PDA

View Full Version : morrowind

Sniper2
01-09-2002, 09:09 PM
can someone please tell me what this game is about?

Thanks

Vipermmx
01-09-2002, 11:01 PM
Its the Ultimate RPG. Not some console crap RPG its the real deal. You can choose your destiny in the game. Want to be evil? Go kill tons of towns people and help evil out. The towns will be afraid of you when you come in town. Want to be good? Towns will cheer you on when you come to town and everyone will admire you.

You can kill anyone and take there gear even a towns person or merchant. Be wared some of them might just run for the guards. Kill someone and another person sees it? They might run to guards or run and attack you to help. The games all about living your own RPG your way. There is a main plot but you choose when to do it. Want to take a break and celebrate the holiday with the towns people? Do it! Yes there is holidays in Morrowind where everything is different.

Want to be a Vampire and own the night? You can. Its all up to you.

Hope that helps.

Website www.elderscrolls.com

Vipermmx
01-09-2002, 11:03 PM
Whoa! For a second I felt like a marketing agent for Morrowind. hehe =)

sinizuh
01-09-2002, 11:43 PM
Morrowind is an epic, open-ended single-player game where you create and play any kind of character you can imagine. Your actions define your character, and your gameplay changes and evolves in response to your actions. Confront the assassins' guild, and they take out a contract on you. Impress them, and they try to recruit you instead. No two sagas are the same in the world of Morrowind. The end result is the most open-ended RPG possible - one with an infinite number of possible paths through the game.

With Morrowind, the unparalleled Elder Scrolls character system is coupled with an exponential increase in the world's richness of detail and level of visual splendor. Utilizing the graphic power of Xbox, Morrowind will feature hyper-realistic textures and polygon counts, real-time shadows, vast landscapes, skeletal based animation, and a dynamic weather system.

i heard the main story takes 30-60 hours, but that's only 30% of the game... most of the game is in side quests.

amazing :O :O i want.

XBOX Dude
01-10-2002, 11:34 AM
the more i hear about this game the more i want it, it sounds so awesome this will be the first game of it's kind on a console and if not then not to the point morrowind takes. have you guys seen pics for this it's freakin amazin.

Frostberg
01-11-2002, 10:56 PM
Hopefully Mirrorwind will inherit some of the finer aspects of Peter Molyneux's Black and White. It seemed to get boring too fast, but the idea of the world that changes on the fly accorsing to your actions is pretty amazing. Mirrorwind should be an amazing game and you know thay have the money to make good games, and I dont think this is one that will be rushed so it should be safe in that department. Should be a must buy for anyone that owns an Xbox...

monkeyman
01-12-2002, 06:16 PM
thats gonna be a great game:D i just hope it wont get boring after awhile

X-Factor
01-13-2002, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by monkeyman
thats gonna be a great game:D i just hope it wont get boring after awhile
Let me ask you something, monkeyman. How do some games get boring? Answer: They have no replay value.

In this single-player RPG everything from the characters, towns, plot, and even the gameplay system evolves in accordance with the player's actions and choices.

Now that's replay value. Morrowind will have more replay value than any other game in exsistence.

The main quest alone takes anywhere from 30-60 hours. That's not even counting the side quests, and mini-games. There will be hundreds of hours of gameplay. And every time you play through the game it will be different. Every action you make effects someone, or something.:eek:

VAN
01-13-2002, 11:04 PM
Just so ya know, the first 2 titles in the Elder Scrolls series were both awarded "RPG of The Year", so you can bet this 3rd game will be fantastic. :)

monkeyman
01-14-2002, 04:41 PM
hehe thats good:D