PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Flight Simulator for XBox....??

Leviathon
02-20-2004, 10:36 AM
as anyone heard if this game will ever come to the xbox? I love M$ Flight Sim. and would love to see this game come over to the box.

Why doesn't M$ port it over? The Xbox can certainly handle it, can't it?

My reasoning why is that in order for me to play the new version(s) of flight sim means that I have to put in some costely upgrades into my PC, so the Xbox made more sense.

Duke
02-20-2004, 10:38 AM
Haven't heard anything either way, but it seems to me that most true sim games would have to be seriously reworked w/ the # of buttons on a console controller.

Leviathon
02-20-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn
Haven't heard anything either way, but it seems to me that most true sim games would have to be seriously reworked w/ the # of buttons on a console controller.

That's true though...

One way they could do it is you could utilize buttons on other controllers. It would make the game strictly one player but that's how the game is played right now at home. I think the one thing that is keeping them from doing it though and in the future might be the lack of a possible hard drive in the next gen consoles...

The game doesn't even have to be a direct port. I would be happy with a slimmer version of the game if that is possible. So far none of the flight games that have come out for the box have really excited me like Flight Sim

Brutus
02-20-2004, 01:33 PM
It was released at launch. I saw it at the store the other day! It's still $30.00 so even though it only got like a 7.8 or something, it must be continuing to sell.
Also, a much better sim that I'll be getting soon is the VT game. You know, Steel Battalion, the one with the 40-button controller.
Especially if you don't think that the Xbox controller is good enough to control a giant machine.

BinaryXtreme
02-20-2004, 02:22 PM
I haven't seen it either but it sounds interesting.

Leviathon
02-20-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Brutus
It was released at launch. I saw it at the store the other day! It's still $30.00 so even though it only got like a 7.8 or something, it must be continuing to sell.
Also, a much better sim that I'll be getting soon is the VT game. You know, Steel Battalion, the one with the 40-button controller.
Especially if you don't think that the Xbox controller is good enough to control a giant machine.

I heard the rating was a very liberal rating because of the Launch, and that the game really stinks.

I have been tempted to rent it several times but have always passed on it. One of the reasons the price remains somewhat high is because of the limited supply. I'm not sure what the details were but they quit making it or something along those lines during the first few months of the xbox. That's why sometimes on Ebay you could find it selling for way more the original price of $50.00. People thought it was going to be a collectors item or something....

Brutus
02-20-2004, 03:21 PM
So has anyone actually tried the d@mn Jet Game?

LiquidX
02-20-2004, 04:11 PM
I have Airforce Delta Storm and think its pretty fun. I only payed 20 bucks for my copy. Some missions are pretty damn hard. Im stuck on one where I have to take down an enemy sattelite before its launced into space from a plane.

Conchord
02-20-2004, 04:20 PM
The xbox handle an exact port. It will have to be towned down. Anyone who disagrees please look at Dues Ex 2, Half Life 2, and Doom III when they all get released.

MikeMan91389
02-22-2004, 02:01 PM
Steel Battalion=WAY too expensive for me... i wish i could get it, but seriously, 200 bux- i dont even have a job :D

JJaX
02-23-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Leviathon
as anyone heard if this game will ever come to the xbox? I love M$ Flight Sim. and would love to see this game come over to the box.

Why doesn't M$ port it over? The Xbox can certainly handle it, can't it?

My reasoning why is that in order for me to play the new version(s) of flight sim means that I have to put in some costely upgrades into my PC, so the Xbox made more sense.

I never got a chance to try that game...

But i can say that "lock-on" owns!

Hawkhead11
02-23-2004, 03:03 PM
The newest One, I think its called 100 years of flying or something like that, looks sweet, and would be awesome on the xbox.

bostwick202
02-23-2004, 03:46 PM
sounds awesome. For the controller, Microsoft Could Just Sell a Xbox Branded Force-Feedback Joy Stick? It would be really awesome for crimson skies too! Imagine, downloading new planes for MS Flight Sim off XBL!

l Maximus l
02-23-2004, 04:46 PM
Perhaps the Steel Batallion controller could be used.... :watchout:

Angell
02-23-2004, 05:45 PM
Or couldn't MS just make a controller for the game and make even more $$$

My dad asked about this the other day... he loves flight sims, in fact he won't play games unless its the ocasional flight sim. I was hoping I could find it for him, but xbox doesn't have one... and delta storm isn't a flight sim. :eek: