PDA

View Full Version : OH GOD!!!! XBOX does have a disc reading error!!!!

Twisted J
01-09-2002, 03:42 PM
everyone who knows me knows im not a ps2 or gamecube fanboy!
I am ALL for the XBOX but Sunday the most awfull thing happend!
i went over to my friends house to play halo on HIS xbox, since he doesnt have it yet. i put the cd in and it gave me a message saying somethine along the line that the xbox doesnt reconize the disc and to make sure its an xbox game or a dvd. i was like
"oh *****" then i took it out and tried again, this time it said it was a dvd and i needed the dvd playback kit to use it, at this point my hands where shaking, then i tried fuzion frenzy and it worked on the first try, my hands stoped shaking so much, but i put halo in and it said it was a dvd again, so my friend pluged in his dvd playback kit and then it said it doesnt reconize the cd. my hands started shaking again. i tried again and Finaly it worked!!!
you guys got to belive me im not lieing! you know im not a pos2 or lamecube fanboy!!

the only thing i can think of that caused something to go wrong is that i have my dvd playback kit always pluged in to the 4th controller slot.
could this be the problem???? SOME ONE HELP ME!!!

l Maximus l
01-09-2002, 03:48 PM
Dude, it's no big deal. Just make sure your Halo game is clean. I'm not sure why the DVD playback kit message showed up...that is kind of strange. But, don't worry, dude...Halo might have been a little dusty or something.

Twisted J
01-09-2002, 03:58 PM
i hope your right. im gunna go clean the cd in my cd doctor right now!!!

sinizuh
01-09-2002, 04:04 PM
your friends xbox sucks...

Snoopy7548
01-09-2002, 04:09 PM
a few times my xbox gives me the cant read disc error for project gotham, but i just eject it and put it back in and it works.

SciFi
01-09-2002, 04:41 PM
you cn just wipe it with a clean cloth... no need to get the game doc.

alien_69
01-09-2002, 07:58 PM
the cd/game disc doctor is pretty scary.
it fixes the disc, but the disk gets hazed pretty bad with the doctor. when i first used it on one of my PS2 games i freaked cause i thought i used it wrong - and you have to potential to make things worse if you don't keep the cd wet while you're running it through the crank.

after using the doctor the CD will never shine like new and looks really jacked up, but it will work and it does "repair" scratches.
I would only use it as a last resort if you see a really bad scratch that causes a read error, but i would never use it to just clean dust off a disc.

K Dawg
01-09-2002, 08:12 PM
PGR froze on me a couple times tonite so i gave up on it....hope its not a permanent error with pgr cause fever worked fine

addicted_2_xbox
01-10-2002, 02:11 AM
Something happened to my xbox too. it said that i needed to take my xbox in for service and i've only had it for a month! I was so freakin ****ed, but then i put halo in and it worked.

DrUnKtAnK
01-10-2002, 10:21 AM
I have noticed that the XBOX is pretty picky on semi-dirty disc's, but after a quick clean with a cloth, no problems.