PDA

View Full Version : Delays

TheHaloMafia
02-28-2004, 11:59 AM
All the good shooting games that were supposed to be shipped by now have all been pushed back. woohoo. Full Spectrum Warrior comes out in June, Stacraft Ghost was pushed back to like June too, and Halo 2 'til August. Around that same time comes out Republic Commando and Star Wars Battlegrounds. I'll be shelling out like $300 in a two month span just on games. Damn you video game makers!

As a side note, so will NCAA Football 2005.

E Nomini Patri
02-28-2004, 06:19 PM
Yes, I will say it again.

Halo 2 wasn't pushed back. Bungie has NEVER announced a date other than 2004 up until Fall 2004. If you wish to disagree, give me a link or quote from a Bungie employee or off of their website that states that Halo 2 was supposed to be released on a different date than 2004 or Fall 2004.

TheHaloMafia
02-29-2004, 11:13 AM
Wow, buddy... Calm down. I was just saying that we were supposed to be getting some good shooters throughout the year, not the last half.

Did not relize that me saying that Halo 2 was "delayed" would hurt you so much. Do you always take this much offense to people making a mistake?

E Nomini Patri
02-29-2004, 12:47 PM
Generally I do (you don't know just how many times I have had to tell people about it).

But, that post wasn't written with harsh intent, just more of an informative post with a counter to any possible counterargument. I was just watching my back is a better way to say it :)

Variation-XBA
02-29-2004, 07:27 PM
Ive learned to not care about release dates till their reletivly close.

Most companies give a ROUGH ETA... and TRY to stick with it, if not, It cant really get worse in time....

TheHaloMafia
02-29-2004, 10:00 PM
I dont generally pay attention to release dates also. Just Full Spectrum Warrior was just a month away when they pushed it back. just sucks that it was so clsoe.:cuss:

Duke
03-01-2004, 04:25 AM
You probably already know since you've been following it, but FSW isn't really a shooter. Almost seems like more of a chess game to me (clearly different, and probably a bad analogy, but that's kind of the overall vibe I've been getting)

Like I said, you probably already knew, but you said shooting and wanted to clear that up just in case.

TheHaloMafia
03-01-2004, 06:42 PM
Yeah, but I wouldn't call it a chess-like game. More like a 3rd Person Strategy game. Well kind of I guess... Doesn't sound as good now as it did in my head.:D