01-09-2002, 02:44 PM
okay some one explain this to me properly

what the hell is a hub i dont get it :p thanks

l Maximus l
01-09-2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by ZGXB
okay some one explain this to me properly

what the hell is a hub i dont get it :p thanks

A HUB is the hardware that allows you to link or network several computers together. It also allows a few computers to use one specific printer and other hardware devices, for example.

In addition, a HUB is needed to link (or network) multiple XBoxes so you can play games like Halo on multiple televisions instead of being limited to split screen gameplay. With a HUB, you can hook up to four XBoxes and four TVs and have a total of 4-16 (with this set-up) players playing on Halo's multi-player function. This is one of the best things about XBox that you can't do on a PoS2 or a LameCube. :D

mattcoxonline
01-09-2002, 04:02 PM
Hey ZGXB,

A HUB is the hardware that allows you to link or network several computers together. It also allows a few computers to use one specific printer and other hardware devices, for example.

In addition, a HUB is needed to link (or network) multiple XBoxes so you can play games like Halo on multiple televisions instead of being limited to split screen gameplay. With a HUB, you can hook up to four XBoxes and four TVs and have a total of 4-16 (with this set-up) players playing on Halo's multi-player function. This is one of the best things about XBox that you can't do on a PoS2 or a LameCube. :D

l Maximus l
01-09-2002, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by mattcoxonline
Hey ZGXB,

lol, mattcoxonline...I couldn't have said it better myself...or, wait...that's exactly what I said :confused: :D

mattcoxonline
01-09-2002, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
lol, mattcoxonline...I couldn't have said it better myself...or, wait...that's exactly what I said
Yeah sorry, I knew what it was but couldn't find the words to explain it and realised that you could...