PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of preordering Splinter Cell:PD

Wolfgame
02-25-2004, 06:01 PM
at gamestop.com, you can get free two day shipping, but while I was at my local Game stop today, I decided to reserve it and get a t-shirt, the t shirt can be found on ubis site, anyways if you have reserved at game stop. go drop by and grab your t-shirt, its a pretty cool one.

Third Eye
02-25-2004, 06:04 PM
Has the release date been officially set?
Please let me know :)

No Fear 23
02-25-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Third Eye
Has the release date been officially set?
Please let me know :)

i think its march 23rd or 24th

Wolfgame
02-25-2004, 08:11 PM
they told me they would have it in stores on the 24th of march

Alfa
02-25-2004, 08:58 PM
Im predicting this game will flop...MP with splniter cell doesnt seem like a good idea, imo

btw, i nvr preorder games, i wait until reviews are out b4 i buy them.

Variation-XBA
02-25-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Alfa
Im predicting this game will flop...MP with splniter cell doesnt seem like a good idea, imo

Then you havent read ANYTHING about it so far. Reviewers cant get enough of the MP.

This is easily my most wanted of March, stricly cause LIVE :D

bigloser
02-25-2004, 10:21 PM

I think it sounds like a great Idea...

Here's how it's multiplayer is suppose to work.

Basically you have an online mode called Mercenary versus Spy(4 players 2 on each team). The Mercenaries have to protect their "base". The Mercenaries get to play in First Person, and will be armed to the teeth. The spies have to try and infiltrate the mercenary's base, to steal doucments, computer disks, ect.

As a spy you play in 3rd person(you basically play as Sam fisher). The Spies will use a lot of high tech gadgets, like the ones found in the original Splinter cell.

Before everyone starts saying "The Mercenaries have a huge advantage". they won't, because the Mecrcenary players will be playing in first person. They won't be able to see as well as the spies, therefore they will be more vulnerable to attacks from behind, and the sides. A few other factors will help even out the two sides. UbiSoft promises both teams will have their weaknesses/strength.

A few multiplayer screens.
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/splintercellpandoratomorrow__121503_001.jpg
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/splintercellpandoratomorrow__121503_019.jpg
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/splintercellpandoratomorrow__121503_020.jpg
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/splintercellpandoratomorrow__121503_000.jpg

Duke
02-26-2004, 10:59 AM
If you really loved SC, then go ahead. The outdoor environments look pretty cool.

Still questionable on the MP, but the reviewers seem to like it, so there ya go.

I'm still undecided as I tend to get bored w/ stealth games after awhile, and I'm not sure if enough people I like to play w/ will buy the game to make it worth it.

Brevity
02-26-2004, 12:43 PM
After reading what OXM had to say about it, I am thinking of getting it too. I think it sounds like great fun and in the case I dont mind how few players per map there are.

Hard Boiled Cop
02-26-2004, 12:51 PM
I personally think the graphics hasn't improved. Hasn't changed. But the lighting has improved majorly.

BinaryXtreme
02-26-2004, 12:59 PM

That's crazy. This game looks beautiful and from what has been written in the previews, it plays well too. Everything Tom Clancy related has been done extremely well. I think this will be another super hit for the series.

Duke
02-26-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Hard Boiled Cop
I personally think the graphics hasn't improved. Hasn't changed. But the lighting has improved majorly.

Graphics whatever, lighting whatever. I'm glad lighting did improve, too bad graphics didnt, but what will sell this game for me is immersion and MP fun.

Everything else is nice, but I've always been at odds w/ my xbox brethren on the importance of prettiness. Not to say it doesn't count for something, but not a huge decision

Mind you, not saying you think it does, just my 2 cents.

mattgame
02-27-2004, 11:10 AM

Surely you jest. Every mag out there can't say enough about this game. They all agree it's better than the first. Graphics, gameplay, options everything. C'mon young'un get real.:huh:

dances with broom sticks
02-27-2004, 02:38 PM
I NEED AN XBOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Halo pc just isnt doing it for me... I need a R63 fix

aircobra
03-10-2004, 04:17 PM
This game is amazing, much better than the first. Haven't played much, but so far I am very impressed.

Stagliano
03-10-2004, 04:20 PM
Is Michael Ironside providing Sam Fisher's voice again this time round?

JJaX
03-10-2004, 04:31 PM
A must own in my opinion....

Thanks for the reminder, i gotta throw 5 down on it.

JJaX
03-10-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Stagliano
Is Michael Ironside providing Sam Fisher's voice again this time round?

From the clips ive heard, YES...

It wouldnt be the same without him

Stagliano
03-10-2004, 05:03 PM
You're right JJax. Without Michael Ironside it would lose a certain je ne sais quoi. His doing the voice was a big boon in the first one.