PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 Tourney at Game Stop the day it comes out...

ShaDovV RyDer
02-23-2004, 03:03 PM
maybe this was alrdy posted and maybe some of u alrdy no this...or maybe this is just happening at my gamestop...wutever this case is gamestop is having a Halo2 tournament at my GameStop the day it comes out...if u win the tourney then u get a free Halo2 game...pretty cool tho it might only be happening at mine...o ye u have to reserve Halo2 at GameStop not EB...neways check it out and im hoping they give away more than one meaning they may have like the winner of each round get a free Halo2...CANT WAIT

l Maximus l
02-23-2004, 04:49 PM
Eventhough I, of course, haven't played Halo 2 yet, I know I would win a copy. ;)

I think I'll contact a local Gamestop and see what's up :D

Yankeez
02-23-2004, 05:16 PM
id rather buy it for $50 and go home and enjoy it :p

l Maximus l
02-23-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Yankeez-XBA
id rather buy it for $50 and go home and enjoy it :p

Yeah, no kidding...I plan on taking atleast one week of my two-week vacation from work when this comes out :D

Oh man, I fear for the n00bs playing it on XBL!! :eek: :cheers:

BinaryXtreme
02-23-2004, 05:51 PM
That sounds like a lot of fun. I'll have to call and see what's up with that.

Fanboy5000
02-23-2004, 06:05 PM
Yeah, my Gamestop has these things all the time. Method Man was there when Def Jam Vendatta came out.

I asked my manager if we would have one when Halo 2 comes out, and he said yes. Only thing is, Employees can't win enter to win the free games :(
But, it's whatever, i'm sure we'll have a employee only torney, just for ****s and giggels (and possibly props)

themoosearmy
02-23-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Maximus SYN

Yeah, no kidding...I plan on taking atleast one week of my two-week vacation from work when this comes out :D

Oh man, I fear for the n00bs playing it on XBL!! :eek: :cheers:

I know, n00bs beware. Some seasoned players will be there! :cheers:

And like Yankeez said, I'd much rather take my copy and go home, rather than wait IN LINE to play it after I've waited since '01 for this treasure.

lotec16
02-28-2004, 01:54 PM
If it comes out during school ill be so pissed, I'd probley go before school if I could (starts at friggin' 7:30) or during lunch(will have liscnece by then :)). I hope it comes out on a break tho, that way people will have a few days to beat it a few times.

I was just thinkin, does/did your highschool have open lunch, to go anywhere, myn does for junior and seniors.

AlphaCigara
02-28-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by lotec16

I was just thinkin, does/did your highschool have open lunch, to go anywhere, myn does for junior and seniors.

my high school doesn't have open lunch for anybody :( (i'm a sophomore). only way students can leave campus is if they're with a teacher.

also, about the halo 2 tourney, i'm with yankz. i'd rather pick up a copy at eb or gamestop (or whatever store has the best preorder deal :) ) and go home and enjoy it

ScorpionX
02-28-2004, 02:25 PM
When it comes out I plan on lanning for days :)

lotec16
02-28-2004, 02:26 PM
my HS has 2500 students, hard to find a seat in the lunch room with just freshmen and sophomores, no way you could fit another 2 classes into it.

oldi1knoby
02-28-2004, 05:34 PM
Will HALO2 support Dedicated servers? Would be cool if we could create servers with our computers that people could join from their Xboxes....

themoosearmy
02-28-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by lotec16
my HS has 2500 students, hard to find a seat in the lunch room with just freshmen and sophomores, no way you could fit another 2 classes into it.

Jeez, i go to a college that only has maybe 500 kids.

DocHoliday78
02-28-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Maximus SYN
Yeah, no kidding...I plan on taking atleast one week of my two-week vacation from work when this comes out

Oh man, I fear for the n00bs playing it on XBL!!

you just might be one of them if we meet up ;)

lotec16
02-28-2004, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by oldi1knoby
Will HALO2 support Dedicated servers? Would be cool if we could create servers with our computers that people could join from their Xboxes....

Bungie needs to set up some east coast dedicated servers... No p2p crap :watchout:

Fanboy5000
02-29-2004, 01:28 AM
the tornuments don't happen they day the game comes out, it happens a few days after so people can actually get good at the game. Then, if you win, you get your money back.

tangwu
02-29-2004, 06:35 PM
Hey everyone is talkin about these tourneys .. but where do u live? Im in Seattle