PDA

View Full Version : halo2 or half life2?

halomaster58
03-02-2004, 12:54 PM
I dont know which game will be better, halo2 or half life2? On my opinion halo is my favorite game, but i've got some info on half life2, that its going to be the best game ever. But i think thats a lie, because halo was the best and halo2 will be even better. HALO WILL NEVER DIE!!!!

right back if u got some info on the games.

LynxFX
03-02-2004, 01:22 PM
Even though Half Life is 3 years older than Halo I still think it is the better game. It broke the notion that a FPS can't have an engaging story. There's no doubt that Halo took some hints from Half Life, which is a good thing. Halo's story is also well written. And the vehicals are a huge plus, but there were too many repetitive sections in the game that ruined it for me. There are a couple levels on Halo that I refuse to play again because they are so long and boring. I don't want to walk through the same looking coridor a dozen times. The alien section on Half Life is like that too, not repeating, but not consistent with the quality of the rest of the game.

From what I've seen of Halo2 and Half-Life 2, HL2 wins. The AI is just astounding, add in incredible enemies (big and small), a good story, graphics out the ying yang, and a new physics engine. Halo2 looks to be quite good as well and both will sell like hotcakes. Hopefully neither disappoints because having 2 great games is better than just one. :)

lotec16
03-02-2004, 04:39 PM
well...... on xbox I would say halo 2

on pc i would say half-life 2(even if halo 2 was on pc)

With all the work bungie is putting into optomizing the xbox, hl2 just can't catch up on the box.

Jester927
03-02-2004, 04:51 PM
I think Halo 2.

X-Factor
03-02-2004, 05:06 PM
Halo 2.

SnoochyBoochy
03-02-2004, 08:26 PM
i... don't... know... I JUST DON'T KNOW!
OH GOD!

LiquidX
03-02-2004, 08:30 PM
Personally I think Halo 2 will be better... The first Half-Life really wasn't that great of a game IMO... I didnt like going around by meyself all the time... sure you had the security guards but thats nothing like the marines... Also, I think the story line of Halo 2 will be much better. Just my opinion.

Koopa
03-02-2004, 08:36 PM
reminder: XBA has a poll function when making new threads;)

oh and hl2...ive explained why enough times, but if you dont rememberwhat i said, just read what lynx said:D

l Maximus l
03-02-2004, 09:14 PM
Halo 2, hands down.

I believe that the Campaign on both games will be very even from an enjoyment standpoint, but, Halo 2's multi-player is going to smoke Half Life 2.

I may eat those words, but, that's my prediction as of right now. There's still a lot of time left until we see either one of those games.

I'm far more stoked for Halo 2...it's not even funny.

By the way, welcome to XBA! Also, if you're interested, there is a Halo 2 forum on this site...just go to the main forum page and scroll down...there's a lot of Halo 2 psychos posting in there...I'm one of them :D

OC Noob
03-02-2004, 09:15 PM
I agree that HL2 will be better.

HL1 was and still is the best FPS ever made. I'm sure a lot more people on this forum were around for Halo's prime vs HL1's prime. Not to mention everyone here has an Xbox, probably more then 50% didn't have a decent gaming PC when HL1 was in its prime.

HL had a better story, better game play and did it with MUCH less to work with.

Halo was a great game. Good story, fun gameplay and cool gfx, but it was typical repetative PC FPS stuff. It was a huge jump in console FPSers, but for PC gamers it wasn't nearly as ground breaking. Still a great game on PC, but not the best.

Halo 2 should be way better then Halo, but if HL2 delivers on the gfx, physics (we've seen from the movies and read about) and the game play from HL1 it will be the best game we've seen since... HL1;)

skorp
03-02-2004, 10:02 PM
Its hard to choose...

But I'll enjoy both when they finally come out!

Oh and that game that supposedly going to be a Halo killer (Killzone) doesnt look as impressive on the new gametrailers....

and 1 game that reminds me of Half-Life2 (game play vids) is Painkiller... I enjoyed the Painkiller Demo... Wished it was longer though....

colosso
03-02-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by LynxFX-XBA
Even though Half Life is 3 years older than Halo I still think it is the better game. It broke the notion that a FPS can't have an engaging story. There's no doubt that Halo took some hints from Half Life, which is a good thing. Halo's story is also well written. And the vehicals are a huge plus, but there were too many repetitive sections in the game that ruined it for me. There are a couple levels on Halo that I refuse to play again because they are so long and boring. I don't want to walk through the same looking coridor a dozen times. The alien section on Half Life is like that too, not repeating, but not consistent with the quality of the rest of the game.

From what I've seen of Halo2 and Half-Life 2, HL2 wins. The AI is just astounding, add in incredible enemies (big and small), a good story, graphics out the ying yang, and a new physics engine. Halo2 looks to be quite good as well and both will sell like hotcakes. Hopefully neither disappoints because having 2 great games is better than just one. :) half life has a engaging story,but halo has better AI,better graphics and sound,vehicles,etc that gave goty awards to halo in 2001,besides halo was rushed,because microsoft did need a tittle with the potencial like halo to boost up sales on their console at launch day.half life wishes the AI halo has just like golden eye.i personally love both games,but halo took fps fans to the next level and that is why now you see many video game companies trying to create the ultimate fps game to beat or compete against xbox precious jewel .

LynxFX
03-02-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by colosso
half life has a engaging story,but halo has better AI,better graphics and sound,vehicles,etc that gave goty awards to halo in 2001,besides halo was rushed,because microsoft did need a tittle with the potencial like halo to boost up sales on their console at launch day.half life wishes the AI halo has just like golden eye.i personally love both games,but halo took fps fans to the next level and that is why now you see many video game companies trying to create the ultimate fps game to beat or compete against xbox precious jewel .
It is a bit unfair to compare a games graphics made in 1998 to a game made in 2001 wouldn't you think? As for 2001 GOTY, that really doesn't matter either as Half-Life got over 50 GOTY awards in its time.

Half Life really did pave the way for Halo, and they improved upon that road.

From what I've seen of both (more Half Life 2 compared to Halo 2) they are taking it to a higher level than what I've seen of Halo 2. The AI, the levels, the story, the graphics, it is all there. It should be an interesting year for games this fall.

Halo 2's multi-player is going to smoke Half Life 2
That's a bit of a bold statement as 6 years after HL was released it is still the #1 online FPS game played in the world. *this is including the mods*

Halo's online play is still a niche on Xbox and on the PC it isn't talked about much. Bungie, IMO, still has to prove that they can make a good online game which I'm sure they can, but that doesn't take away the 6 years of proof from Valve. :)

And I have always been just comparing Half Life and HL2 on the PC while Halo on the Xbox. I have no interest for HL2 on Xbox. :)

colosso
03-03-2004, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by LynxFX-XBA

It is a bit unfair to compare a games graphics made in 1998 to a game made in 2001 wouldn't you think? As for 2001 GOTY, that really doesn't matter either as Half-Life got over 50 GOTY awards in its time.

Half Life really did pave the way for Halo, and they improved upon that road.

From what I've seen of both (more Half Life 2 compared to Halo 2) they are taking it to a higher level than what I've seen of Halo 2. The AI, the levels, the story, the graphics, it is all there. It should be an interesting year for games this fall.

That's a bit of a bold statement as 6 years after HL was released it is still the #1 online FPS game played in the world. *this is including the mods*

Halo's online play is still a niche on Xbox and on the PC it isn't talked about much. Bungie, IMO, still has to prove that they can make a good online game which I'm sure they can, but that doesn't take away the 6 years of proof from Valve. :)

And I have always been just comparing Half Life and HL2 on the PC while Halo on the Xbox. I have no interest for HL2 on Xbox. :) so far,halo 2 is the most anticipated game of 2004

LynxFX
03-03-2004, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by colosso
so far,halo 2 is the most anticipated game of 2004
According to who? If you mean solely Xbox game then I agree.

BinaryXtreme
03-03-2004, 02:34 AM
Don't know man. They both are probably going to be really sweet. Start saving and get both.