PDA

View Full Version : Covanant Bazooka

RandyJom
01-09-2002, 08:24 PM
I was playing Two Betrayals on Heroic and I got to the part where you have to use a banshee and fly up to the dock-type-thing to destroy one of the reactors. I landed on the top of the island thing (the one that's like 200 feet up) to change banshee's and I saw a something that looked like a green plasma gernade come at me. I saw a few more and they arch like a grinade. I traced it to the sorce and it was a Bazooka-thing that a grunt had, it looked like a Grey Clipso from Perfect Dark, and it had a little green screen thing that you could see through, when I killed the grunt it instantly dissapeared. Has anyone else seen this weapon?

E Nomini Patri
01-09-2002, 11:17 PM
Those Grunts are called Spec-Ops Grunts. When you play the last level, there are Spec-Ops Elites and Spec-Ops Grunts. They are stronger and the Grunts have a fuel-rod gun that explodes when they die. They haveblack armor by the way.:cool:

Triplex
01-10-2002, 07:18 AM
couldnt have said it better myself!

Obviously, you havent finished the game, because in the last level, like he said, getting through the cafeteria is VERY hard, there are a BUNCH of Spec Ops Covenent in there!

WhiteWynter
01-10-2002, 08:27 PM
where the title spec-ops come from? but the new armor is tight looking. **** grunts. i ran over everything i could in the final moments of game to avenge foehammer. i tried to shoot down those planes but there simply is not enough time.

skoot182
01-12-2002, 09:53 PM
spec-ops = special operations?

WhiteWynter
01-13-2002, 11:12 AM
no i meant, who entitled them spec-op covenant? people just call them that? or thats the name bungie gave them?

E Nomini Patri
01-13-2002, 02:04 PM
It was in the 2nd issue of the Official X-Box Magazine (OXM). It had walkthroughs of all the levels and some extra info on weapons and enemies. The Spec-Ops weren't in the bestiary, but in the last level walkthrough, it said, "Beware of Spec-Ops Grunts, they carry a big gun that explodes when they die." I'm pretty positive that Spec-Ops means Special Operations. :cool:

WhiteWynter
01-13-2002, 03:52 PM
no doubt about spec-ops is special operations