PDA

View Full Version : GoldenEye 2

Bakeman
02-28-2004, 06:49 PM
February 27, 2004 - Electronic Arts today officially announced the first details of Goldeneye 2 (which we reported on two days ago), a game in which players will experience Bond like never before -- as a evil, drop-out 00 agent.

Gamers take on the role of an agent who's dismissed from MI6 for reckless brutality, and who then subsequently joins the ranks of the criminal underground. Joining up with super-villain Auric Goldenfinger, players battle for control of the world's greatest criminal organization.

After patting EA on the back for its high critical marks for the recently released James Bond Everything or Nothing, John Riccitiello, EA's president and COO, said, "And we're not done yet -- today we're announcing that we are developing GoldenEye 2 (working title), a game where players become the ultimate villain in the Bond universe."

Under development by EA LA, Goldeneye 2 will appear on multiple consoles (no specific ones were revealed, but we suspect PS2, Xbox and GameCube), and is due this holiday season under the EA GAMES label.

"Everything or Nothing's success continues to showcase the enormous strength of our collaborative relationship with EA and Danjaq," added Travis Rutherford, senior vice president of MGM Consumer Products and Interactive. "We look forward to continued success with this fall's release of a new chapter in the Bond saga and the creation of another blockbuster franchise in GoldenEye 2."

Link (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/495/495406p1.html)

Unreal
02-28-2004, 08:25 PM
As of now, I am not impressed. But I will wait till I get more info before I pass judgement. BTW, I bet you now that the Xbox version wont be taken advantage of. Nor will it have link cable support, online play or custom soundtracks :watchout:

themoosearmy
02-28-2004, 10:30 PM
February 27, 2004 - Electronic Arts today officially announced the first details of Goldeneye 2 (which we reported on two days ago), a game in which players will experience Bond like never before -- as a evil, drop-out 00 agent.

Excuse me? :huh: :cuss:

omg.

Slacker
02-29-2004, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by themoosearmy

Excuse me? :huh: :cuss:

omg.

My thoughts exactly ,,,,,,,,I like playing a bad guy in some games. I can never get into playing a Good guy gone bad. it just seems fake and lame , EA will make it suck, yes Im that closed minded to EA ,:o

Bakeman
02-29-2004, 01:10 AM
yeah I'm not gonna expect much. But the current 007 game is pretty cool.

I remember in the chat room the other night someone saying GoldenEye was the best to date.