PDA

View Full Version : What's Next

Integra Man
01-09-2002, 10:37 AM
Are you guys going to be spending all your money on xbox.

This year yes. I'm getting s video the dvd kit, memory pack , and one more controller what about you guys :cool:

XBOX Dude
01-09-2002, 10:38 AM
i'm trying to get money for an ethernet hub and an ethernet wire so i can play alot of xbo's together

l Maximus l
01-09-2002, 10:42 AM
What type of Hub is best for linking multiple XBoxes? I also heard that it would be good, or perhaps, better, to purchase a switch. If so, what kind?

Chr0nik
01-09-2002, 11:18 AM
Get a switch, I would suggest anything from 3com.

Hehe, I have a Cisco catalyst 2700 that I bought in a company bankruptcy liquidation.

Dont waste your money on buying the system link cable, a regular crossover cable will do the job.

batman46st
01-09-2002, 11:39 AM
my current xbox status is: halo munch nba live nfl fever max payne doa3 and i dont know wether to get ssx tricky or t hawks 2x... anyways i got a 27" tv and dsl

in the future by next month: about atleast 3 new games depending on wat comes out. a bigger tv like 38" i dont need a big a$$ tv like u folks do. anyways to hook up my dsl to my xbox so i can get out there and gun down "u tuff guys" in halo.
oh yeah and get a new stand so i can hook upmy system to my phat a$$ sterio...

Ninja Scroll
01-09-2002, 11:50 AM
Well everyones favorite Ninja has many plans this year.

Starting with "Genma Onimusha" in late January and WWF RAW in Febuary or maybe in 2004 the way things are looking with all of THQ's delays :(
that's a good $100.00 beans right there!

I also intend as I have said a couple times to get a KiddyCube (I only want a version of Blue) when ever the Resident Evil-remake ships.

Im pretty sure that by the end of the year I will own atleast 20-25 Xbox titles. The only thing is trying to have the time to finish one at a time.

I still gotta get "Shenmue II"-the imported European version for my beloved Sega Dreamcast. Every times I go to ebgames.com the are sold-out and remove it off their website:(
Hey, anyone know who has this import in stock?:eek:

2002, the year of the X

AlBoogy
01-09-2002, 11:58 AM
I love the sega dreamcast as much as the next person but why would you get the dc version of Shenmue 2??? Especially when its coming to the X!

Ninja Scroll
01-09-2002, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by AlBoogy
I love the sega dreamcast as much as the next person but why would you get the dc version of Shenmue 2??? Especially when its coming to the X!

For several reasons. One being that it will be a collectors item. It only shipped in Japan & Europe for the Dreamcast.
Second, I still love my Sega DC & Shenmue, so im not willing to wait until fall/winter 2002 for the Xbox version.
Though I will still get the Xbox version im just not willing to wait for it.
Third, the price to import it is really cheap since the Dreamcast is pretty much finished:( But it will always have a place in my hart!:)

clintb
01-09-2002, 03:53 PM
Maximus,

Netgear (http://www.netgear.com) has a great little five port switch. The model is FS-105.

Think of a normal hub like a party line. Everyone hears the conversation (traffic/data) whether they want to or not. With a switch, the conversation (traffic/data) is only heard by the parties involved. In the pc world, this works out for more usable bandwidth for everyone on a busy LAN. I don't really know if it would be of great benefit for four XBOXes. That may be something interesting to see on a Sniffer.

Anyway, a four port 10/100 hub or switch will work fine.

l Maximus l
01-09-2002, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by clintb
Maximus,

Netgear (http://www.netgear.com) has a great little five port switch. The model is FS-105.

Think of a normal hub like a party line. Everyone hears the conversation (traffic/data) whether they want to or not. With a switch, the conversation (traffic/data) is only heard by the parties involved. In the pc world, this works out for more usable bandwidth for everyone on a busy LAN. I don't really know if it would be of great benefit for four XBOXes. That may be something interesting to see on a Sniffer.

Anyway, a four port 10/100 hub or switch will work fine.

Hey, thanks, buddy...I appreciate it. So, you recommend a Switch over a Hub then, huh? I just don't want Halo to bog down with all those people playing at the same time. You don't think a 10/100 Hub would do that would you? Or, am I just out right safe with a Switch instead?

Hugh_Jass
01-09-2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

For several reasons. One being that it will be a collectors item. It only shipped in Japan & Europe for the Dreamcast.
Second, I still love my Sega DC & Shenmue, so im not willing to wait until fall/winter 2002 for the Xbox version.
Though I will still get the Xbox version im just not willing to wait for it.
Third, the price to import it is really cheap since the Dreamcast is pretty much finished:( But it will always have a place in my hart!:)

Will it be playable? It will be in Japanese with no subtitles, right?

LynxFX
01-09-2002, 10:55 PM
Laser eye surgery so I can see the screen better. :eek: