PDA

View Full Version : Gamespot gives Ninja Gaiden.........9.4!!

Sheeyt
02-27-2004, 05:37 AM
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/ninjagaiden/review.html

Sigma
02-27-2004, 06:13 AM
Thats great. IGN also gave Ninja Gaiden a 9.4.

It looks like Ninja Gaiden has lived up to the hype. :cheers:

themoosearmy
02-27-2004, 09:37 AM
PoP was good, but Ninja Gaiden is a better game even from the demo. graphics, controls, maybe not the camera, but we'll see about the story.

Ninjermy
02-27-2004, 09:45 AM
woot! ninja gaiden is gonna be amazing... i must have it!!!

mattgame
02-27-2004, 11:05 AM
Oh yes! It's on next week baby! Thank you Tecmo! Thank you!:cheers:

(I think I had an orgasm):p

Tony_Macaroni
02-27-2004, 11:20 AM
Im so glad that ninja gaiden has lived up to the hype. I wus very dissapointed when i heared a couple of people say it wasn't going to be as good as expected. :D

mattgame
02-27-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Tony_Macaroni
Im so glad that ninja gaiden has lived up to the hype. I wus very dissapointed when i heared a couple of people say it wasn't going to be as good as expected. :D

Do you do loans or hits?:D

Welcome to the site.:cheers:

Tony_Macaroni
02-27-2004, 11:25 AM
no unfortunately not....thanks.....and how do u get a pic on the side, and bottom of ur post? :watchout:

mattgame
02-27-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Tony_Macaroni
no unfortunately not....thanks.....and how do u get a pic on the side, and bottom of ur post? :watchout:

There called an avatar and a sig respectively and you have to go to your profile to change your avatar. You can email some folks here who make sigs and they'll get back to you. Usually they will require a certain number of posts but you'll see. The avatar you can make for yourself. Good luck.

Shadow20002
02-27-2004, 04:53 PM
Sheesh...Beat the hell out of DMC.

LTM360
02-27-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Shadow-XBA
Sheesh...Beat the hell out of DMC.

I wasn't expecting much from NG when compared to DMC (my favorite game ever), but when I look into it (screens, review, etc.) this is like DMC (Devil May Cry) for Xbox, I'll be buying this now, which at first I had no intentions of. But im getting this after I get DDR: Ultramix. Which might be a while :(

colosso
02-28-2004, 01:06 AM
ITAGAKY finally put his money where is mouth is and NINJA GAIDEN sounds to me like the real deal,thanks TEAM NINJA and TECMO for all that xbox love.

l Maximus l
02-28-2004, 01:14 AM
Honestly, this score doesn't surprise me at all. I mean, I'm not usually into this type of game...but, I decided to play the demo and I have been hooked ever since! Ninja Gaiden is, bar none, the best Ninja game ever to see a console, IMO.

I still feel horrible for the makers of Tenchu...I mean, sharing the same demo disc with Ninja Gaiden is practically comical! Tenchu hugs ass if you compare it to Ninja Gaiden...

With the demo, I've almost got every combo memorized with each primary weapon. Honestly, once you get these combos down, the game gets better and better and better!

X-Factor
02-28-2004, 02:47 AM
Here are the scores Ninja Gaiden has gotten thus far:

TeamXbox: 9.6 out of 10
GameSpot: 9.4 out of 10
IGN: 9.4 out of 10
Gamespy: 5 out of 5
GamePro: 5 out of 5
1UP: 9 out of 10

FINALLY!!! Xbox has another AAA title to add to its library!

l Maximus l
02-28-2004, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by X-Factor

Yeah, dude...no joke...Honestly, though..I was far more impressed by playing the demo than the reviews...I couldn't believe it was that much fun :cool:

X-Factor
02-28-2004, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by Maximus SYN
Yeah, dude...no joke...Honestly, though..I was far more impressed by playing the demo than the reviews...I couldn't believe it was that much fun :cool: And IGN said Ninja Gaiden will take 20+ hours to finish- most action games are beaten in 10 hours or less (Max Payne, Prince of Persia).

Hero
02-28-2004, 05:53 AM
dang all these reviews are starting to make me want to buy it.. but i promised myself not to buy another game until i beat all the ones i own =/

i of course will make an exception for halo2...but im sure i will be able to borrow my friends or brothers copy if they buy it which im sure one of them will :wink:

Shadow20002
02-28-2004, 08:13 AM
Hmm...the real A+ title! ;)

Jamo
02-28-2004, 10:20 AM
I got my demo a couple of days ago and it is AWESOME!!!!!!! By far the best looking, best sound, best over all action games!!!! I agree about Tenchu Maximus. I played Ninja Gaiden then I started the Tenchu Demo. . . . . Yea.

