PDA

View Full Version : New Doom 3 Info.

bigloser
02-24-2004, 12:27 PM
Doom III Details
By Mike Viscel -- Staff Writer
Published 9:41 AM CDT, February 24, 2004

New Information has emerged regarding the Xbox version of Doom III.

Doom has been a cornerstone in the gaming world for as long as many of us have been playing games. PC gamers have long loved the franchise that just about invented the first person shooter experience.

Doom III has been talked about for a couple years now and many jaw dropping screen shots have been released to the public to show off the PC version. An Xbox version was announced but no real details were released. Today we stumbled upon a few Xbox details for Doom fanatics to sink their teeth into

The Xbox version began in July, 2003

The game is not a pure PC port as it has been partly re-written

The entire physics and lighting system will be present in the Xbox version

The Hard-Drive is used for textures and sound, among other things

They claim that the GameCube and PS2 could not handle the graphics. lighting, bump mapping and sound.

Obviously the PC version will hit first followed shortly by the Xbox version.
GamerFeed. (http://microsoft.gamerfeed.com/gf/news/5558/)

BinaryXtreme
02-24-2004, 01:19 PM
Yet another reason that the next generation XBOX should have a hard drive. I can't wait for this game to come out.

mattgame
02-24-2004, 02:19 PM
My guess is it will be ready for the next Xbox. Which means that it will have a hard drive.............. I hope.;)

BinaryXtreme
02-24-2004, 02:26 PM
I feel it would be killing sales if they don't. The next generation games are going to need a hard drive more than ever. I heard Playstation will have one and if XBOX doesn't, suicide for sales. I honestly will not buy another XBOX with no hard drive.

l Maximus l
02-24-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by BinaryXtreme
I feel it would be killing sales if they don't. The next generation games are going to need a hard drive more than ever. I heard Playstation will have one and if XBOX doesn't, suicide for sales. I honestly will not buy another XBOX with no hard drive.

Microsoft was very clear about adding a hard-drive if Sony does with their next gen console. If you ask me, it's innevitable that the second XBox will have a hard drive.

Hard Boiled Cop
02-25-2004, 01:47 PM
I thought they said that the lighting effects will be slightly tone down? You won't see self shadowing effects on small objects in the xbox version as you will in the PC version?

spoony_11
02-25-2004, 04:10 PM
What exactly will the hard drive do for the x box?

Trill-Ville
02-25-2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by spoony_11
What exactly will the hard drive do for the x box? work as a cache.