PDA

View Full Version : NHL RIVALS is a MUST OWN for any sports fan who has XBOX LIVE!!

borka105
02-29-2004, 08:39 AM
I can't stress this enough when I say, "NHL RIVALS is a MUST OWN for any sports fan who has XBOX LIVE!!"

first let me say that this game is truly how hockey should be played.

it's got very sim like controls, but a somewhat arcade and fast paced feel which makes it fun.

I can talk about the game controls and what not later, but what I want to really talk about it XBL......

ok, this game has to have the best XBL play of any sports game on the market.

forget the dinosaur years when you could only play head to head in a sports game..

well hockey is a 5 on 5 game........ so how cool would it be to have every person on a team be a real player..

well guess what.......? that EXACTLY what Rivals is all about.

now lets add a twist to the formula.

the game features normal ranked 1 on 1 play
then you can play normal play but with up to 10 people (5 on each team)
then you can play something called PICKUP.

now imagine cranking up the speed to 100, taking off all penalties, offsides and icing...... and then going at it with up to 10 players.

yes folks, what made hitz famous is now possible with Rivals but again you can play with 10 people.

Now let me mention the best part........ THERE IS 0 LAG!

now I know everyone is going to say, it doesn't matter how cool or how many features a game has if the gameplay itself sucks......well let me say that this game reminds me of the hockey games that came out in the late 90's very fun and addictive play.

I think the reason that the new sega hockey games have been a disapoint for me, is that they are getting real slow and boring and don't even feel like hockey anymore.

well this game brings back that enjoyment and with the best XBL play of any sports game on the market, this game is a must buy for sports fans.

Oh and did I mention the new retail price of $29.99?

go pick this bad boy up as I am sure you won't be disappointed. And soon maybe we can form our own XBA matchups of 2 on 2, 3 on 3, 4 on 4, or even 5 on 5..... very cool possibilities.

-borka105

Casper
02-29-2004, 09:31 AM
Me and Greedy Griffin play this quite a bit - not sure whole else has it though, but yea, it's a cool ass game - much better change of pace than ESPN NHL - plus the various gamers playing in the game, a must have feature in every sport game!!

borka105
02-29-2004, 09:55 AM
well common Casper, I am sure you can convince your DDC girls to go pick it up as well now that it is 29.99...

I mean this really is what I had wished for all along when XBOX LIVE came out.

it was really disappointing when Top Spin didn't allow you to play doubles with another person....

-borka105

PapaSKooT
02-29-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by borka105
go pick this bad boy up as I am sure you won't be disappointed.

You also said that about NFL Street until a week of playing it :D

Ninja Scroll
02-29-2004, 10:50 AM
NHL sucks, da game, da videogames, eveything about it!
It's gonna all go backrupted in da near future!
Before you know it da joint will only have like 8 teams!

Foe real sports holla at me when NBA2K5 & NFL2K5 drop!

btw, golf games are giizzay too! :rofl:

Da XBA Role Model Of Real Sports Fans Has Spoken, NAW MEAN!?:p

borka105
02-29-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by PapaSKooT

You also said that about NFL Street until a week of playing it :D

what do ya know........ it's the Skoooooooooooot chiming in!

well hear me out brotha, nfl street is the sh*T when you got 6 friends over going at it...... but the single player game just gets boring once you beat it. Which is fun for the 10 or so hours that it will take you to complete it.

overall Street is awesome when playing with friends.

now with NHL RIVALS and XBOX LIVE, playing with people is just a click away.

like I said, what makes Rivals so special is that each person can actually control a player on the ice....... this is the type of revolutionary feature that needs to be checked out by any person who likes sports games.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Imagine Ninja being able to play 5 on 5 in NBA2K5 with every person on the floor being controlled by an actual player....... wouldn't that just kick azz?

well no need to wait and hope, Rivals has that option NOW!

so check it out.....

-borka105

Yankeez
02-29-2004, 12:36 PM
you can get it from ebgames.com for $20 pre-played when you apply the code AFF25

revernd
02-29-2004, 09:31 PM
ive been a big fan of espn 2k4 but i always get roxored on live... ive been thinkin about rivals 2004 for a change of pace, is it worth it?

OC Noob
03-01-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
NHL sucks, da game, da videogames, eveything about it!
It's gonna all go backrupted in da near future!
Before you know it da joint will only have like 8 teams!

Foe real sports holla at me when NBA2K5 & NFL2K5 drop!

btw, golf games are giizzay too! :rofl:

Da XBA Role Model Of Real Sports Fans Has Spoken, NAW MEAN!?:p

lol, hockey is fine, its Ebonics that sucks:p

Yankeez
03-01-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by OC Noob

lol, hockey is fine, its Ebonics that sucks:p

OC Noob id like to introduce you to Ninja Scroll, this is who he be....naw mean ?

OC Noob
03-02-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Yankeez-XBA

OC Noob id like to introduce you to Ninja Scroll, this is who he be....naw mean ?

I've seen it before. I meant it to come across as a joke, like he was joking about hockey. Thats why I used the :p face, but things don't always translate well in writing.

Hey, I thought mullets were cool when I was a kid, so I really have no room to complain about what kids think is cool now.

ps hockey is the shizzlets:D

CrazyCougar
03-02-2004, 11:14 PM
The 5 on 5 feature is absolutely awesome, but the game is lacking. No thanks to Rivals. Played it for a day and regretted it afterwards. I'll stick with ESPN NHL on speed 1, penalties 4 and clock at 6 minutes. Thats real hockey.