Unreal
02-28-2004, 12:22 PM

And there is nothing wrong with getting AAA titles :D

blackiee2002
02-28-2004, 09:37 PM
ia already preordered it. i know an AAA title when i see one. that is why i dont wait for the sites to tell me it is.
way to go Team Ninja led by ITagaki

BoundBruiser
02-28-2004, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Shadow-XBA
Hmm...the real A+ title! ;)

Until Halo 2 if not that it will be Fable, if not that it will be BC and if not that it will be Doom 3. I can't wait til these comeout!

Ninja Gaiden was great, when I first played the demo it was pretty lame until I started the fighting, but when I got my moves down the game just magically turned.... Awesome. Even though I still wish the demo could save your possistion, I can't get get passed the old man with the big'ol muscles.

Crazy Joe
02-29-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by boundbruiser

Until Halo 2 if not that it will be Fable, if not that it will be BC and if not that it will be Doom 3. I can't wait til these comeout!

Ninja Gaiden was great, when I first played the demo it was pretty lame until I started the fighting, but when I got my moves down the game just magically turned.... Awesome. Even though I still wish the demo could save your possistion, I can't get get passed the old man with the big'ol muscles.

that's the end of the demo anyway.. if you block alot you should be able to beat him

PoetSaskia
02-29-2004, 07:58 PM
well that was rather rude of Casper to close that last Ninja Gaiden thread, I must say. Nothing like a fresh Ninja Gaiden thread to keep things interesting around here. That's why there's not much activity on this forum-not enough Ninja Gaiden threads! It's much livelier over at team xbox, and they have a bunch of NG threads. Anyway, as I was saying, Ninja Gaiden is the best game in years. It is one of the best games ever. The only other game that keeps me from saying it's the best game ever is Rogue Leader on gamecube. (And also maybe Joust, another of my all-time favorites.) But Ninja Gaiden is the best xbox game and is definitely in the competition for best game ever. It's that good. And I'm just basing this on the demo.

themoosearmy
02-29-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by PoetSaskia
well that was rather rude of Casper to close that last Ninja Gaiden thread, I must say. Nothing like a fresh Ninja Gaiden thread to keep things interesting around here. That's why there's not much activity on this forum-not enough Ninja Gaiden threads! It's much livelier over at team xbox, and they have a bunch of NG threads. Anyway, as I was saying, Ninja Gaiden is the best game in years. It is one of the best games ever. The only other game that keeps me from saying it's the best game ever is Rogue Leader on gamecube. (And also maybe Joust, another of my all-time favorites.) But Ninja Gaiden is the best xbox game and is definitely in the competition for best game ever. It's that good. And I'm just basing this on the demo.

Ninja Gaiden is very awesome, but I'm guessing you're not a big Halo fan?

CarGuy
02-29-2004, 11:32 PM
The only other game that keeps me from saying it's the best game ever is Rogue Leader on gamecube.

I own this game and I fail to see the greatness in it. It's solid but best game ever?? I dont even know what to do half the time..

But that's good news about NG. I remember i bought NG2 when i was little and i got in trouble for sneaking out in the living room at night trying to play it.

mattgame
03-01-2004, 08:47 AM
I will have it Tuesday night. It will be in EB at that time. Hooray! :cheers:

themoosearmy
03-01-2004, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by t_howell
I will have it Tuesday night. It will be in EB at that time. Hooray! :cheers:

Same here bro! can't wait!

PoetSaskia
03-01-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by themoosearmy

Ninja Gaiden is very awesome, but I'm guessing you're not a big Halo fan?
No, I'm not a very big Halo fan. I think it's overrated. I thought it was a good, solid game, but after I beat it, I didn't want to play it again. That is because it is a scripted FPS; the enemies are always in the same place. That's just the type of game it is. I just don't think it has much replay value. I don't know if I'll want to replay Ninja Gaiden a lot after I beat it or not, since you could say the same thing about the enemies in Ninja Gaiden. (Although the enemies in the Master Ninja Tournament are supposed to be randomly generated, which I think is great.) But the 60 fps framerate, the speed of the gameplay and the precision of the controls combine to take NG to a level above other xbox games. It is much faster than Halo, is twice as smooth and is a keener test of reflexes. I expect that I will be playing NG more than once through.

CRAYMAN
03-01-2004, 02:47 PM

No, I'm not a very big Halo fan. I think it's overrated. I thought it was a good, solid game, but after I beat it, I didn't want to play it again. That is because it is a scripted FPS; the enemies are always in the same place. That's just the type of game it is. I just don't think it has much replay value.

