PDA

View Full Version : Danny Elfman and Fable

thrAsher
02-20-2004, 12:08 PM
That's right, Danny Elfman (a la Simpson's fame) is doing the theme for Fable. How sweet is that?
~~~~~~~~

Elfman Contributes to Fable Soundtrack

February 18, 2004—Microsoft Game Studios announced today that music celebrity Danny Elfman has composed the theme for the upcoming Xbox roleplaying adventure Fable™.

Elfman, three-time Academy Award® nominee and front man for the eighties new-wave band Oingo Boingo, is best known for his unique musical style. Movie-goers have heard his work in the soundtracks of dozens of popular films, including Chicago, Batman, Spider-Man, The Nightmare Before Christmas, and Beetlejuice. For Fable, Elfman’s first foray into the world of videogame soundtracks, he worked with a hand-picked orchestra and recording team to produce a magical theme in full 5.1 Surround Sound.
~~~~~~~~

And the rest is here (http://www.xbox.com/en-us/fable/pressrelease.htm).

Brutus
02-20-2004, 01:15 PM
In other words: Fable is going to not only meet, but beat (More like smash through) our expectations for an RPG.
Sweet!

StudioAlex
02-20-2004, 01:15 PM
I like Elfman, but I wish he'd quit using the whole "haunting chorus" thing. It was cool when he busted it out fifteen years ago, but lately it makes his work kinda stale.

thrAsher
02-20-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by StudioAlex
I like Elfman, but I wish he'd quit using the whole "haunting chorus" thing. It was cool when he busted it out fifteen years ago, but lately it makes his work kinda stale.
But think about it. Fable, man. A dark fairy tale. He's perfect for this. The fact it's his first job tackling a video game's theme music, it might just inspire him to do something extraordinary.

Supposedly we'll find out this summer whether it was a good call or not, eh?

RudedogX
02-20-2004, 01:19 PM
Ah...Oingo Boingo...Batman...Elfman will make a great score!

bigloser
02-20-2004, 01:27 PM
Here's some of his movie credits.

Spider-Man II

Big Fish
The Hulk

Chicago
Red Dragon
Men in Black II
Spider-Man

Novocaine (theme)
Planet of the Apes
Spy Kids
Heartbreakers (theme)

The Family Man
Proof of Life

Sleepy Hollow
Anywhere But Here
Instinct ***
My Favorite Martian (theme)

A Simple Plan
A Civil Action
Psycho * (music by Bernard Herrmann)
Modern Vampyres (The Revenant)

Flubber
Good Will Hunting *** (Academy Award Nomination)
Men in Black *** (Academy Award Nomination)

Freeway
The Frighteners
Extreme Measures
Mars Attacks!
Mission: Impossible

Dead Presidents
To Die For

Black Beauty
Darkman II: The Return of Durant (themes only)
Dolores Claiborne
Shrunken Heads

Army of Darkness
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Sommersby

Batman Returns

Article 99
Pure Luck

Darkman
**** Tracy
Edward Scissorhands
NightBreed

Batman

Beetlejuice
Big Top Pee Wee
Hot to Trot
Midnight Run
Scrooged

Summer School

Back to School
Wisdom

Pee Wee's Big Adventure

(none)

Forbidden Zone

DIGITAL
02-20-2004, 02:55 PM
sounds good to me ,an thats some list of movies hes scored

Slacker
02-20-2004, 05:48 PM
He plays the Devil in Forbidden Zone , it's an awesome musical , they were calle the Mystic Knights of the Oingo Boingo ,,,,,it also has Tattoo from fantasy Island and lots of T&A its in Black and white , for any lover of strange "cult" movies its a must , it's hard to find though I was lucky to find my copy for 3 bucks , it sells on ebay for 40-50 , your local college kid run Video store might have it in the cult section