PDA

View Full Version : XBOX games

Nixx
01-10-2002, 12:30 AM
Ok is it just me or are the xbox games so far really lacking in gameplay? I've had almost every single xbox game and only because i had to trade most because they just sucked overall. They all seem underdeveloped, even Halo has some repetitiveness in its level archetecture. Maybe programmers just wet their pants with the xbox cababilities i hope and wanted to just get some quick games started. If the xbox keeps this up the system itself might be traded in next. :( So far i'm disapointed . what happened to the old school programmers who made games like chakan , shinobi, sonic , mario , castlevania's , i mean the side scrollers were way more fun because they relied more with a story too instead of just graphics.I think the xbox games will get better with better developement projects and less rushes, maybe the pencil pushers are rushing the games and not the programmers but either or something has to be done to up the gameplay. They can fool some of us gamers but not all and seeing some of the games today is an insult to game fans everywhere. Even reviews from Egm and Gamepro are somewhat misleading . We gotta take it back all . If the games are any reflection on where we are as people today with are creativity and internal standard view of life its shameful. :(

Hugh_Jass
01-10-2002, 11:55 AM
You think Sonic the Hedgehog has a more compelling story than Munch, Azurik, or Halo?

Chr0nik
01-10-2002, 11:58 AM
So far the only game I have been dissapointed in was F1 2001 racing.

Too many features and challenges to go through before you can race in grand prix mode. Really ****ed me off.

Nixx
01-10-2002, 12:29 PM
I think the games could be better all around , sonic and the others might not be better but their reply value was more than most that i've had for the xbox so far , Halo and amped are the exception but.. halo's level designs i think could have been less repetitive although u don't really notice becuase its other factors make up for it.My opinoin but i wanted to know if any1 else has taken a notice to this.

l Maximus l
01-10-2002, 01:19 PM
Personally, I haven't purchased a game that I don't like. I make sure that I do some thorough research before I go out a blow $50. For instance, I wouldn't take Fuzion Frenzy if it was given to me. But, that's because I hate party games...other people might really enjoy it.

So, with that said, it seems that you may have a specific genre that you prefer...therefore, consider yourself normal :)

Last weekend, my wife and I went over to her close friend's house. Her friend has a boyfriend and he and I started playing some vids. But, to my disappointment, the only console he owns is an N64. We decided to shove in Mario Kart...which was a game that I absolutely loved...and when I played it again, I couldn't believe how horrible it was! In fact, I don't recall the quality of that game to be so horrible! That's because we all have been spoiled by the XBox. Also, as an aside, the N64 controllers felt skinny and tiny for once!

Currently, I own Halo, Amped, PGR, NFL Fever, Oddworld, Azurik, NBA Live, Star Wars Starfighter SE, and Max Payne...and I love them all. The only thing lacking from my library is a solid RPG which I plan on fulfilling with Morrowind next month.

Personally, I can't comprehend the fact that you are disappointed with the XBox...I have never played such an innovative system in the 21 years I have been playing vids. As technology increases, I will be there :D

xBoXGaMeR2002
01-10-2002, 01:43 PM
These are only first-gen games, except greater in the future.

Nixx
01-10-2002, 03:33 PM
Well yeah i'm a little disapointed because i know the games could be better , the xbox itself i know has the potential , to me the games so far seem rushed and incomplete, maybe i'm expecting to much but i think things could be better . I'm giving it time in hopes that the gaming companies will start some diff projects that put more story and substance in the games.The graphics are top notch theres no question but the gameplay imbalances it. I had DOA3, transworld surf, delta storm but traded those just because they really had no replay value to me. I just got blood wake and its ok , i got amped and that game is awesome ,silent hill is alright , nothing spectacular and Halo i'm working on with the legendary difficulty. Halo is an awesome game , the AI is great.I realy hope WWF Raw is better than smackdown was for the PS2 and that theres a better focus on other elements than just graphics and sound.Can't wait for jet set radio and matrix , i think these 2 will be winners but you never know.

manchufu
01-10-2002, 03:47 PM
Well, consider this, PS2 has been out for a year, and just this holiday season did some good games get realeased (GTA3, FFX, MGS2) I hated PS2 for this reason, there were no good games! It took sony a year to get them out, so just sit back, play Max Payne a few times, and wait for GTA3 and MGSX to appear on a videogame shelf near you