PDA

View Full Version : Action Replay: Cheating on Live?

CaptZog
02-22-2004, 04:48 PM
On another board, somebody was complaining about cheaters using Action Replay on XboxLive.

I don't know anything about AR, but does this mean it's possible for people to cheat on Live?

I'm pretty pissed off if this is true. For me one of the biggest draws of Live, and consequently Xbox itself, was the absence of the jackasses that have ruined computer gaming online.

Can anybody tell me more about this and, if it's real, what Microsoft's doing about it?

zog

Wolfgame
02-22-2004, 05:12 PM
All I can say is right now you have nothing to worry about, I really don't think that this will ever be as rampant has it is on the ps2

BinaryXtreme
02-22-2004, 07:36 PM
It is real and I really don't know how it works. I read an on line article about this a while back. There will always be someone doing this stuff and it is too bad that they can't just kick it and enjoy the game but to each his own. I just think it's so pathetic that these people spend so much of their time figuring all of this crap out.

BunnyRabbit
02-22-2004, 07:48 PM
Yeah well there are plenty of people out there that dont hack or mess up the live experience... So Im fine..

Xorg
02-22-2004, 08:22 PM
I was over my friends and he was playing rainbow six 3 and I saw a guy using molotov coc ktails. They download the cheat through online and then transfer it with AR to the xbox.

MikeMan91389
02-22-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Xorg
I was over my friends and he was playing rainbow six 3 and I saw a guy using molotov coc ktails. They download the cheat through online and then transfer it with AR to the xbox.

Yup, thats pretty gay...

What they do is get to a certain point in the game, where u can use molotov coc ktails and then save on the their modded xbox, then i think they dl sumthin that enables it, then they can blow ppl away...

they so ghey

No Fear 23
02-22-2004, 09:46 PM
i have action replay. i only use it for unlocking stuff and not for cheating. theres nothing to worry about since its not a big issue. sure u may come across some ppl on live that uses action replay to cheat like moltiv ****tails in rs3, severaly cheats in rtcw, etc, but the majority of them are agianst it.

Peepers
02-22-2004, 10:04 PM
AR cheating is real, extensive and annoying. MS is reacting, but VERY slowly.

Shadow20002
02-22-2004, 10:55 PM
Hmm..cheating on LIVE.... :(

Hero
02-23-2004, 01:50 AM
another reason why us XBA people gotta stick together and build up a good friend's list... unfortuneatly i dont have live as of yet but i assure i am very annoyed by people who cheat.

Yankeez
02-23-2004, 01:56 AM
this is the reason i only play rs3 with peeps from xba

Slowride
02-23-2004, 03:50 AM
no problems in counterstrike. Come fight fair....I assure you you'll die at my hands.

PapaSKooT
02-23-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Yankeez-XBA
this is the reason i only play rs3 with peeps from xba

And considering some people at XBA Have and Use them...? :D

l Maximus l
02-23-2004, 09:49 PM
Wait until Halo 2...if it's like the first Halo, there is nothing to unlock that would change the multi-player experience.

I think it would be great to keep track of all of the tard carts' gamertags that cheated on games like Rainbow Six: 3 and PGR2 and the like....and then met up with them when Halo 2 comes out. And then hunt them down and give them the Master Chief hump after every death they incur from your arsenal :D

muhuhuahahahahahaha!!!

*pulls head back into the darkness*

WynnFire
02-24-2004, 01:18 PM
Wait, how are they cheating with the Action Replay for xbox? You can only download saves onto it. I can understand being pretty far in the game with a game save but I can't see how they can cheat besides being on a higher level than you. Did someone hack the game saves?

Salmonaitor
02-24-2004, 02:55 PM
Just get on a good server and you shouldn't have a problem (unless Casper has a "girl" over, then you can't get hold of the *******), but most good servers will kick people with Molitov's and silenced weapons.

Casper
02-24-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Salmonaitor
Just get on a good server and you shouldn't have a problem (unless Casper has a "girl" over, then you can't get hold of the *******), but most good servers will kick people with Molitov's and silenced weapons.

Well, the DDC and SYN all have my # so they can use that instead - besides, just be happy I'm taking care of your old lady while you're playing on Live :p

ShaDovV RyDer
02-24-2004, 03:54 PM
ye AR on live is really gay...i got R63 friday night and i was suprised to find ppl using coc tails and stuff...but o well its never going to be fully cheat proof because the hackers always find a way...but if u got skills u can take these guys no prob most of them suk balls and thats y they use that stuff...trust me ppl will get tired of using this stuff when they figure out it helps them none at all...pce

nateman
02-24-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by ChampTTU
no problems in counterstrike. Come fight fair....I assure you you'll die at my hands.

Yea no cheaters there...well, a couple!:cool: