PDA

View Full Version : Breakdown!

diranged
02-23-2004, 08:08 PM
i havent really heard that much about it. but the the guy over at gamestop kept saying it was awsome and he had the demo. so when i got home i decided to look it up and do a lil research. from what i read and heard its going to be awsome! i read about it a while back in the oxm, but didnt really know that much about it. and if u pre oreder it you get dead to rights for free. heres some links for u can read up on the game,

http://www.gamespy.com/previews/january04/breakdownxbox/

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/488/488761p1.html

http://www.namco.com/project-breakdown

:cheers:

Shadow20002
02-23-2004, 10:01 PM
My next targe just after Ninja Gaiden. ;)

Jayhawk
02-23-2004, 10:07 PM
Yeah man looks pretty cool!:)

Trento52
02-23-2004, 10:28 PM
the is on my list it looks awsome. It is also really cool that it is exclusive.

themoosearmy
02-23-2004, 10:46 PM
Looks interesting, not something I've been pursuing but looks great. OXM said this: "Its like a first-perosn Thing...and we mean that in a good way."

l Maximus l
02-24-2004, 01:31 AM
Looks great, however, to be safe, I'll rent it first.

Reclaimer
02-24-2004, 08:43 AM
Did you read my interview on the main page? It does sound really cool!

Hard Boiled Cop
02-24-2004, 10:55 AM
It sounds good but how will it play like? The graphics aren't even that great as well, when you watch the E3 trailer you thought 'wow! This game looks awesome' but right now, you can see jagged lines and dull environments. I shouldn't be saying all of this because looks aren't everything. Lets hope its gonna be good.

Chaotic
02-24-2004, 11:47 AM
It's not a bad game but i still hate the control system.

Reclaimer
02-24-2004, 12:32 PM
I'm really up for this game, hopefully I'll have my xbox back.. or a new one. But I do think the controls are going to be a bit confusing at first, intergrating hand to hand combat with a FPS perspective.
SNK NEO GEO had a FPS game called Super Spy that mixed hand to hand with shooting.. even though it was just 4 buttons to use, the perspective was spastic trying to judge if you where close enough to kick someone or hit them with a knife. Worst of all, it was even harder to tell if the enemy was close enough to you to hit you or not.
Hopefully this won't be a factor in Breakdown.

DIGITAL
02-24-2004, 01:23 PM
i think next month's oxm is gonna have a playable demo of this game

diranged
02-24-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by ChaoticMage-XBA
It's not a bad game but i still hate the control system.

arent the controlls fully customizable?:huh:

ScottTheKilla
02-24-2004, 04:38 PM
From what Ive seen this does look like a cool game but didnt EA take over publishing or something?

Chaotic
02-25-2004, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by diranged

arent the controlls fully customizable?:huh:

yes they are, it still plays wierd.

You guys will see when the game comes out.

diranged
02-26-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by ChaoticMage-XBA

You guys will see when the game comes out.

how are the graphics during gameplay? is there anything out of the ordinary i should know before i buy it? thanx :cheers:

Militant-Gypsy
02-29-2004, 06:38 PM
That's the understatement of the year. I have played the Japenese Version. After some tweaking of the controls it is actually ok to play, but as far as it being weird, yes, it is. First person fighting is awkward, and if you get knocked down just lay there and die, it will be easier that way. Remember what Public enemy said years ago... "Don't belive the Hype" and in this case it's true. This game is average. It tries to be a "genre bridger" and for being a jack of all trades it is a master of nothing. The graphics are Vanilla ice cream. That's the cheap vanilla with no vanilla bean flecks in it. I mean vanilla ice cream is still good, but just vary plain and not much flava. Alot of the times you will see laziness in texturing where the designer just went ok lets just paste this texture all over these cubes and boxes and call that a level... that's not how it works. It's just an average game and not even a "buy" game its a "rent" game....IMO