PDA

View Full Version : Xbox sounds like a lawnmower

BananaMan
02-27-2004, 12:30 PM
Here lately my xbox has been sounding like a lawnmower when i turn it on and when the fan comes on and all that. Is there anything that i could do about that. Because it's really annoying during games!

BinaryXtreme
02-27-2004, 12:42 PM
There's really only 2 moving parts in your XBOX. The hard drive and the fan. If it's making a sound like that it's probably one of the two.

Casper
02-27-2004, 12:54 PM
Have you though of checking the fan? Blow some compressed air in there - or even open it if your warranty is up and adjust the fan so it it's hitting whatever it's hitting - it's only a plastic fan.

mattgame
02-27-2004, 01:36 PM
When it gets dirty on the inside it gets like that too. Clean with some compressed air or something. Did someone say this already?

Tony_Macaroni
02-27-2004, 02:19 PM
this exact thing happened to my friend. If u have ever left it on for more then 2 days non stop or only like an hour break....lots of **** builds up...like they said...compressed air,,taking it apart will clarify the problem....though i dont reccomend it if u dont know what ur doing . :cheers:

Trento52
02-27-2004, 03:05 PM
mine is really loud but i don't mind the fan but the drive is really loud and i can hear it reading the discs and stuff but i really don't care that much because i always tend to wreck stuff worse if i open them up.

ScorpionX
02-27-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by BinaryXtreme
There's really only 2 moving parts in your XBOX. The hard drive and the fan. If it's making a sound like that it's probably one of the two.

and the cpu fan and the DVD drive

Chr0nik
02-27-2004, 04:23 PM
The Xbox is an inherently loud unit. Mine has been noisy from launch. As long as there is some other noise in the room, it gets drowned out. Forget about playing it when my wife is trying to snooze on the couch though.

Snake Eyez
02-28-2004, 01:21 PM
Does it sound like gasoline or electric lawn mower.

BananaMan
02-28-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Snake Eyez-XBA
Does it sound like gasoline or electric lawn mower.

Usta sound like a gasoline lawnmower. I did the compressed air thing and it doesn't do it anymore. Thanks guys.:cheers:

BinaryXtreme
02-28-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Direct-X
The Xbox is an inherently loud unit. Mine has been noisy from launch. As long as there is some other noise in the room, it gets drowned out. Forget about playing it when my wife is trying to snooze on the couch though.

You can barely hear mine. It's very quiet. I could have mine on and sleep next to it's so quiet. I don't know why some people are saying that theres is. Wonder what the difference could be in the units?hmmmmmmmmm........

CMX Jedi
02-28-2004, 02:44 PM
mine is vary quiet. the only nois it makes is a lil sound when you turn it on.sounds like my computer when i turn it on. must be the fan.

Snake Eyez
02-28-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by BananaMan

Usta sound like a gasoline lawnmower. I did the compressed air thing and it doesn't do it anymore. Thanks guys.:cheers:

Good to hear that your problem has been fixed.:cheers:

SiGuy
02-29-2004, 10:15 AM
mine doesn't make any noise! Oh wait, thats because it hasn't been turned on in 2 months. :cheers: Imagine the dust that's probably settled in that thing.