PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Gaiden dissapointing?

Kyle Static
02-23-2004, 10:20 PM
Was anyone else dissapointed with Ninja Gaiden. I realise its only a demo, but it's probably damn close to the final product. The graphics weren't even all that great, the textures of the walls and everything were a bit PS2. The camera was terrible and the inability to rotate the camera with the right analog stick made things even more irritating. The slow moving right analog first person view didn't make things any better. If they had put in a way to move the camera yourself, I would have been alot more happy.

I liked Otogi Myth of Demons way more than this demo, which means I may be getting Otogi rather than NG. Did anyone else feel this way?

Trento52
02-23-2004, 10:25 PM
haven't played it et but i love otogi and when is the second one gonna release!

themoosearmy
02-23-2004, 10:25 PM
Well, the camera didn't bother me as much as it does for some people, you pretty much just center it in one position and fight from there. In my opinion, Otogi is crap compared to this NG. But I did like otogi.

Dr_J
02-23-2004, 11:46 PM
Kyle, I thought the same thing when I first played it.

Play it a few more times. You will get used to it. You'll be bustin' out 100+ combos in no time.

This game a going to be tight!

l Maximus l
02-24-2004, 12:48 AM
I completely agree with Dr J on this...hands down. Honestly, other than Halo 2 and Rallisport Challenge 2, that demo for Ninja Gaiden actually has me on the edge of my seat for getting a new game!

The camera was kinda wierd at first...I definately will agree. But, once you get used to it...and also used to the other game options (switching main weapons, switching up aerial weapons, and learning more and more combos), this game is extremely addictive.

I'm very much into this game...I mean, when Ryo starts to fight, he's not exactly punching and kicking...he's kicking the living crap out of the dudes to a bloody pulp and then when their limp corpses are on the ground headless, you can still turn them into hamburger before they turn into a puddle of splashing gore. This game is off the hook!!!

Compare this to Tenchu and Ninja Gaiden is the best damn Ninja game ever created. I liked Otogi...good game, but, Ninja Gaiden, to me, is in a whole different category...simply the best, bar none.

The key is to learn the combos and get used to the camera...and to think, we have only seen the first level...I can't wait to see the rest of the game!!!

Oh, and as far as graphics...you should see this game on my HDTV boasting Component video....best looking game on XBox to date, IMO.

Sigma
02-24-2004, 06:12 AM
I've actually heard that the demo doesn't do the final product justice at all. All I know is that a week from today I will be playing this game and I may just **** a brick or two in the process.

CrispyBacon
02-24-2004, 06:52 AM
I thought the demo was pretty good. It got me hooked to the gameplay the same way demo for Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia did. I'll definately be picking it up sometime.

My quandry now is that I was planning on purchasing Otogi in the next couple weeks. I rented it and liked it, but haven't gotten around to purchasing it because I've been playing so many other games... With Ninja Gaiden coming out, I wonder if I should purchase Otogi at all...

Sheeyt
02-24-2004, 07:44 AM
The demo is from last years E3. Of course there is going to be many different things about the final product. And to say the graphics weren't that good, you must be blind. Compared to DOAXV and DOA3 this is right on par as one of the best looking Xbox games yet.

Kyle Static
02-24-2004, 10:07 AM
Well I'm just glad its from last years E3, to say they are the best....you must be blind :p. Look at the wall textures and the rock, its all blurry and textureless. Halo rock looks a million times better. I hope the final product has some improvements...like moving the camera...please...please...please! I'll give it another chance...I want them to put another Genma Onimusha on Xbox, thats my favourite ninja game so far.

Duke
02-24-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Maximus SYN
Oh, and as far as graphics...you should see this game on my HDTV boasting Component video....best looking game on XBox to date, IMO.

I hate you so much. Of course I'll be in Seattle soon, and I'll be driving a truck.............................

Sheeyt
02-24-2004, 11:50 AM
Onimusha is not a "ninja" game. The character in Onimusha is a Samuari not a Ninja, thats a huge difference.

mattgame
02-24-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by TheRightIsRight
Onimusha is not a "ninja" game. The character in Onimusha is a Samuari not a Ninja, thats a huge difference.

The Right is Right is right. :)

Anyway, I believe you are like a woman on this site......, you are in the minority my man. NG has renewed my hopes in the xbox and it becoming the console of all times. The takeover is in full effect mode!;)

JJaX
02-24-2004, 02:40 PM
I completely agree with Dr J on this...hands down. Honestly, other than Halo 2 and Rallisport Challenge 2, that demo for Ninja Gaiden actually has me on the edge of my seat for getting a new game!

Dude, you really need to stop putting "HALO" in every damn post you make. :p

l Maximus l
02-24-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn

I hate you so much. Of course I'll be in Seattle soon, and I'll be driving a truck.............................

Coming up to Seattle? If you're serious, give me a call...just be prepared to drink like a fish :D

l Maximus l
02-24-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

Dude, you really need to stop putting "HALO" in every damn post you make. :p

hehe...so true...but, hey...to me, it's the best damn game ever created...and definately the best on XBox...especially as shooters go. And, by the way, I said Halo 2 not Halo ;) :D

PoetSaskia
02-24-2004, 03:05 PM
Ninja Gaiden is awesome, it is head and shoulders above other xbox games. It doesn't resemble anything on the PS2, except maybe for prerendered CG cutscenes. I don't know what to tell you if you don't like Ninja Gaiden. I think it is the best that videogames have to offer right now.

ShaDovV RyDer
02-24-2004, 03:48 PM
havnt played it yet but maybe i should...

GO KYLE REPRESENTING SWITHFOOT W00T

LiquidX
02-24-2004, 05:12 PM
Personally I thought the DEMO was just OK... nothing spectacular... It was mostly just jump, button mash, button mash, block, button mash. In fact all I did to beat the boss was block until he finished his moves and button mashed him to death.

I do think the actual game will be much better though. In it you will most likely have to learn the combos to survive instead of just button mashing which is my only gripe about the demo. The graphics were real nice. Hopefully this wont be killed by hype.

BTW: The camera was fine to me.

Shadow20002
02-24-2004, 06:05 PM
Anyway, will get it in my hands.

kenji
02-24-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by LiquidX
Personally I thought the DEMO was just OK... nothing spectacular... It was mostly just jump, button mash, button mash, block, button mash. In fact all I did to beat the boss was block until he finished his moves and button mashed him to death.

I do think the actual game will be much better though. In it you will most likely have to learn the combos to survive instead of just button mashing which is my only gripe about the demo. The graphics were real nice. Hopefully this wont be killed by hype.

BTW: The camera was fine to me. Hehehe. I remember say this in previous thread with you about NG. Made you rethink a little?:wink: Just kidding.

I don't know why you pay attention to the walls of a game, Kyle Static. The walls don't matter that much graphic wise. I thought that the demo was awsome, and the camera was weird at times, but hit the left rigger button and it centers it right away.

Jamo
02-24-2004, 09:14 PM
Some people say the graphics are nothing new. Well don't compare it to anything that's not an action game. As far as action games go it's the best I've seen. No slow down either. I just got the demo and i have to say one thing. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! IT ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

themoosearmy
02-24-2004, 10:47 PM
No slow down either.

The graphics are freakin crazy, but I have to admit that once when I was in the room-where-ninjas-never-stop-coming-out busting a huge combo with the nunchuku's, the game did lag up a bit, but thats the only part.

When you beat the boss and the game goes to cut scene, you can barely tell.

colosso
02-25-2004, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Kyle Static
Was anyone else dissapointed with Ninja Gaiden. I realise its only a demo, but it's probably damn close to the final product. The graphics weren't even all that great, the textures of the walls and everything were a bit PS2. The camera was terrible and the inability to rotate the camera with the right analog stick made things even more irritating. The slow moving right analog first person view didn't make things any better. If they had put in a way to move the camera yourself, I would have been alot more happy.

I liked Otogi Myth of Demons way more than this demo, which means I may be getting Otogi rather than NG. Did anyone else feel this way? otogi was good,but i don't think is that good since the levels were to short.

l Maximus l
02-25-2004, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by kenji
but hit the left rigger button and it centers it right away.

I haven't played the demo today, but, for some reason, I think you meant to say the right trigger...unless I'm having a serious brainfart :eek:

JJaX
02-25-2004, 01:51 PM

I haven't played the demo today, but, for some reason, I think you meant to say the right trigger...unless I'm having a serious brainfart :eek:

You are correct max...

kenji
02-25-2004, 06:50 PM

I haven't played the demo today, but, for some reason, I think you meant to say the right trigger...unless I'm having a serious brainfart :eek: My bad. I give my demo disks to my good friend so he can play after i'm done. I was kinda guessing. I remember it was one of the triggers.
:cheers:

l Maximus l
02-25-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by kenji
My bad. I give my demo disks to my good friend so he can play after i'm done. I was kinda guessing. I remember it was one of the triggers.
:cheers:

lol, it's all good...it was really late when I made that reply...so, I actually thought I was having a brainfart at that moment :D But, I guess not! ;)

TheWheelMan
02-26-2004, 08:33 PM
Ninja gaiden is pretty kick ass!! although ya i did have kind of a problem with the camera, it sucks you move the right analog stick and boom your in first person i dont like that at all, and i had a haedache while playing it and it made my head hurt more.I think the camera should go closer up when you click the right trigger its way to far back.Ya the graphics are really awesome but one thing.....Its not ganna be the greatest game on the xbox DRIV3R is......Im sorrie people but if you havent seen the screenshots and movies of this game yet then theres something wrong with you. All im doing is craping myself with anticapation when it comes out in june im ganna freak out and rush out and buy it and be happy:D

p.s tenchu wasnt that great i hate the noise rikamaru makes when hes running ahhhh its awful