PDA

View Full Version : Does driving damage ur xbox?

Ninjermy
03-02-2004, 08:43 AM
my dad just bought a power converter for our van and i am now capable of playing my xbox inside of my van on road trips! i was wondering does all the shaking and bumping damage or cause your xbox to skip at all? the last thing i want is a broken xbox in a 10 hour car ride.

Crazy Joe
03-02-2004, 09:27 AM
i wouldn't think so as long as you aren't off-roading or anything.

Hard Boiled Cop
03-02-2004, 10:05 AM
That is so cool being able to play your xbox inside a car. I wish I had one of those converter thingy.

Duke
03-02-2004, 10:15 AM
I'd think as long as you have it well secured, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Obviously it would be ideal not to bump and shake it, but I used to take mine to work all the time and the roads for the short way there are anything but smooth. Never developed a problem.

Shadow20002
03-02-2004, 10:50 AM
Well, i think is better you play at home.

BananaMan
03-02-2004, 05:20 PM
my parents have a van with the tv and a place for a video game console and i take my xbox everytime we go to florida which is a really long trip and it still works fine.

Ford Mustang
03-02-2004, 05:32 PM
I have one of those converters too. :) I just don't have the screen to play on. :(

And no, a bit of rumbling and shaking shouldn't do any damage. Those parts are in there pretty tightly. And I'm sure the solder on the boards won't break. :)

Ninjermy
03-02-2004, 05:49 PM
ok awesome... thanks alot for all the feedback! im sure to have a blast my next road trip :)

Maxgeek
03-02-2004, 11:08 PM
It is possible for the harddrive to get damaged but its pretty low in this case. Stock harddrive is only 5400rpms and when you play a game off dvd the harddrive doesn't read that much. So you should be fine.

l Maximus l
03-03-2004, 01:45 AM
I recommend turning off your XBox if you're traveling down a bumpy road. Moving parts and bumps are usually not a good combination. The freeway or some country road shouldn't be any problem unless it's plastered with pot holes and what not.

BinaryXtreme
03-03-2004, 02:32 AM
No, although I have fried in dash televisions that were mounted in my car because I had a power problem in which my car wasn't getting enough current from the battery because of my car stereo. If your car is relatively new, and in good shape mechanically, I'd say no. If they start having electrical problems or dash lights dim etc. then I'd advise not using it.

forgivin
03-05-2004, 04:42 PM
I have learned this from experience, Make sure you turn off your Xbox and unplug it from the converter before you turn off the converter or the vehicle. Trust me on this.

SiGuy
03-06-2004, 02:56 PM
Should be fine as long as you don't drive over it. :p Make sure the inverter is big enough to provide sufficient "juice" to your Xbox and whatever type of screen your using.

lotec16
03-06-2004, 10:38 PM
I put my box in a backpack and ride my bike 2 miles to my friends house all the time. I even fell once (heh stupid puddles) and it is still fine and working. Never had a problem with it.

m4oH
03-07-2004, 02:07 PM
Dont worry, I take mine on my bike and in the car (LCD Screen) all the time. Absolutley nothin worng with it except the stupid Thompson drive:cry: :argue1:

MikeMan91389
03-12-2004, 10:19 PM
Yeah, ive used that method 2 times, we just put it inbetween like two pillows, and play for a couple hours, then let it cool down, but with the dreamcast, we left it on for 14 hours packed with pillows and stuff around it, it overheated and hasnt worked since...

and, DONT TURN OFF UR CAR IF U HAVE A TV PLUGGED INTO CIGARETTE LIGHTER AND HAVE TV ON....my friend broke one like that.... then broke the new one they got 11 days later on the trip home.... dropped it on the way out of car LOL... .hasnt had a tv on a road trip/vacation since

Ninjermy
03-12-2004, 11:39 PM
lol... well i used it for the first time. worked fine expect the driver mom turned the car off and on causing it to reset about 3 times in a row... good thing no damage was caused. i just set a pillow on my lap and the xbox on top and gaurded it with my life the entire trip :)