PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Dark/ Goldeneye disscusion

ghost 009
02-21-2004, 08:46 PM
I don't know about you but I think that Perfect Dark and Goldeneye were some of the best games ever. I almost returned Perfect Dark because I thought it would suck at first but then I loved it once I started to unlock harder game types and cheats. I will not be picking up Perfect Dark 2 on xbox 2 because it will be absoulutly horrible. They are making it cell-shaded people, cartoony looking. They also left it up to EA to make the bond games now. They are horrible. Why don't they just stick to what they have got?
I think that this is really sad. Sad as in pathetic and sad as in "this sucks". Rareware is ******* me off so much. They are lazy. Really unbelievable. Conkers bfd on xbox is bassically a remake I think but they added multiplayer. Come on wtf. No more good games. You know why they haven't made a good game in a while? Because the people that made Goldenye and Perfect Dark quit and created free radical. I didn't like Time Splitters 2 that much. That era has ended and the Halo/ bungie era has begun.

Anyways, what did you like better PD or goldenye or did you like them both.

What charater were on multiplayer?

What were your favorite weapons?

I really like them both a lot. I would always be the patriotic Elvis (alien) with the scuba head or I would be one of those area 51 armor guys with the black mask on. I would normally have double CMP150'S or dual falcons. My favorite muliplayer level was the one that looked just like the lobby scene in the matrix . I would sometimes pick a Joanna leather suit and pretend that I was Trinity. It was soo awesome playing that. That was right up there with Halo. I can't believe anyone would say that PD sucked because I have heard it on this site before. I think PD was just as good as Goldenye if not better. I liked picking my own weapons for the game types. That was another great thing about it. I actually think I am going to bring that game back with me from Ohio next time I go up there and start playing it again. I don't really want to compare it with Halo because you just shouldn't. You should like it as much as you do Halo.

RIP Perfect Dark & Goldeneye:cry:

ghost 009
02-21-2004, 08:51 PM
HOLY ****!!!! THAT WAS FAST!!! nobody comes in this forum and even if I posted it in the off topic lounge nobody would have responded that fast anyhow.:yikes: That was like literally 10 seconds after I posted.

Variation-XBA
02-21-2004, 08:54 PM
You sound like all the fanboys that come into my work... sigh...

Judging a game before it out... nice one...

About the cell chaded thing... yea, kinda lame in my mind, but it wont stop me from TRYING it at least. Look at Windwaker, imo it looks stupid compared to the classics, but plays just fine, but you probly call it CELda huh? :P

Hard not to agree with you on some parts about EA and their Bond making skills, thought the new bond is actually pretty fun, though I doubt you've even tried it since its EA+Bond.

Because you dont like the games doesnt mean they suck, others love em, and Im sure you love some games I think suck :P

IMO Goldeneye will always be king for the oldschool shooter/multiplayer. PD I didnt like as much. Just never got into as much.

ghost 009
02-21-2004, 09:00 PM
Ya but they should have just stuck with the reular and not make the game cell shaded. They made XIII cell shaded because it was a comic book before. Zelda is a game that a lot of little kids play and they have made a lot of those though. They should not make the game cel shaded. Hopefully that will change. I guess I would still rent it and then send a letter telling them how much they suck nuts and they I will go dress up in a donkey kong costume and massacre everyone there:D .

Hard Boiled Cop
02-22-2004, 11:10 AM
Grabbed By the Ghoulies was cel shaded and I personally think it still looks great. Jet Set Radio Future was cel shaded and still it was great. So why complain? Cel Shading is good unless they make it right. Oh and I've played the EA bond games and they are still crap. Controls were complicated. the AI's are dumb and the vehical section wasn't great. They should stick to making sports game, and some fighting ones: Lord the rings: TT and ROTK. They were very good.

ghost 009
02-22-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Hard Boiled Cop
Grabbed By the Ghoulies was cel shaded and I personally think it still looks great. Jet Set Radio Future was cel shaded and still it was great. So why complain? Cel Shading is good unless they make it right. Oh and I've played the EA bond games and they are still crap. Controls were complicated. the AI's are dumb and the vehical section wasn't great. They should stick to making sports game, and some fighting ones: Lord the rings: TT and ROTK. They were very good.

those games were already cell shaded to begin with. Imagine this, Halo wasn't cell shaded. If they made the second one cell shaded what would you think of it?

xbox genius
02-24-2004, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Butterz

those games were already cell shaded to begin with. Imagine this, Halo wasn't cell shaded. If they made the second one cell shaded what would you think of it?

now halo2 cel shaded is bad........ and i didnt know perfect dark is going to xbox 2??/ thats way too far away.... crap no wonder there are no news about the game heh

ghost 009
02-29-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by xbox genius

now halo2 cel shaded is bad........ and i didnt know perfect dark is going to xbox 2??/ thats way too far away.... crap no wonder there are no news about the game heh

hell I don't even know if it is coming out.

Hard Boiled Cop
03-02-2004, 01:06 PM
OK I suppose for Halo 2 cel shading will look bad. It really depends on the style of the game.

LoRd StOnEpAw
03-03-2004, 01:42 PM
I like PD better. It had better multiplayer in my opinion like it was the first of the two to have SIMs in the mulitiplayer. This way u could be alone but still playing. I dunno about u but those SIMs really help u get better like by going against MeatSim then EasySim then NormalSim then PerfectSim and so forth. There were also those specialty SIMs like VengeSim that had special qualities in their stragety. When and if the new PD comes out I would definitely try it out despite the Cell Shading u guys are talking about... could u elaborate on the cell shading??? I'm a noob :D you got me confused :eek:

ghost 009
03-03-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by LoRd StOnEpAw
I like PD better. It had better multiplayer in my opinion like it was the first of the two to have SIMs in the mulitiplayer. This way u could be alone but still playing. I dunno about u but those SIMs really help u get better like by going against MeatSim then EasySim then NormalSim then PerfectSim and so forth. There were also those specialty SIMs like VengeSim that had special qualities in their stragety. When and if the new PD comes out I would definitely try it out despite the Cell Shading u guys are talking about... could u elaborate on the cell shading??? I'm a noob you got me confused

Ya I liked the sims too. I would put them on dark mode and get my head blown off.

I just posted this and spent about 10 minutes doing this and then it said I had too many ******* images.

To sum it up my friend got conused what I was talking about for 2 years. When I said that they were making PDzero look anime he thought I was talking about something like this

http://www.jnlgame.com/CdCovers/Playstation2/Ps2/WinBack%20Covert%20Operations%20.jpg

But I ment cell shaded, like this

http://www.turmschieber.de/spiele/zelda-windwaker/ww6.jpg

http://www.toysnjoys.com/usps2/xiii.jpg

http://www.cyberconsolas.com/scripts/imagenes/originales/1507darkzero002.jpg
PerfectDarkZero
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.yagi3.jp/pdura/play/05.jpg
PerfectDark

XIII was a good rental but making PerfectDark2 cell chaded will completly ruin the entire game.

LoRd StOnEpAw
03-04-2004, 06:20 PM
Ah, I got an idea of what u meant by Cell Shading now. Thanks. Well I agree with the fact that if Perfect Dark Zero was cell shaded like those pics u have there then I think ur right, it'd be a disaster and a disgrace to the old Perfect Dark, which probably look better than that Zelda :p . Then again I agree with Hard Boiled Cop that it really depends on the style and how they cell shade the game...

BTW, in multiplayer I'd dress as the purple Sniper with the Alien scuba mask... I used to seriously own in that game... I'd rock all my friends. They get so pissed off.... :cuss: And my weapons were the Falcon 2 w/ scope, CMP150, Cyclone, K7 Avenger, Magsec, Phoenix, hell i could kill with any gun :D .. then again I'd play 1 hit kill.. which can u imagine with them PerfectSIMs :cry: sooo much pain..

ghost 009
03-04-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by LoRd StOnEpAw
Ah, I got an idea of what u meant by Cell Shading now. Thanks. Well I agree with the fact that if Perfect Dark Zero was cell shaded like those pics u have there then I think ur right, it'd be a disaster and a disgrace to the old Perfect Dark, which probably look better than that Zelda . Then again I agree with Hard Boiled Cop that it really depends on the style and how they cell shade the game...

BTW, in multiplayer I'd dress as the purple Sniper with the Alien scuba mask... I used to seriously own in that game... I'd rock all my friends. They get so pissed off.... :cuss: And my weapons were the Falcon 2 w/ scope, CMP150, Cyclone, K7 Avenger, Magsec, Phoenix, hell i could kill with any gun :D .. then again I'd play 1 hit kill.. which can u imagine with them PerfectSIMs sooo much pain..

ya I beat all of those challanges. Fun as hell game. I actually named myself butterz and 009 on there too. And that one level that looked like the matrix was awesome. I really wish I would have gotten that play as Elvis cheat though. I knew a lot of glitches in that game and could play it fro hours cause I had a lot of the cheats. Lets see, I would glitch in the shooting range and shoot the two guys on the other side (they never died), I would also launch slayers out the door, I would always play the first level:cheers: . I would open the first door at the begging of the level then I would rush all the way to the top, jump on the door, duck, go into the light and I would fall all the way down the level. Sometimes I would end up on a platform outside the datadyne building and shoot the people on the inside, and sometimes I would end up at the bottom of the level (near the elevator). I saw this video on the internet and this guy beat the level in 0:06 seconds.

I liked all the guns. I would like controling the slayer, I used the falcon 2, silenced falcon 2, avenger, cyclone, mauler, mag sec, cmp150, rcp90, laptop gun:D . Hell your right, all the guns were/ are good.

I really wish that they would at least make it not cell shaded. Hell they should just remake the game and put it on live.

LoRd StOnEpAw
03-05-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Butterz

I saw this video on the internet and this guy beat the level in 0:06 seconds.

I really wish that they would at least make it not cell shaded. Hell they should just remake the game and put it on live.

How the :cuss: did that dude beat a level in 6 seconds!!! That's crazy...

Also... if they make Perfect Dark Zero a live game... that'd be soo freakin awesome!!! I'd get that game w/o question... since i loved the first one :wink: