PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Problem

welcomeparadise
02-23-2004, 03:00 PM
I have had my Xbox for about 2 months now and I have been noticing that it will freeze sometimes when playing games. It has froze during several games. Is there anything that can easily fix this, or what causes this? I am probably just going to exchange it for another but I would like to know if there is anything I could have done to make it freeze.

thanks

Hawkhead11
02-23-2004, 03:18 PM
is it in a covered place, such as an entertainment center?

Xorg
02-23-2004, 04:47 PM
its most likely the cd's fault not the xbox's, and did u buy a brand new xbox or a used one?

l Maximus l
02-23-2004, 04:48 PM
XBoxes usually freeze for people that visit XBA and have under 10 posts. Once you reach over 10 posts, try again, and it will work :D

hehe...welcome to XBA!

(I'd exchange it for a different one)

SPARTAN VI
02-23-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Maximus SYN
XBoxes usually freeze for people that visit XBA and have under 10 posts. Once you reach over 10 posts, try again, and it will work :D

hehe...welcome to XBA!

(I'd exchange it for a different one)

That actually makes a lot of sense! :rofl:

BinaryXtreme
02-23-2004, 05:49 PM
It could be over heating. I would make sure nothing is obstructing the vents and that it has room to let the fan kick out the hot air. If it's in a desk or entertainment center, try removing it and placing it on a table or something like that.

Duke
02-23-2004, 05:51 PM
I'd check whatever else anyone mentioned, but if you're having a problem now, and they don't help you exchange it while the warranty is good.

While rare now, there are still bound to be bad boxes out there, no sense in waiting to find out till after the warranty.

Angell
02-23-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by BinaryXtreme
It could be over heating. I would make sure nothing is obstructing the vents and that it has room to let the fan kick out the hot air. If it's in a desk or entertainment center, try removing it and placing it on a table or something like that.

This is true, but then you run into the problem of dust.

In my opinion, the best move is to exchange it. Where did you buy it? I think best by is probably the best place to get things like electronics and such as they are great to work with even if you didn't buy it there.

:cheers:

Shadow20002
02-23-2004, 07:04 PM
You could always try to clean the DVD driver first then play some games after.

BinaryXtreme
02-24-2004, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Angell

This is true, but then you run into the problem of dust.

In my opinion, the best move is to exchange it. Where did you buy it? I think best by is probably the best place to get things like electronics and such as they are great to work with even if you didn't buy it there.

:cheers:

True, but my XBOX is not in an entertainment center and just like my pc, I blow compressed air thru the vents once a month or so to keep it clean. I would take it back too but if it happened again in the same place you had your previous unit, I bet it's over heating.

welcomeparadise
02-24-2004, 12:28 PM
My Xbox is sitting on top of a table, with enough room around it to breathe. Where are the air vents located? I have felt air coming out of the back, but are there any other vents? The games that froze in it were new unopened from the store. I think I am just going to get it exchanged. It is probably just one of the few faulty ones.

BinaryXtreme
02-24-2004, 01:16 PM
Yes, take it back. You don't have to deal with this. You are entitled to a well running machine. Mine has never frozen except when some idiot on Wolfenstein kicks me out of a room. Take it back and let us know how it works.

Happy gaming.

Hawkhead11
02-24-2004, 03:34 PM
binary, are you somesort of parrot, I said that yesterday, look at the posts above this^.

BinaryXtreme
02-24-2004, 07:46 PM
I could care less what was posted. We're all just trying to help. BTW..welcome to the forums.

welcomeparadise
03-12-2004, 03:45 PM
Hey guys thanks for the help. I have my new xbox now. I have been occupied with MechAssault so I havent been able to get back here to repost an update. It is working awesome now.

Thanks

:D

Conchord
03-12-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by welcomeparadise
I have had my Xbox for about 2 months now and I have been noticing that it will freeze sometimes when playing games. It has froze during several games. Is there anything that can easily fix this, or what causes this? I am probably just going to exchange it for another but I would like to know if there is anything I could have done to make it freeze.

thanks

If you have it under warranty, call 1-800-4-MY-XBOX...they'll send you a box, you call them, they'll pick it up, they'll fix it, they'll send it back in under 2 weeks...for free. Also, tell em your box screwed up one of your games, and you can get halo, project gotham, or another microsoft hit, for free ;)...

Brutus
03-12-2004, 04:27 PM
You guys didn't even ask him what's happening!
What does it say?
Does it say , Can't read disc? Does it just freeze in mid game?
Does it sputter, and cough smoke?

l Maximus l
03-12-2004, 06:11 PM
I still am lead to believe that it's a posting issue...

A person must have atleast 10 posts and then all XBox issues are gone! :D

Conchord
03-12-2004, 06:26 PM
I still am lead to believe that it's a posting issue...

A person must have atleast 10 posts and then all XBox issues are gone! :D

I had 600+ posts and my xbox was behaving like it was just runover by a school bus.

l Maximus l
03-12-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by xbocks

I had 600+ posts and my xbox was behaving like it was just runover by a school bus.

Probably because your nickname spells "XBox" incrorrectly ;) hehe

MikeMan91389
03-12-2004, 10:05 PM

Probably because your nickname spells "XBox" incrorrectly ;) hehe

w00t.... maybe cuz 591 of his posts were spam