PDA

View Full Version : RT:CW Only $20.00 at Best Buy

Slap A Pope
02-22-2004, 08:11 PM
I don't know if anyone else saw this, but in the as of today,, Best Buy has lowered the price of Return to Castle Wolfenstein to $20. I wasn't going to get this game, but after seeing that, I went out and picked up a copy. Huge single player, and LIVE play? Definitely worth $20.

LiquidX
02-22-2004, 08:13 PM
Yeah thats old news. RtCW is now a Platinum Hit... theres a thread around here somewhere with the other titles that are gonna be 20 bucks in it. Most of them suck though.

MikeMan91389
02-22-2004, 09:27 PM
Yeah, the new platinums aren't that great, but i might get RTCW just to add to my XBL collection... ya no?

ALL PLATINUM HITS= 19.99

Yankeez
02-23-2004, 12:25 AM
http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52130

:p

Hawkhead11
02-23-2004, 03:19 PM
yea, and max payne 2 is $29.99 there also.

l Maximus l
02-23-2004, 04:45 PM
RTCW for $20?? To me, that's a rip off...I think the game is an uber peice of dung...

Seriously....:eek:

BinaryXtreme
02-23-2004, 05:56 PM
I think the price is well worth it. I love that game but hated it when I first got it. It really grew on me and I still play it every now and then. Takes a while to be able to play well on line.

nutsnyomowf
02-23-2004, 07:44 PM
Picked up a copy today!!!

Sigma
02-23-2004, 08:44 PM
Im thinking about picking it up tomorrow, but I probably will hold off and just get the Chapelle Show Season 1 DVD Set and the new Opeth DVD. Then next week is NINJA GAIDEN!

CarGuy
02-23-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Maximus SYN
RTCW for $20?? To me, that's a rip off...I think the game is an uber peice of dung...

WTF??

l Maximus l
02-23-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by CarGuy

WTF??

lol, dude...did I stutter?!!? hehe...RTCW is a WASTE OF MONEY! The frame-rate is horrible...co-op play is extremely tacky. I mean, if you compare this game to Halo (and yes, it came out WAY AFTER Halo did), this game is a complete waste of CD space.

Seriously...I hate RTCW almost as bad as I hated Bloodwake :eek:

Yankeez
02-23-2004, 10:30 PM
Best Buy has a $5 off $25 purchases (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat24700050004&type=category&_requestid=1213) so if u wanna get RTCW you could buy the $25 gift card for $20 and get rtcw and have $5 left over on ur giftcard to buy on something else

i think that makes sense :p

themoosearmy
02-23-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Yankeez-XBA
Best Buy has a $5 off $25 purchases (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat24700050004&type=category&_requestid=1213) so if u wanna get RTCW you could buy the $25 gift card for $20 and get rtcw and have $5 left over on ur giftcard to buy on something else

i think that makes sense :p

I don't think that I would wast my best buy gift card tho, lol, its just as good as cash. Maybe save some of those McDonalds Best Buy Bucks.

frog11983
02-24-2004, 12:00 AM
hmm... if you read the fine print under that offer, you'll see that it doesn't apply to giftcards... too bad

Yankeez
02-24-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by frog11983
hmm... if you read the fine print under that offer, you'll see that it doesn't apply to giftcards... too bad

i just bought one today so i guess it does :p

CRAYMAN
02-24-2004, 06:34 PM

Yep, you've lost any credibility you once had!
Frame rate or not, it was at one time "the definitive Xbox Live experience" as stated by OXM.:p

BinaryXtreme
02-24-2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by CRAYMAN

Frame rate or not, it was at one time "the definitive Xbox Live experience" as stated by OXM.:p

I totally agree. I still play that game on Live and have always thought it was a quality game.

BlindSniper
02-24-2004, 08:06 PM
Why do they call them "platinum HITS" if they suck......well some don't suck but most do, so why is it hits, should be "platinum old crap"

Yankeez
02-24-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by BlindSniper
Why do they call them "platinum HITS" if they suck......well some don't suck but most do, so why is it hits, should be "platinum old crap" once it sells 1 million copies its a platinum hit

l Maximus l
02-25-2004, 01:00 AM

Pfffft....yeah, but OXM also gave the first Splinter Cell a higher rating than Halo and they talk about Halo more than anything....so, who has credibility now? ;)

Yankeez
02-25-2004, 01:26 AM

Pfffft....yeah, but OXM also gave the first Splinter Cell a higher rating than Halo and they talk about Halo more than anything....so, who has credibility now? ;)

but everybody knows halo is overrated

looks at maxy.......

starts running for his life....

l Maximus l
02-25-2004, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by Yankeez-XBA

but everybody knows halo is overrated

looks at maxy.......

starts running for his life....

*Runs after Yankeez-XBA with a pitchfork while chewing on the handle*

Oh man, you're SOoooo dead when Halo 2 comes out ;)

CRAYMAN
02-25-2004, 01:51 PM

:huh: I don't think that helps your case any.

Wolfenstein is a great value at $20. I know I've clocked many a late night on it w/Xbox LIVE. And the single player and co-op as well was a relatively satisfying experience.

:cool:

CarGuy
02-25-2004, 02:56 PM

:huh: I don't think that helps your case any.

Wolfenstein is a great value at $20. I know I've clocked many a late night on it w/Xbox LIVE. And the single player and co-op as well was a relatively satisfying experience.

:cool:

I couldnt agree more, thats why I was puzzled.

l Maximus l
02-25-2004, 04:39 PM
lol, Crayman and CarGuy....I'm genuinly glad you guys both enjoyed RTCW...I just found the game to be sub-par and extremely disappointing. I bought it the day it came out, played several hours of it, and waited and waited and waited for it to get better. It never did....I honestly was bored playing the game.

Since this is an FPS, it's not out of the question to compare it to other FPSs on XBox. And, the one that I can't help comparing FPSs to is, of course, Halo. To me, RTCW is a joke compared to Halo...nothing more than vaporware.... Honestly, I was very disappointed. I also didn't like the XBL experience...the framerate was as bad as Unreal Championship before the patch was installed for it. Seriously...atrocious is the best way for me to describe RTCW.

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful ;)

DZNUTZ
02-27-2004, 11:45 AM
lol, Crayman and CarGuy....I'm genuinly glad you guys both enjoyed RTCW...I just found the game to be sub-par and extremely disappointing. I bought it the day it came out, played several hours of it, and waited and waited and waited for it to get better. It never did....I honestly was bored playing the game.

Since this is an FPS, it's not out of the question to compare it to other FPSs on XBox. And, the one that I can't help comparing FPSs to is, of course, Halo. To me, RTCW is a joke compared to Halo...nothing more than vaporware.... Honestly, I was very disappointed. I also didn't like the XBL experience...the framerate was as bad as Unreal Championship before the patch was installed for it. Seriously...atrocious is the best way for me to describe RTCW.

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful ;)

i agree max..the game is just sub ar compared to tother options we have available.

i'll keep my cop to play with ddc and gux every now and then...but belive me..i'd never purchase another copy if summin were to happen to mine.