PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind main quest .... about to give up

brozz
03-01-2004, 11:01 AM
Is there any way I can kill Dagoth Ur without completing the main quest? I know I need Keening and Sunder, tho I don't know where they are. The main quest has become so boring that I'm ready to quit playing the game. I'm doing the fourth and fifth trials (where the Houses and Tribes must all name you as their leader) and I can't take the bordom ...or the "jump through hoops" mentality of everything involved in the quest. I'm ready to kill every NPC in the game!!! Any help would be appreciated, 'cause I'm ready to turn the Morrowind disc into a coaster.

Shadow20002
03-02-2004, 11:38 AM
Wow...seems like you are near what we call in RAGE. Well, the main source to finish the main quest or any quest, you must pay attention to the texts of the NPCs. You need to read carefully when they give you the quest or else, you won't know how to do it.

Gamefaqs.com should help you a little...maybe more than you think.

brozz
03-02-2004, 11:41 AM
Wooohoooo!!!! I've finally gotten through the boring sh*t and I'm on my way to see Vivec. Damn, that has to be one of, if not the MOST boring quest of any game I've ever seen. But, now that the grunt work is over, it's time to really enjoy the game.
I can't wait to become a Werewolf and kill every NPC that has pissed me off!!!! LOL j/k

Shadow20002
03-02-2004, 12:15 PM
Well, glad to hear you have passed it. To be a werewolf you can directly going on the ice world by swimming to the top and left of your map. Fight with a werewolf then catch the disease of it.

Hard Boiled Cop
03-02-2004, 01:02 PM
You think that's boring? I have to sit here watching my brother play this game for the past 6 hours. He's been playing this non stop. I'm still at the beginning!! Everyday he comes back from work and sits down, playing this damn addictive game.

Lord Vivic
03-02-2004, 08:49 PM
LOL.....Thats morrowind for ya.....LOL:p

StudioAlex
03-03-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by brozz
I'm ready to kill every NPC in the game!!!

I say go with your feelings. That's the truly brilliant thing about morrowind. And yes, you can kill Dagoth Ur without following the main quest, you just won't do it as the nevevarine, or whatever he was called.

TuffEagle88
03-06-2004, 10:36 AM
heck, I've had the game a month and haven't really done anything on the main quest. I left that Cassius dudes house, the guy who tells you you are gonna be a blade and tells you to go train, and I never came back. Right now, and well really for the past week I've been exploring Old Mournhold, but man I hope I get to the surface soon, I want to see some sunlight, and maybe something besides goblins! Getting lots of cool weapons though, :)

Max33
03-06-2004, 01:20 PM
Hey man, ya might wanna be carefull how much you actually do thats not misson based.My first run through I went an raped and pillaged the whole of Vvendfell,jackin up my characters stats and stealin any thing that was'nt nailed down.It wasnt untill later on when I tried doing the main quests & some of the guild quests that I had screwed up any oppertunity of completing them.Which kinda left me with nothing to do .Now Im overly paranoid.I dont take anything that has the slightest chance of being misson esential,and try not to kill any one who dosnt attack first.ya probbably already know this but just lookin out.

TuffEagle88
03-06-2004, 02:25 PM
yea, I'm being careful about who I kill and don't usually steal from most people. I'm playing through the Tribunal quests now, which is extrememly difficult, especially since I'm only on level 9. Even on -100 difficulty I still get killed pretty regularly in the sewers. Damn goblins... :mumbles curses to himself:

But there was this one place in Vivec that I decided to go crazy in, it was a bar, but I don't remember the name. So I saved it and then killed a few people, and one of them was this Arogoan(dont remember how to spell it) who wouldn't talk to me. Then after I killed him a message came up on the screen telling me that I had destroyed the web of prophecy or something like that and that I should reload or continue in the "doomed world that I have created". Needless to say I just reloaded. :)

Max33
03-06-2004, 02:41 PM
yeah,Ill tell ya that aspect of the game is a real B!tch.I've aparently completed the main quest,whoped Dragoth Ur,and I still get that message when I kill ceritain people,which makes me wonder is the main quest actually over(Azura said it was) or is it just a flaw in the programming?Questions,questions. Also I've come across some guys with some bad ass stuff,but hesitate to kill em & take it because the game dosnt tell you when people are esential to quests other than the main one.

TuffEagle88
03-06-2004, 02:48 PM
yea, I see people every once in awhile that are wearing enchanted armor or clothing and I want to kill them to see if it is constant effect, but they won't talk to me so I'm scared they are important. One was a High Oritater in Mournhold who had enchanted armor, and another was a Dunmer woman right outside of the entrance to the Bazarre sewers in Mournhold.

maybe the prophecy that has been broken has to do with the Dunmer legends and isn't directly tied to the storyline, but I'm not sure yet if the two of those are connected.

