PDA

View Full Version : The ultimate proposition for xbox and the next gen consoles

blackiee2002
02-21-2004, 09:29 PM
I dont know why developers haven't done this already.

think about it; after finsihing playing a game, won't you want to see how you progressed in the game from start to finish. sort of like watching a movie but seeing yourself and how u fared. its awesome.

Like Ninja gaiden for instance, if you beat it you can watch the whole game in its entirity and how you slaying ninjas ans stuff like that.

what u guys think, if it is good, i will get some to send it to developers.

Let the specualtion begin.

Nameless
02-21-2004, 09:43 PM
Ugh, I don't like it. I mean...why would you want to watch 20+ hours of a game you just beat? The whole thing isn't for me.

blackiee2002
02-21-2004, 09:44 PM
sort of like wathing everything you've done through a movie or a cutscene. this way, microsoft will twice about leaving the hardrive out.

blackiee2002
02-21-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Nameless
Ugh, I don't like it. I mean...why would you want to watch 20+ hours of a game you just beat? The whole thing isn't for me.

for the ultimate experience. won't you want to watch ninja gaiden and how you kicked some ass:p

Nameless
02-21-2004, 09:50 PM
No. I was there...I would remember kicking some ass, no need to watch hours and hours of the game I just played and beat.

blackiee2002
02-21-2004, 09:59 PM
a game that is 20+ hours does not mean the it take you that same number of hours to see it. remember you get stuck on levels for a long time before moving on. all that will be filtered out.

Nameless if it is not your cup of tea, its fine

but the rest of you what ya think

Slacker
02-21-2004, 10:32 PM
on certain games I can see it , and on other no, alot of racers have something like it, I have recorded myself playing Halo to improve my game both in campaign and Death match , I can see the benefit in a competive sense I think also some horror games it would be fun ,

Ninjermy
02-21-2004, 10:36 PM
i love the idea! i think it should be like sports games with replays... you shud be able to move the camera and zoom in and out and play in slow motion and reverse!!!

prakeem
02-22-2004, 01:01 AM
Not a bad idea. It would be especailly nice to see replays and such, of games played online.

l Maximus l
02-22-2004, 01:56 AM
Cool idea...but, I often don't even watch my own replays in sports games or even racers...so, this feature would likely not be used by myself. But, hey...what the hell, why not have it available for people who would really like it?

Viper87227
02-22-2004, 03:46 AM
Ehg, seems like a waste of hd space to me. Think about it, a 3 min replay of a race is 1MB, it would be around 400MB for 20 hours....thats alot of space on a 6gig hd

Heavens Gate
02-22-2004, 04:52 AM
I thought about this as well because sometimes I'll just pop in a sports game, let the computer have at it and just sit and watch. I know people who record their session via VCR. It's good for people who want to break records without having to use VHS. I say yes and also include a site to upload a broken record or a cool move or stratedgy.

Hard Boiled Cop
02-22-2004, 05:19 AM
I personally think that it would not be a good idea. I mean whats the point of watching yourself at the end of the game when you can play the game again in a harder difficulty? Only good for racing games.
I don't mind having stats at the end. Like in GTA, you go to the options screen and you can check what you have/have not done. Great for every game, especially for FPS. No. of headshots, no. of kills, best used weapon and etc.

blackiee2002
02-22-2004, 10:04 AM
some of you are wondering what is the use of this; would it not be great for the one time super unreal moves you make in a game that you would want others, perhaps your friends to see this really cool move you did.

i think its awesome, but if some of you have mixed feelings, then i believe may be the developers would too dang:(

MikeMan91389
02-22-2004, 02:11 PM
I still think it'd be fun....

XboxTJ
02-22-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Nameless

Yeah i agree, i don't like it, i think that only is good for Racing games like Nascar, PGR, etc.

Brutus
02-23-2004, 01:39 PM
I don't know. If you could easily break it down into chapters, I think it would be WAY tight.
Think about it:
Ever since the early days, we've all had experiences where we wish someone had seen it but when you tell them they're like, cool... All trying to imagine the cool move and you end up feeling like more of a gamer dork than you should.
But:
Like in Halo, for example. I played it on Normal one day to just go and kick some arse. I shocked myself at the onslaught I emitted!
In Silent Cartographer, I jumped off a ledge and before I landed, I smacked an elite in the back of the head and threw a plasma grenade around the shield of one of those bird things, planting it on his head. While he's all freakin' out, I shot a three burst shot in the head to one of the grunts.
Afterwards I kind of sat there in the silenced room going, wooh.
So If we could record that it would be tight.
Maybe, constantly record / & record over itself, then when something cool happens, we could access it and pull it off of the HD.
Yeah, that would be a neat feature.

JJaX
02-23-2004, 01:49 PM
Most PC FPS games allow you to record a demo...

I use to record clan matches, and watch the match from any angle, or anyones view.

blackiee2002
02-23-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Brutus
I don't know. If you could easily break it down into chapters, I think it would be WAY tight.
Think about it:
Ever since the early days, we've all had experiences where we wish someone had seen it but when you tell them they're like, cool... All trying to imagine the cool move and you end up feeling like more of a gamer dork than you should.
But:
Like in Halo, for example. I played it on Normal one day to just go and kick some arse. I shocked myself at the onslaught I emitted!
In Silent Cartographer, I jumped off a ledge and before I landed, I smacked an elite in the back of the head and threw a plasma grenade around the shield of one of those bird things, planting it on his head. While he's all freakin' out, I shot a three burst shot in the head to one of the grunts.
Afterwards I kind of sat there in the silenced room going, wooh.
So If we could record that it would be tight.
Maybe, constantly record / & record over itself, then when something cool happens, we could access it and pull it off of the HD.
Yeah, that would be a neat feature.

now that is waht i am talking about, some one here knows what i am alluding to.;)

BattleAxe2006
02-24-2004, 08:43 PM
haha, it sounds cool, except some games shouldn't have it...like morrowind... that'd be one LOOOONG movie.:p that is, if i read the post correctly...

kenji
02-24-2004, 08:53 PM
I think that it would be cool for some games. It would be pretty awsome because I think that Halo matches would be cool to look back on, but it would take SO much memory.

It won't be put in, but I think that it is a good idea for some games.

blackiee2002
02-24-2004, 11:08 PM
I think that it would be cool for some games. It would be pretty awsome because I think that Halo matches would be cool to look back on, but it would take SO much memory.

Well if they do it then, one it would prevent $M$ from *****ing and whining about developers and gamers not using the hardrive right? that way we woul give them a reason to make it mandatory in xenon. anyways everyone wins it is a win win situation:D

BoundBruiser
02-25-2004, 08:10 PM
If you want to be better at a game watching your replays always helps. The ESPN football game has something simallar to that for Boomers half time show, but it just shows pictures of highlights.