. Great game. The next one better have Xbox Live support and downlable tracks. Man, if they blow this. I give up.

Would be cool to make a PC version and a release a track editor, afterwards hand pick some of the best tracks created by trhe community and have them available for download off Xbox Live.

Now that would rock.

MXU itself, has a few minor bugs, but not many.

Larryhavoc
02-21-2004, 03:35 PM
As a avid rider/racer i have been waiting for this game forever. now that i have it im in love. Being that i race, i notice a lot of improvements over the older mx games. Im very happy with this, i just wish there were downloadable tracks, oh wel. maybe next time.

Marc_01
02-22-2004, 07:51 PM
A lot of people have been upset over many things that was not in MXU that was in atv/mcm games; Like bike handling adjustments, online play, etc..

I believe Rainbow simply ran out of time. Since this game isn't Halo that has a open never ending deadline, you end up having to make sacrifices and cuts to get your product out.

Kamshaft
02-22-2004, 08:11 PM
You're right, I heard that straight from the horses mouth.

They assured me that the next version will have online play, not sure about the downloadable stuff, but definately online play.

A PC version would also be nice to make tracks.

TheWheelMan
02-24-2004, 08:01 PM
Any one of you guys wanna like give me the game lol i have no $$$ and i want it soo badly but sadly i cant have it:( o well i still have mechassualt to have at!!

TheWheelMan
02-24-2004, 10:14 PM
Bah please i want it o sooo badly:hail:i need $$$$$

marcoab15
02-26-2004, 02:25 AM
39.99 are you out of your mind???????? what a deal for hours of fun. My kids and I have turned into red eyed monsters with the amount of sleep weev lost...2 player is fine but live support would have given it the gold. Lets get more licensed bikes and profesional race bikes in the loop next time, and like gold member would say where are the girl riders with tite bodys....pick it up and for the best experience crank it up to hdtv 1080i.

TheWheelMan
02-26-2004, 09:47 AM
Listen haha 39.99$ is a great price but you see that makes it like 59.99$ in canada and thats even harder to come by cause im like completely broke hell im getting kicked out of my house on monday i dont really care but ya i still want it o and sure i would do it up on a hdtv lol if i had like 2 grand sure but like not everyone can afford a 2000$ tv ahhhhh why cant things just be free:cry:

xturbox
02-27-2004, 12:44 PM
don't worry wheel man..the same people raving about this game will have it on sale on e-bay in a month. It's really not all that..most tracks look and feel the same...hardly no custimization, no online, no sys link, limited pro riders and gear, limited bikes, and they hype the physics being realistic..hah- yeah you can land your bike on its side and keep riding in real life...sure. Alot of people are in denial about this game and are trying to talk themselves into thinkin it's better then they ever imagined...because they were addicted to the mcm2 series and it will take a while for them to realize rainbow actually did a dis-service releasing a half featured game. Gamers expect more these days for there money..it can't just be a re-make of 6 year old game and expect to be recieved well..
Don't believe the mxu hype....rent it first.
:cuss:

TheWheelMan
02-27-2004, 01:03 PM
Hey thanks for the advice your right maybe i will just rent it i mean i have rogers coupns for free videos and games and stuff so i should take advantage of them but anyway i know for sure im ganna get DRIV3R regardless lol its ganna be sick:D

xturbox
02-27-2004, 01:36 PM
It's wierd when I first bought it and popped the game in...I thought it was decent but after a few hours it was just the same thing over and over...I decided to try the freestyle and open the monster truck..drove it around for about 5 mins and was bored outta my skull..part of the prob is I played mcm2 to a rediculous extent..so after a few hours on mxu it was a complete been there..done that feeling.

If you did not play mcm1 or 2 very much this game more hold value longer but not for me.

R6Redliner
02-29-2004, 02:19 PM
HHHhhhmmmmm, wow, I'm getting alot of mixed reveiws on this game....Looks like i'm just gona have to wait till it comes out for rent so I can see what the heck I would be getting before spending the $$$....I had asked Hollywood Video when it would be available to rent and they said prolly not till next month...I'm not one for playing the XBox on line, so that is the least of my worries...my biggest factor is being able to do the freestyling and choosing to shift gears or not to shift gears...I need to beat my room mate again so I can ride her R6 again...lol....definately the game has to have the realist sounds of the bike, of course the grafics....I was very impressed by MotoGP2...I thought that game what the Sh*#!!!

xturbox
03-01-2004, 09:22 AM
If you don't care about live play it might work for you....it's got the graphics and the sound taken care of....the Ai is brutal later in the career mode..brutal

Marc_01
03-02-2004, 07:31 PM
I've raced MX for many years and from a real rider view point, this game has plenty to spark memories and to enjoy. But, it isn't a hardcore simulation and thats cool with me. If you want a simulation, simply get a real bike.

Some get bored easy and I can understand. But being a MX fan and rider, I enjoy everything about this game.

I haven't unlocked the "Pro Physics" yet, but my guess is you can't get away with alot of what you can with the "race physics".

Someone told me with the 125 and Pro physics, it is pretty close to the real deal. I'll have to see to agree :)

TheWheelMan
03-08-2004, 11:34 PM
My friend is playing the game right now so far ive beaten like almost all of the freestyle mode ive unlocked all the machines but i still have a few challenges to do and then i gotta finish the racing.Ive beaten about 55% of the game so far i played it all today lol but ya it does get repetitive and i dont plan on buying it.And another thing the graphics are like ps2 quality so ya that kinda bugs me cause it could look alot better well thats my 2 sense. GAMES ALRITE BUT EVERYONE SHOULD PROLLY JUST RENT IT AND THEN FORGET ABOUT IT!

ramprider0
03-28-2004, 05:41 AM
I bought MXU and couldn't belive it was 39.00$ I play it every day and love it but if you're tired of MXU everyone should give MTX Mototrax a try it has online play and alot more features than MXU and a faster sense of speed! It actually looks like you're going in slow motion when you play MXU after playing MXU but thats because MTX runs at 60fps so if ya really enjoy MX games give MTX a spin I think you'll have fun with it!

borka105
03-28-2004, 10:51 AM
ehhhhhhhh...... Mtx blows this game away in terms of depth.

create your own track
xbox live play
huge career mode

MXU just isn't the best motocross game on the market.

-borka105

Splinter-Seal
03-30-2004, 06:17 PM
MX Unleashed is the new 'owner' of the MX genre. Those of you who played MCM2 and loved it, do not hesitate to pick this gem up. If you're still concerned about which one to get, go check out EB Games review section -Xbox. Also notice that MTX's price has dropped from $49.99 to $29.99 (U.S.) The game is garbage. It may have more 'depth' and a silly track editor, but they had to add some element of quality to this asswipe worthy disc. That, my friends is where it ends.

Take it from a 14 year MX Vet -MX Unleashed is the way to go. Also, another thing -anyone that has ever spent any time on a bike (That could ride) knows that a bike can be landed on it's side. It goes like this; You come off a triple, line up for a berm, whip your bike to set up for it, and presto -you have landed your bike on it's side. Who ever was talking about the Pro Physics -Yes, a very worthy unlockable that adds even more realism to this masterpiece.

Viper87227
03-31-2004, 12:08 AM
Like a few other people here, I have been riding MX bikes for a few years, and I can safly say MXU is the better game. MTX is good, track editor and XBL are nice, but it's just not as much fun. The two games are sitting right next to each other on my shelf, and 9 outta 10 times, I will grab MXU over MTX. The jump physics are a bit floaty but the rest is spot on, more realisitc than MTX, and IMO it looks alot better.

All I can say is rent both, some people will prefer MTX jsut for the live play, but any die-hard mx racer should enjoy MXU more, regardless of features.

ramprider0
03-31-2004, 11:26 AM
I don't know I like the sense of speed that MTX has it seems like you're going in slomo on MXU after playing MTX and MXU's freestyle mode is a complete joke there is no depth to it at all its not even really that fun it seems like its just a chore to beat the game! I do however love SX in MXU its very realistic and with pro physics its awesome but I don't really like the Nationals in MXU it seems too wide open to me I like the Nationals in MTX better cause on each course theres alot more jumps,turns,whoops but their both awesome games I play them everyday and couldn't choose just one thats just my 00.02$

Viper87227
03-31-2004, 04:35 PM
I agree MTX has a greater sence of speed, but that isn't that realistic. MX is more about your timing and precision through turns and jumps, not how fast you are going. In real life speed alone isn't gunna win you a race...

ramprider0
03-31-2004, 07:30 PM
Yeah I know but this isn't real life its just a game....

MXracer721
05-24-2004, 11:59 AM
ramprider, it seems u are a pastrana fanboy. you are entitled to your opinion tho, each person is going to like their own game but between these two games it is really clear which the winner is...mx unleashed. BUT if you like freestyle more than racing in video games then you will like MTX. But if you are more into the racing portion of the game the mxu destroys mtx. The mtx supercross is a joke. its not fun at all.

ramprider0
05-25-2004, 02:39 AM
I hate MX Unleashed nationals their way to big and not technical enough but yeah MX Unleashed has great SX tracks hands down. My favorites are Detroit,Phoenix,San Diego and San Antonio.

MXracer721
06-09-2004, 01:43 AM
yep, i agree i hate the nationals on MXU. not fun. I wish they could make tracks like slingshot from MX Madness 2 but on MXU. that would rock as well as some damn freestyle courses not a national forest, i hate that. wow this makes it sound like i dont like the game...NOT TRUE lol :cheers:

BTW...u want technical? play Cedar Mills. hardest track ever.