PDA

View Full Version : True Fantasy Live Online Delayed....till 2005

prakeem
03-02-2004, 08:18 PM
Just what the Xbox needs, another delay! Meh, delays are all too common these days, maybe this thread wasn't needed :eek:

source (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/496/496041p1.html)

Not sure if this has already been posted....

Variation-XBA
03-02-2004, 09:26 PM
Well, it is a MMO and beta hasnt even started yet... takes alot longer to make a successful MMO

l Maximus l
03-02-2004, 09:29 PM
Honestly, I would hold off until XBox 2...I think it would be smart of MS to do that...and make TFO totally insane!!

Madhattr
03-02-2004, 09:56 PM
Damn I was anticipating this one, ohwell I guess I will just have to wait! :(

Trento52
03-02-2004, 10:58 PM
Actually if they had this a lets say a launch title for the xbox 2 it would be a very solid game and console seller in my opinion. Also would help in japan because wasn't there a japanese poll and quite a few were interested in TFLO. But then again depends on when teh console is released but if it is a few months away from console launch i think tehy should wait IMO.

Yankeez
03-03-2004, 01:27 AM
oooo god whyyyyyyyyy :cry:, man that sucks, there no point of releasing it in 2005 when xbox 2 is comin out just soon after, ah well plenty of other of games to play....i guess :(

X-Factor
03-03-2004, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by Yankeez-XBA
oooo god whyyyyyyyyy :cry:, man that sucks, there no point of releasing it in 2005 when xbox 2 is comin out just soon after, ah well plenty of other of games to play....i guess :( I don't think Xbox Next will launch till early 2006, so releasing TFLO next year wouldn't be that bad- especially considering the last year of a console's life usually is lacking a huge amount of uber good titles.

ScottTheKilla
03-04-2004, 06:48 PM
Im starting to think that alot of these 2004 killer xbox games are just going to be released on xbox 2 instead.

Crazy Joe
03-04-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by ScottTheKilla
Im starting to think that alot of these 2004 killer xbox games are just going to be released on xbox 2 instead.

................. what games are you talking about......... halo 2? doom 3? fable?

all these games will be on Xbox.

Slacker
03-04-2004, 11:48 PM
I hope it does come out in 2005 , The last year of a console is dull for the most part , I will want a good game in the last year

dances with broom sticks
03-05-2004, 02:21 AM

That would suck. Especially since most of them have been hyped since pre-xbox launch

SmileBit
03-05-2004, 08:25 AM
If MS was smart theyd save this game for an early XBox 2 launch title. MMORPGS can be played for years. Why release it on a console that has a year to live?

If they did start developing it for XBox 2 it would be one ugly launch title though. You dont build an entire game, port it over to a much more powerful console and have it look good.

CMX Jedi
03-05-2004, 10:51 AM
i was waiting for this one
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!*dies*

ScottTheKilla
03-05-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Crazy Joe

................. what games are you talking about......... halo 2? doom 3? fable?

all these games will be on Xbox.

I really hope youre right but it just seems unlikely from a marketing viewpoint that they will release all of these games a few months before xbox 2 launches. Thats if xbox 2 really does launch in 2005 anyway which again I hope doesnt happen.

Duke
03-05-2004, 11:14 AM

I really hope youre right but it just seems unlikely from a marketing viewpoint that they will release all of these games a few months before xbox 2 launches. Thats if xbox 2 really does launch in 2005 anyway which again I hope doesnt happen.

If anything, I doubt the nextbox will launch before Q4 2005 anyway, which gives them more than a few months. And if in '06, then even more time.

I think it's a good idea to go out strong anyway. People will still buy games until just before the launch (and plenty won't get the new system immediately)

The more goodwill towards the current xbox will only help sales for the next-gen.

AlphaCigara
03-05-2004, 03:09 PM
all i have to say about delays is that IMO, they're ok. sure, no one likes to wait for a game to come out, but see how good tecmo did on ninja gaiden? i've only played it for about 3 hours and can honestly say it's the best game i've played in months. also, its been continually delayed since at least november 2003, but now that its out, you can tell that tecmo was fully satisfied with their product.

The Executioner
03-19-2004, 10:34 PM
Dude that isn't cool.