Foolish NOOB :cuss: What blasphemy is THIS!!

themoosearmy
03-01-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by CRAYMAN

Foolish NOOB :cuss: What blasphemy is THIS!!

No, I completely agree that Halo is scripted and has little replay, but I love it for multiplayer, every game isn't for everyone.

Back to our topic heading tho: I just beat the demo as a Master Ninja!

PoetSaskia
03-01-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by CarGuy

I own this game and I fail to see the greatness in it. It's solid but best game ever?? I dont even know what to do half the time..

But that's good news about NG. I remember i bought NG2 when i was little and i got in trouble for sneaking out in the living room at night trying to play it.
The game tells you what to do, it lists your objectives when you press pause,and the targeting computer highlights your primary and secondary targets in purple and yellow. This game still looks like it came out of a time machine from the future. Even if you don't give it any points for being based on Star Wars, it's still one of the best games ever all on it's own. Best graphics ever, about as good as the movies. 60fps. I just think flight combat is one of the coolest things you can make a game on. The Battle of Endor is the greatest videogame battle ever. Too bad the sequel totally sucked.

colosso
03-01-2004, 07:12 PM

FINALLY!!! Xbox has another AAA title to add to its library! some of those gamesite who love the gaystation more than xbox are already working hard to lower the score,as we can see on the following list from gamerankings.com gamesites like yahoo, gaming age and daily game reviews are some of those who claim NG is not a good game,because of the camera problems,oh well
Site Name / Link
Quality
Date
Rating
Ratio

_ TeamXBOX 2/27/2004 9.6 out of 10 96.0%

_ GameSpot 2/26/2004 9.4 out of 10 94.0%

_ IGN 2/27/2004 9.4 out of 10 94.0%

_ Gamespy 2/27/2004 5 out of 5 100.0%

_ Gaming Age 3/1/2004 C- 60.0%

_ GamePro 2/27/2004 5 out of 5 100.0%

_ 1UP 2/27/2004 9 out of 10 90.0%

_ Next Level Gaming 2/27/2004 95 out of 100 95.0%

_ Daily Game _ 3/1/2004 7.75 out of 10 77.5%

_ Yahoo! 2/29/2004 9 out of 10 90.0%

mattgame
03-02-2004, 08:33 AM
That daily game score seems pretty mediocre. What gives?:huh:

AloneInTheDark
03-02-2004, 01:24 PM
Err one more day, I'm going to quit preordering at Gamestop. Everytime I do, EB has the game before GS. Gamespot said it will be in tommorow, and EB already has thiers. :cuss:

CRAYMAN
03-02-2004, 07:46 PM
When I read the Gaming Age article/Review on Ninja Gaiden that gave it a "C-",
http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/reviews/review.pl?sys=xbox&game=ninjagaiden

I was so annoyed I shot this email to them.

"Get rid of this "writer". In short, his review was such a blatant attempt to unfairly lend a poor score to a game that is obviously a superior title.

"sometimes fanboy goggles seem to cause some gamers to lose their sense of reasoning."
Yeah, No kidding. PATHETIC."
:mad:

mattgame
03-03-2004, 10:59 AM
I got mine yesterday and guys I have to tell you it sucks! It sucks that I had to stop playing and go to work today. Oh my damn! I am going to have a ball waxing asses on this game! :cheers:

themoosearmy
03-03-2004, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by CRAYMAN
When I read the Gaming Age article/Review on Ninja Gaiden that gave it a "C-",
http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/reviews/review.pl?sys=xbox&game=ninjagaiden

I was so annoyed I shot this email to them.

"Get rid of this "writer". In short, his review was such a blatant attempt to unfairly lend a poor score to a game that is obviously a superior title.

"sometimes fanboy goggles seem to cause some gamers to lose their sense of reasoning."
Yeah, No kidding. PATHETIC."
:mad:
All I have to say is Tecmo: Mission Accomplished.

Listen, if you have a problem with the camera in tight areas, the camera in not being able to see a platform or needing to go to first person view just to move around, you obviously shouldn't be playing this game. I've played through nearly half the game alrady with none of the so-called problems discribed in this review. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. This game requires you to be on your toes at all times.

mattgame
03-04-2004, 08:46 AM
Also witht he camera angles, you can reset them at any time so I don't get it.

Tony_Macaroni
07-10-2006, 10:22 PM
i know this is an old thread ... (about 3 years old) but go look at the first page a few posts down ... it wus my second post and mattgame wus there too ... its so beautiful