PDA

View Full Version : MTX Mototrax

NPYYZ
03-01-2004, 12:48 PM
Well I've been playing the heck out of MX Unleashed and loving it. Now I see that MTX Mototrax comes out on the 3rd. I have seen some screen shots and it looks pretty good. I don't know how it will compare to Unleashed, but I am getting it because it's live enabled. If any of you Motocross fans are getting this one look me up on Live. Gamer tag NPYYZ. I'll post my thoughts on the game after I play for a few hours. Most likely sometime Thursday or friday.

Marc_01
03-02-2004, 07:33 PM
Im interested but just not sure whats up with it.

MX + Live is a good combo, so I look forward to your little review.

NPYYZ
03-03-2004, 03:24 PM
I just got MTX for the Xbox and I have been playing for about 2 hours. This game is much more realistic then unleashed. The game looks and feels very real. Bike physics are nice and of course it's Xbox live enabled. Had I known this game was coming out, I would not have bought umleashed. Unleashed is a very good game but now it will just be collecting dust.

A few comments on Live. I only checked it out for a few races, but here is what I know so far. You can run pratice laps while you wait for the room to fill up. When it is time for the race to start you are nofied that is it going to start, then all the players are sent to the starting line. I thought this was a very nice feature. Also if you join a game in progress you can choose to wait and watch the race, then join in for the next race. Right now I'm in single player career mode. I want to earn some cash to upgrade my bike. This game rocks. I honestly think this is a better MX game then Unleashed. See you on Live Gamer Tag: NPYYZ

YamminPotato
03-04-2004, 05:02 PM
I have to agree, MTX so far seems a much better MX game then mcm or MXU. The realism is what gets me into it.
Will be interesting to see a review from these guys here on it.

Kamshaft
03-05-2004, 09:29 AM
I'll be playing on Live when I get my copy, hopefully soon!
Even if the game is not as nice and cool as MXU, at least it's multiplayer! And will probably have a longer shelf life.