PDA

View Full Version : vice city crash!

mattyg
02-22-2004, 06:30 PM
after long hours put into vice city, and after killing diaz and aquiring a nice little mansion! i saved and proceded to next mission. the game crashed and all the saves were lost and i had to stwart all over again. has anyone encountered this prob and is there any way to recover lost saves? can you update the sftware?:cuss:

XboxTJ
02-22-2004, 08:13 PM
Holy **** now that has to suck dawg! I never experienced that.

Shadow20002
02-22-2004, 08:32 PM
Maybe there are a scratch on the surface of the DVD, try to play it again to see what happen then...;)

BinaryXtreme
02-22-2004, 08:38 PM
I've never had that happen either. Sorry man, that just sucks. Wish I could help you.

MikeMan91389
02-22-2004, 09:41 PM
aww man, that bytes... You lost all ur saves too??? thats rlly weird..

xbox genius
02-23-2004, 01:10 AM
mattyg, i hope you didnt enter any codes or cheats for vice city, because some or even most of them cause corrupted save files. Some of the codes work but others mess ya up when you save... this is as close as i can get to your problem... sorry to hear about your loss... i have action replay so i can download any files... if you have one, you should use it.

OuFtb
02-23-2004, 09:42 AM
You also have to remiber not to save at Cherry Popper , the ice cream place, cause I heard from alot of people it screws up your save, that might be what happened.

Spaztic
02-23-2004, 10:36 AM
considering your game is being read off the dvd and the saves are comming from a special partition....that is really weird!!!! Check your dashboad and see if the saves are showing up in the memory! Not trying to scare you but this could be the beginnings of a hd failure.

mattyg
02-23-2004, 10:42 AM
is that where you have no game loaded and you go to memory? the game was saved at diaz mansion then we went to blow the windows at the north point mall. this was tried a couple of times and saved before it crashed!

Trento52
02-23-2004, 03:51 PM
i remember doing like 4 missions and i was doing so good tehn i went to save it and it froze on grand theft auto 3. But that was the only time.

Conchord
02-23-2004, 03:52 PM
you lost your saves? Sounds like bs to me...I believe it crashed though...

BunnyRabbit
02-23-2004, 04:40 PM
Fooey to you! That blows... Ah well... If you like the game whats the problem of playing through it again right?

Have Fun! LoL

Oh and you dissappointed me. I thought you had a clip of a really cool car crash fool.:p

l Maximus l
02-23-2004, 04:44 PM
Ouch... If you own a memory card, perhaps it would be worth saving it on there in addition to your hard-drive just in case it happens again or something...that hugz nutz...

xbox genius
02-23-2004, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by OuFtb
You also have to remiber not to save at Cherry Popper , the ice cream place, cause I heard from alot of people it screws up your save, that might be what happened.

holy crap... good thing you posted this just in time for me to see it.... i finally bought the crappy ice cream place and i was about to save there too..... but now i save in my show room and condo...