Max33
03-06-2004, 03:09 PM
After I'd killed Dragoth Ur the godess Azura (in a cinimatic sequence) told me that the prophecy had been forefilled.After that I went back to all the mission giving NPC's to see if there was anything more to do and got nothing but congratiulation and thanyou's.A little later still when by happenstance I took a nap in Balmora I started Draoth Ur induced dreams.Part of the game playing itself out of sequence,I dont know.

JediMasterChief
03-16-2004, 09:05 AM
I love Morrowind, but personally I never even began playing the main quest. There's no point in quiting right at the end, but IMO I liked Morrowind for the stuff apart from the main quest.

Lord Vivic
03-17-2004, 03:29 PM
For 1 the game doesnt end after you completed the main quests.And 2 the game is flawed in that sence,because when I completed the main quest of Vvarendfell, I went back to Vivec and he started rambling on about killing Dagoth Ur again.So I got pissed off saved and killed Vivec.

TuffEagle88
03-17-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Lord Vivic
For 1 the game doesnt end after you completed the main quests.And 2 the game is flawed in that sence,because when I completed the main quest of Vvarendfell, I went back to Vivec and he started rambling on about killing Dagoth Ur again.So I got pissed off saved and killed Vivec.

after you finish the quests can you do that without any consequences??????

Lord Vivic
03-18-2004, 06:57 PM
Well I havent come across any quests that require me to go back to him.

TuffEagle88
03-19-2004, 05:56 AM
cool. i'm due to kill Alemexria in a few days. I wonder if I can catch her soul, and if so how powerful it is. I'll just have to wait and see. :)

Lord Vivic
03-19-2004, 02:07 PM
Good luck with those Her Hands Guards by her side.

Lord Vivic
03-19-2004, 02:10 PM
In that case hold off on killing vivec if you want tokill him........killing Almexandria or what ever her name is might set off a chain of events in which you have to go back to Vivec........I will start the main quest of mournhold on my new character and I will see what will happen.....get back to ya later.

Shadow20002
03-19-2004, 03:03 PM
**SPOILERS**

Anyway, you must kill the god lady after all. She will wrap into Clock City of Sothar Hil to destroy you in near the end of the main quest in Mourhold.

TuffEagle88
03-19-2004, 06:59 PM
**SPOILERS**

Anyway, you must kill the god lady after all. She will wrap into Clock City of Sothar Hil to destroy you in near the end of the main quest in Mourhold.

I was replying with almost that exact same answer.. I even had the spoiler warning. But thanks for making me sure because I wan't completely sure if I understood what I read in a guide.

Lord Vivic
03-20-2004, 09:11 AM
So the guards arent with her????........

:::::Lord Vivic stares off in the distance as Almaxia worps to his location,as she walks apon him he turns around rapidly with his Daederic Cresent in his hands and cuts through her like butter:::::

TuffEagle88
03-22-2004, 07:26 PM
ooohhhh!!!! awe!!! the Draederic Cresent huh?
:::awes in wonder and amazement:::

I'm jumping back and forth between the tribunal missions, the main missions, and the guild quests. I'm going to get the Dragonbone Cuiraiss this week, I was looking for it for about 45 minutes yesterday, but I couldn't find the entrance to the grotto. I printed out the map so I should be able to find it without too much trouble. I need to find some other sucky item to donate to the museum so I can get the other part to the sword, but I sure ain't gonna give them the only other item I have besides the dagger the king fave me: the Lord's Mail.

Lord Vivic
03-27-2004, 12:35 PM
:yikes: What other part to what sword??????????

TuffEagle88
03-28-2004, 05:09 PM
:yikes: What other part to what sword??????????

I believe its called Flameblade. Its the legendary blade of the Nevarine. In the Tribunal quests you have to collect the pieces of it and have someone reforge and enchant it. It is supposed to be the cest sword in the game. Alemexdria gives you one piece right away, a guard who becomes your friend will give you his piece and the museum has the last piece, but you have to donate 2 objects to their museum and as of now the only objects I have is an enchanted dagger from the King, the Lord's maill, and today I found the dragonbone cuiraiss, but I'm not giving them my armor so I need to get something else to donate to them. I know where a mace is that I can donate but I have to get enough money to have an enchanter make me a ring to open a 90 lock door, and if I'm gonna go to 90 I might as well just get a 100 one and keep it for the rest of the game. :cool: