PDA

View Full Version : The Ninja Gaiden help thread/Discussion (**Spoilers**)

Pages : [1] 2

Sigma
03-02-2004, 08:28 PM
Seeing as Ninja Gaiden is a fairly difficult game I thought I would make this help thread.

Now my question is how the hell do I kill those red (dinosaur) fiends in Chapter 5 its the first time you actually have to battle them. They just toss me around like a ragdoll after about 2 minutes of me running, blocking, and slashing. If anyone knows a trick to defeating these fiends please tell.

btw, Has anyone gotten Master Ninja ranking yet? I got it on Chapter 3.

Variation-XBA
03-02-2004, 09:25 PM
Not out till the 4th here :( Stupid customs

l Maximus l
03-02-2004, 09:30 PM
Damn...it's out today? I thought it came out tomorrow?! (Today is March 2nd)

skorp
03-02-2004, 09:48 PM
Getting ours on the 6th of this month.... 3 more days!

Max I like your sig.... thats awesome!:D

Shadow20002
03-02-2004, 09:50 PM
Hmm...still working now...must get my check to buy NG...next week...

Lucifer_Hawk
03-02-2004, 10:20 PM
im heading out to buy my copy tomorrow so maybe I can get back to you when I get that far if you havn't beaten it already.

studepaber
03-02-2004, 10:29 PM
Question:

I'm at the boss at chapter 3 and he keeps fryin me with that gun, when I get up close he just beats the livin crap outta me and/or grabs me. I've tried to time hitting him while he's reloading but still no luck. Any suggestions???????? BTW this game is the complete BOMB! Camera was pi$$in me off a little first but once you get the hang of it, ohhhh the carnage!

Unreal
03-02-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Variation
Not out till the 4th here :( Stupid customs

Sigma
03-03-2004, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by studepaber
Question:

I'm at the boss at chapter 3 and he keeps fryin me with that gun, when I get up close he just beats the livin crap outta me and/or grabs me. I've tried to time hitting him while he's reloading but still no luck. Any suggestions???????? BTW this game is the complete BOMB! Camera was pi$$in me off a little first but once you get the hang of it, ohhhh the carnage!
I beat him by running around him while he shots the beams then when he recharges I slashed him quickly then jumped away. I continued to do this, but watch out for his beam when he gets weaker because he will pause for a slight second then direct his fire the other direction so be ready to run the other away.

btw, I beat Chapter 5 it took awhile, but I did it. So I no longer need help there.

studepaber
03-03-2004, 10:30 AM
Thanks Sigma, I beat that boss last night basically doing the same thing you advised. On level 4 now getting the crap beat outta me by those black ninjas. Any advice on dealing with those relentlless guys?

JJaX
03-03-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Sigma
Seeing as Ninja Gaiden is a fairly difficult game I thought I would make this help thread.

Now my question is how the hell do I kill those red (dinosaur) fiends in Chapter 5 its the first time you actually have to battle them. They just toss me around like a ragdoll after about 2 minutes of me running, blocking, and slashing. If anyone knows a trick to defeating these fiends please tell.

When the first fiend charges you, do the "HOLD Y" attack. Than hi him with three X attacks. Than use your Fireball attack (the one you buy) That should kill him.

Than leap away and hold Y again to absorb those orbs and unleash an ultimate attack in the next one. Than hit him with the fire ball attack. That should kill him.

Than pause it, use your devil things to refill your magic attacks. Leap away, do another ultimate attack and fireball combo.

Thats the easy part ;)

For those that dont know, and ultimate attack is when you hold Y. you abosorb two orbs and lounge at them and perform a crazy combo. (not sure if you have to keep pressing X after the intial lunge, but i do anyways)

Sigma
03-03-2004, 12:15 PM
Thanks Sigma, I beat that boss last night basically doing the same thing you advised. On level 4 now getting the crap beat outta me by those black ninjas. Any advice on dealing with those relentlless guys?
Block and counter attack works best.

JJax, Thanks, but I already beat Chapter 5. What I did is ran up the wall and continued to come down and slash the fiends with my sword.

JJaX
03-03-2004, 12:16 PM

Play the ninjas with good defense. Only attack with counter attacks. Trying to hit them with ultimate attackes leaves you open to exploding shurikens.

Also, roll away from exploding shurikens when they are in a wall or on the ground next to youi.

studepaber
03-03-2004, 01:08 PM
Thanks you guys for the suggestions, will try tonight when I get home from work.....

Ok this may be a stupid question but oh well, after absorbing the essenses around you (by holding Y), you perofrm the ultimate attack (multiple hitting) by releasing the Y button when enemies are close, right? If you release Y and don't hit anyone is that attack wasted then? Also do you have to be facing the enemies when performing the ultimate attack or does the attack home in on the closest enemy???

What chapters are you guys on now, BTW?

PoetSaskia
03-03-2004, 02:06 PM
I thought there was supposed to be a save point before the first boss, but my game didn't save. How do you save the game? The boss is killing me badly.

JJaX
03-03-2004, 02:09 PM
Thanks you guys for the suggestions, will try tonight when I get home from work.....

Ok this may be a stupid question but oh well, after absorbing the essenses around you (by holding Y), you perofrm the ultimate attack (multiple hitting) by releasing the Y button when enemies are close, right? If you release Y and don't hit anyone is that attack wasted then? Also do you have to be facing the enemies when performing the ultimate attack or does the attack home in on the closest enemy???

What chapters are you guys on now, BTW?

I tend to push my left analog in the direction of the enemy i want to unleash the attack on.

If you absorb 1 orb, you do a super slash thigy.

You absorb 2 you will do an "ultimate combo" thingy.

If you miss, yes its wasted, but if you score a kill you get more essense.

Hope this helps

Sigma
03-03-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by PoetSaskia
I thought there was supposed to be a save point before the first boss, but my game didn't save. How do you save the game? The boss is killing me badly.
The save point is next to the stair case that leads to the bridge where you use the key and fight 2 white ninjas.

thatdude222
03-03-2004, 03:26 PM
hows ninja gaiden? is it good? gamespy review said it was really hard. i hate hard games (i suck at them lol) jk but some games can be a pain in the ass.

Chaotic
03-03-2004, 03:33 PM
This should be in the GD forum. ;)

Kortiz
03-03-2004, 03:34 PM
should just be deleted, this thread would be one of many in the GD forum.

Sigma
03-03-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by thatdude222
hows ninja gaiden? is it good? gamespy review said it was really hard. i hate hard games (i suck at them lol) jk but some games can be a pain in the ass.
Its hard, but it is not hard enough to the point that you just want to throw the controller. I haven't had much trouble with difficulty other then a couple of spots, but I figured it out and didn't have any problem with retrying anything because the game is just that good.

JJaX
03-03-2004, 04:30 PM
Mods might want to throw a spoilers tag on this thread...

Anyways...

Im stuck now. Im at the part where you have to enter a lock code to open a safe. You'll know what im talking about if you have reached this point...

I tried muliple combinations with the hints givin from the journal on the desk.

themoosearmy
03-03-2004, 04:35 PM

Master ninja one the first 4 chapters so far dude. Working on chapter 5 right now.

themoosearmy
03-03-2004, 04:49 PM

Its hard, but it is not hard enough to the point that you just want to throw the controller. I haven't had much trouble with difficulty other then a couple of spots, but I figured it out and didn't have any problem with retrying anything because the game is just that good.

First off (to the thread maker), if you are a casual gamer, this is not a game for you. NG is hard, its one of the hardest game sI've played but its challenging hard, not so hard its not fun, because i wish all game developers would make clever AI, and tough bosses. You wanna block? ok, we'll grab you a slit your throat!

If you are looking for a game that is hard, yet fun, with some gorgeous graphics, pick this up, you have to buy it, renting won't cut it.

blackiee2002
03-03-2004, 04:52 PM
Is it just me or is it the Cauasl gamers. when i beat the demo the first time i had Greater Ninja without putting a lot of effort in it. yet i hear peeps, game reiviews rattling about it being difficult?

What did you guys get on your rating when you finished? and do you agree with me?

JJaX
03-03-2004, 05:17 PM
Play the full version yet? :rolleyes:

OK

JJaX
03-03-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by themoosearmy

Master ninja one the first 4 chapters so far dude. Working on chapter 5 right now.

This is for you (http://www.yourethemannowdog.com/)

thatdude222
03-03-2004, 05:26 PM
kewl ill pick it up

blackiee2002
03-03-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
Play the full version yet? :rolleyes:

OK :o

Are you kidding me, i pre ordered that sucka :) it is a beauty i might add. simply a work of art go TEAM NINJA

Trento52
03-03-2004, 06:14 PM
it was fun and i loved the flailing nun chucks thins but it wasn't hard but i died on teh last "boss" but i was getting bored and just button mashed. Also the enemies were only humans and from screen shots there are big muscled monsters with claws, teeth, etc.

Brevity
03-03-2004, 06:17 PM
Just picked it up, cant wait to play it. :p

batman46st
03-03-2004, 07:09 PM
everywhere i go the game is sold out i go here sold out ******!!!!!!!! i wanna play i dont even have the damn demo

Shadow20002
03-03-2004, 07:15 PM
Hmm.. are there Hard mode ??

Shadow20002
03-03-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by batman46st
everywhere i go the game is sold out i go here sold out ******!!!!!!!! i wanna play i dont even have the damn demo

Hmmm...i was running three stores with friends just now, not even a trace of Ninja Gaiden. *sight*

Well, must be better to wait until Friday or so.

JJaX
03-03-2004, 07:19 PM
Why make a thread about the demo when you own the damn game? :huh:

Im so confused...

And yes shadow, there is a HARD mode .

alistein
03-03-2004, 07:31 PM
I agree the demo was easy but the game isn't .Right now I am on chapter 3. The demo pretty much gave you a whole lot to begin with but the main game doesn't and there isn't a gimmick to defeating the bosses as they keep changing. You need to sheck other sites like xbox365 to see just how hard it is.

alistein
03-03-2004, 07:40 PM
I have to agre this game is real hard. I have been playing it for a while now on Normal and finally reached the chapter 3 boss. It's a real fun game for anyone who has an xbox. It is certainly a game that makes you feel good to have an xbox. Definitely worth the money and wait.

JJaX
03-03-2004, 08:56 PM
Well it appears noones reached where Im at, or maybe they just dont feel like telling me. But anyways this is where im stuck, maybe for those that dont have the game can help as well..

The hints are:

"27th day of the 12th month"
"Left, right, right, left"

And theres this number dial, 0-9

So I assumed the combo was 1227 or 2712 or something like that.

Ive turned Left to get to 1, than right to get to 2, than continuted right to the 2 again, than back to 7. And ive tried this with 2712 as well.

Ive even reversed it, and did right, left, left, right.

Ive even gotten to each number than back to 0respectivly in the l, r, r, l sequence as well.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cuss:

Sigma
03-03-2004, 09:27 PM
Well it appears noones reached where Im at, or maybe they just dont feel like telling me. But anyways this is where im stuck, maybe for those that dont have the game can help as well..

The hints are:

"27th day of the 12th month"
"Left, right, right, left"

And theres this number dial, 0-9

So I assumed the combo was 1227 or 2712 or something like that.

Ive turned Left to get to 1, than right to get to 2, than continuted right to the 2 again, than back to 7. And ive tried this with 2712 as well.

Ive even reversed it, and did right, left, left, right.

Ive even gotten to each number than back to 0respectivly in the l, r, r, l sequence as well.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cuss:
The combo is 2-left, 7-right, 1-right, 2-left. If I remember correctly that is the combo. and by 2 left, 7 right, etc. It means move the dial over that far by going either right or left. Also note that you want to do each one seperately. It took me awhile to figure it out myself.

JJaX
03-03-2004, 10:52 PM
You know what, I am a moron :p

I had the sequence right, i just thought i had to press X after all the numbers, not at each number!

DuH!

Anyways, I recommend upgrading your katana to level 2. You get an amazing opening attack. ( Jump towards an enemy and press Y) Definitely worth the 3000 essence points!

NG owns you

themoosearmy
03-03-2004, 11:05 PM
This is for you

Thanks bro, I only got head ninja on chapter 5 it took me too damn long to beat it. At the very end of chapter 6, but its too late to concentrate. I'm just glad i finally got my vigoorian flail lv 2 back.

themoosearmy
03-03-2004, 11:07 PM
The game is not easy at all (until you learn your counters and combos), btw, it goes greater ninja->head ninja-> master ninja, i got head ninja on hard and master ninja on normal. A max combo of 139.

themoosearmy
03-03-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by alistein
I have to agre this game is real hard. I have been playing it for a while now on Normal and finally reached the chapter 3 boss. It's a real fun game for anyone who has an xbox. It is certainly a game that makes you feel good to have an xbox. Definitely worth the money and wait.

This is the first xbox game that i've actually cursed out my enemies...the computer ones. I'll beat an ultra hard boss and scream "thats right you *****es! you don't want none of this!" and then jump around and scream a lot. Every accomplisment is fulfilling, and eveyr enemy is a new challenge.

silvalord
03-03-2004, 11:35 PM
Im sorry but how do i throw the fireball and whats the ebst way to beat the main guy on the horse in the village on chapter 2 on the bridge

themoosearmy
03-03-2004, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by silvalord
Im sorry but how do i throw the fireball and whats the ebst way to beat the main guy on the horse in the village on chapter 2 on the bridge
Just a tip, if you're going for a good chapter rating, (master,head,greater), then don't use ninpo, the game gives you more points if you don't use it. It's not necessary, on chapter 6, haven't used it yet...

Anyways, the horse guy isn't that hard. Take care of all the extra guys first, they eventually disappear. Then wait for the horse to come riding at you. Stand blocking facing him, dodge to the side and get behind him, slash away! He took me a few tries until i saw that his helpers disappear, but if you face anything one on one, you should have no problems beating them. Another technique is to charge your sword holding Y, blast through and then slash him, but I used the first and got master ninja for the chapter.

l Maximus l
03-04-2004, 12:43 AM
I haven't picked this up yet...definately this weekend... and, by the sounds of it, this may be tough to find at first :watchout:

CarGuy
03-04-2004, 06:42 AM
How do you beat the first boss?? I didn't realize you can counter attack either, how?

DOOM
03-04-2004, 07:28 AM
I Have To Say, One Of The Best Games I Have Ever Played...
I Must Have Sold Over 100 Pieces Yesterday @ My Shop... People Saw Me Playing the Game & Were Blown Away!!!
Me & My Friends Played Till Like 5 In The AM...
Awesome Control, Beautiful Graphics, Sick Story, & Just Enough Challenge...
Way To Go TEMCO...
I LOVE THIS GAME!!!
Buy it Now,
Later...

:cheers:

Chaotic
03-04-2004, 07:33 AM
I'll have to agree with this, it's a pretty amazing game.

Brevity
03-04-2004, 07:39 AM
I concur;)

Chaotic
03-04-2004, 07:44 AM
Good idea JJAX alread im pissed i read some of it :cuss:

Ninjermy
03-04-2004, 08:33 AM
cant wait to pick up my copy... hopefully tomorrow after school. im so exicted :D :D :D :D

JJaX
03-04-2004, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by CarGuy
How do you beat the first boss?? I didn't realize you can counter attack either, how?

Hit and run, when you lock up with him, press X rapidly to push him off and hit him with a combo.

Repeat

mattgame
03-04-2004, 09:08 AM
Isn't great when you don't have one set formula for progressing in the game? I have read so many different ways to get rid of those damn Fiends and Bosses. I haven't been able to get into it yet but I did beat the first boss relatively easy. I can't wait to get where you guys are. Keep up the good work fellow ninjas.:cheers:

JJaX
03-04-2004, 09:10 AM

Just a tip, if you're going for a good chapter rating, (master,head,greater), then don't use ninpo, the game gives you more points if you don't use it. It's not necessary, on chapter 6, haven't used it yet...

Honestly, who gives a F about chapter ratings?

Just play the damn game any way you want to play it.

And the game calculates how much ninpo you have left at the end of the map. It doesnt track how many times you used it...

mattgame
03-04-2004, 09:15 AM
So what's the order of ratings anyway? Is it Master, Greater, Head or what?

JJaX
03-04-2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by t_howell
So what's the order of ratings anyway? Is it Master, Greater, Head or what?

No clue, all ive gotten is master ninja and greater ninja.

mattgame
03-04-2004, 09:19 AM
No it's not easy. It's not terribly hard either. What it is is challenging.

mattgame
03-04-2004, 09:24 AM

No clue, all ive gotten is master ninja and greater ninja.

I never got Master damn. I'll step it up. Thanks.:cheers:

JJaX
03-04-2004, 09:27 AM

I never got Master damn. I'll step it up. Thanks.:cheers:

Dont bother, just play the game the way you want to play.

I always hated ratings in games, like panzer dragoon for example.

silvalord
03-04-2004, 09:42 AM
how do i use nimpo

Chaotic
03-04-2004, 10:27 AM
Guys i merged all the ninja gaiden threads together because there is no need for 6 threads on basically the same thing :)

mattgame
03-04-2004, 10:47 AM
Yeah that was getting a bit tedious. Thanks.:)

JJaX
03-04-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by silvalord
how do i use nimpo

Read the manual

mattgame
03-04-2004, 03:46 PM
:rofl:

Damn JJax that was cold!

Sigma
03-04-2004, 04:49 PM
Does anyone know how to beat the female fiend that looks like a demon on Chapter 7?

EDIT: I beat it already.

BlindSniper
03-04-2004, 05:41 PM
Damn, this game just keeps getting better and better. And by that I mean my Jaw dropping at some of the bosses and such. But anyways, I'm just wondering how hard the game really gets? I have just been playing a little and am at the crazy dude on the horse in my village place. Any tips on beating him? I tried shooting him with arrows, worked relatively well but is hard to do with the guys around. Are there an infinite amount of those mage guys? Can someone just answer my questions please:
1. How hard does the game get in comparison to the first 2 chapters?
2. Tips on defeating second boss on horse.
3. Any other things I should know that will help me beat the game.
4. Oh yeah, and I noticed the nun chuck dude or the first boss was able to grab and stuff. How does he do this? can somebody give me the moist effective way to fight enemies? and those shurikens suck!

I'm not one with the single adventure type games having to figure out what to do. I get to frustrated, I'm more of a hack em up style right away guy. So just answer my questions please!

JJaX
03-04-2004, 05:44 PM
If you are getting you ass kicked often, you are playing the game wrong.

Learn to use ultimate attacks!

Sigma
03-04-2004, 07:27 PM
Anyone have any tips for beating the tank boss in Chapter 9?

BlindSniper
03-04-2004, 08:09 PM
hehe, I just have no patience. Whenever I die three times I ask you guys. But I figured it out, and beat him. I also beat chapter 3, the big ugly guy. *tips* if anyone wants to know, all you have to do is run at him, do a swift slash with x, jump out of the way. He then tries to hit you, but hes really slow so he'll miss, hit him again and keep doing this, keeping in mind to dodge his gunfire.

l Maximus l
03-04-2004, 08:48 PM
NG is sweet so far...I just picked it up...beat the first level without any problem (since I had much practice with the demo)...and now I'm at the second boss...the one on the horse. I only have one spiritual elixer...I think I screwed up...I should have more of a stock.

How do I use the fireball? I literally just got this game...so, I'm still in learning mode. :)

BlindSniper
03-04-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Maximus SYN
NG is sweet so far...I just picked it up...beat the first level without any problem (since I had much practice with the demo)...and now I'm at the second boss...the one on the horse. I only have one spiritual elixer...I think I screwed up...I should have more of a stock.

How do I use the fireball? I literally just got this game...so, I'm still in learning mode. :)

repeatively press Y and B at the same time. Now whatever you hit lights on fire :) and also, to beat this boss I recommend getting in a corner and using all the arrows you can against him, and shopoting the mages as well......then slash em upo and you should be fine. I had a hard time with this guy, took me like 4 elexirs :S

Sigma
03-04-2004, 10:01 PM

I beat the second boss by fighting off the mages and blocking the bosses attacks when he came around then as soon as he left I attacked him from behind. With this game blocking is your best friend.

skorp
03-05-2004, 12:12 AM
just... one... more.... day.... and this game will be mine!

:watchout:

themoosearmy
03-05-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by BlindSniper
Damn, this game just keeps getting better and better. And by that I mean my Jaw dropping at some of the bosses and such. But anyways, I'm just wondering how hard the game really gets? I have just been playing a little and am at the crazy dude on the horse in my village place. Any tips on beating him? I tried shooting him with arrows, worked relatively well but is hard to do with the guys around. Are there an infinite amount of those mage guys? Can someone just answer my questions please:
1. How hard does the game get in comparison to the first 2 chapters?
2. Tips on defeating second boss on horse.
3. Any other things I should know that will help me beat the game.
4. Oh yeah, and I noticed the nun chuck dude or the first boss was able to grab and stuff. How does he do this? can somebody give me the moist effective way to fight enemies? and those shurikens suck!

I'm not one with the single adventure type games having to figure out what to do. I get to frustrated, I'm more of a hack em up style right away guy. So just answer my questions please!
1. The game gets progressively harder as you go, save points get further apart depending on the level.

2. Read some of the above posts in the thread, its here.

3. If you want to beat the game effectively, you have to know what all of your combos are and when to use them. Some of the enemies will block, this is where you need a strong combo, other enemies hit quickly, this is where you need block-> counter attack

4. You can't grab, its something the AI does to stop you from blocking so much, every enemy has different ways of doing this so watch out! And those shurikens don't suck if you use them right, good combo boosters.

Ratings
The rating system is Head->Greater->Master, and yes I care about what rating I get because this game tests skill and speed, I want to try and do well in the tournament (or at least make some showing), so I've been trying for big combos and fast completetion times. This is practice for the downloadable stuff.Hit the white button, it shows how many points you're racking up.

And sigma, damn you, i had to work all day today and then had to go to my bros basketball game so I didn't get to play today, i'll be at chap 9 tomorrow.

Sigma
03-05-2004, 06:02 AM

1. The game gets progressively harder as you go, save points get further apart depending on the level.

2. Read some of the above posts in the thread, its here.

3. If you want to beat the game effectively, you have to know what all of your combos are and when to use them. Some of the enemies will block, this is where you need a strong combo, other enemies hit quickly, this is where you need block-> counter attack

4. You can't grab, its something the AI does to stop you from blocking so much, every enemy has different ways of doing this so watch out! And those shurikens don't suck if you use them right, good combo boosters.

Ratings
The rating system is Head->Greater->Master, and yes I care about what rating I get because this game tests skill and speed, I want to try and do well in the tournament (or at least make some showing), so I've been trying for big combos and fast completetion times. This is practice for the downloadable stuff.Hit the white button, it shows how many points you're racking up.

And sigma, damn you, i had to work all day today and then had to go to my bros basketball game so I didn't get to play today, i'll be at chap 9 tomorrow.
There is also apparently special rankings you can get. I got "Ninja Dog" the other day and you also forgot to mention the rank of "Lesser Ninja."

mattgame
03-05-2004, 09:29 AM

I finally got into it last night. I got up to level three so far. I beat the horse boss by holding Y and unleashing these awesome attacks. I didn't even focus on the ghost guys. I just kept my distance from them and attacked them only when they were close. On the last charge up attack(holding Y and then releasing) I beat the boss with a wicked combo that happened so fast I didn't even release what happened until the guy was screaming on the ground. When you use Y attacks in that fashion you draw in the essence of your defeated foes and your attacks become more powerful and furious. Hope it helps. :cheers:

themoosearmy
03-05-2004, 03:38 PM

There is also apparently special rankings you can get. I got "Ninja Dog" the other day and you also forgot to mention the rank of "Lesser Ninja."

Didn't know about lesser ninja, not that scrubbish, lol. Ninja Dog? Cool, I'll have to try extra hard for that one. Now trying to defeat the dudes with m60s, grenades, and rocket launchers! Almost done with chapter 8 tho.

AloneInTheDark
03-05-2004, 10:26 PM
Wow, this game is amazing. I get so fustrated, but just keep on playing. Anyways, I usually wouldnt ask for help, but I came across a stall in my progression. I'm in the City Infaltration level (right after the aircraft) and I found the first piece of the tablet. After that I just wonder around, keep finding new things that don't lead anywhere. (I.E. Big wooden doors, big open rooms, and wires to move across. And I can't stand no save points..how many are here?

Anyways, so anyone have any idea what my objective is??!

JJaX
03-06-2004, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by AloneInTheDark
Wow, this game is amazing. I get so fustrated, but just keep on playing. Anyways, I usually wouldnt ask for help, but I came across a stall in my progression. I'm in the City Infaltration level (right after the aircraft) and I found the first piece of the tablet. After that I just wonder around, keep finding new things that don't lead anywhere. (I.E. Big wooden doors, big open rooms, and wires to move across. And I can't stand no save points..how many are here?

You have to go to the bar...

Forget the name of it. But a bouncer will tell you that you need a ticket.

l Maximus l
03-06-2004, 01:04 AM

I finally got into it last night. I got up to level three so far. I beat the horse boss by holding Y and unleashing these awesome attacks. I didn't even focus on the ghost guys. I just kept my distance from them and attacked them only when they were close. On the last charge up attack(holding Y and then releasing) I beat the boss with a wicked combo that happened so fast I didn't even release what happened until the guy was screaming on the ground. When you use Y attacks in that fashion you draw in the essence of your defeated foes and your attacks become more powerful and furious. Hope it helps. :cheers:

Thanks for the tips, t_howell...the funny thing is, right after I made my post, I got back on and smoked the horse dude into oblivian :D I even had all my health... I just kept smoking the other dudes, and got more health when I was getting low....the Ultimate Attacks are so key against bosses!

Next, I smoked through the 3rd level...the dude with the guns on top of the ship was weak as hell...I easily killed him. Now, I'm on stage 4...I got to the bar and then I had to stop playing...so, I'm there right now ready to kick some more ass!!!

l Maximus l
03-06-2004, 01:06 AM

Exactly what JJaX said...just look for a green neon sign...you'll see it. Also, don't forget to "follow the blue light"...look up :)

l Maximus l
03-06-2004, 04:58 AM
Okay...now I'm at stage 5....but, I'm curious, what do I do with the doors that have the cracks in it that have the yellow or blue glow in them? Do they have to do with the armlets? If so, how?

Kinda stuck......

AloneInTheDark
03-06-2004, 10:14 AM
Grr..I'm following the blue light, but I can't find where to go. Maybe this will help, I just found the Nunchaku. Also, am right next to a store, where do I go from here?!

Sigma
03-06-2004, 11:07 AM

You have to go to the bar...

Forget the name of it. But a bouncer will tell you that you need a ticket.
The bar is called "Han's Bar" and when you get there read the flyer on the right side of the bar and it will tell you how to get the ticket.

themoosearmy
03-06-2004, 11:49 AM
Okay...now I'm at stage 5....but, I'm curious, what do I do with the doors that have the cracks in it that have the yellow or blue glow in them? Do they have to do with the armlets? If so, how?

Kinda stuck......

You won't be able to get through those doors until you get incendiary shurikens or the warhammer, don't worry about these until chapter 7 or so.

P.S. Someone posted about the tank boss: use the ASFDS Core(sp?) arrows against it, but there are two, and then a huge chopper so be prepared.

themoosearmy
03-06-2004, 11:51 AM

The bar is called "Han's Bar" and when you get there read the flyer on the right side of the bar and it will tell you how to get the ticket.

To add to that, if you havent found out already, when you go into Muramusa "menu" to buy things, make sure you hit TALK, he gives you a gift for every 5 golden scarabs.

BlindSniper
03-06-2004, 12:24 PM
my 2 golden scarabs he gave me a life of gods.......but anyways, Chapter 4, I ran through it *SPOILER* I guess if you havent got that far but anyways, since the only real boss for that level is those black ninja dudes, I just ran right by them. Was that wise of me? I had no more elexirs and they were kicking my butt for a second.....gee I suck at this :) anyways, I started the next level, found 2 quick elexirs then saved again. I'm afraid to go on and use them for I may need to save them for the boss.......so can anyone just quickly help me out with how Im doing? I could easily restart the whole game and beat the bosses now without having to use an elexir but thatd kinda suck. Just lemme know what you think, should I restart or go on...

Sigma
03-06-2004, 12:30 PM

You won't be able to get through those doors until you get incendiary shurikens or the warhammer, don't worry about these until chapter 7 or so.

P.S. Someone posted about the tank boss: use the ASFDS Core(sp?) arrows against it, but there are two, and then a huge chopper so be prepared.
Yeah I should have posted this eariler. Like every other time I ask for help I end up going back and beating it before I get a reply. The helicopter was easy, btw.

Oh yeah in case anyone wants to know here is how you unlock the orginal NES Ninja Gaiden games.

Ninja Gaiden 1: Collect 50 scarabs and give them to Maramusa.

Ninja Gaiden 2: The Dark Sword of Chaos: Get Master Ninja on every level in normal mode

Ninja Gaiden 3: Obtain the rank Head Ninja on all levels to unlock ninja gaiden 3. This is from gamefaqs and I have heard two differnt things on unlocking NG3 this is one and other one is beating the game on hard with Master Ninja rank on every level.

Ninja Gaiden 1 is easy to unlock. Ninja Gaiden 2 is a bit more difficult to unlock, but I can do it. Ninja Gaiden 3 on the other hand will be pretty damn hard to unlock.

JJaX
03-06-2004, 01:13 PM

Yeah I should have posted this eariler. Like every other time I ask for help I end up going back and beating it before I get a reply. The helicopter was easy, btw.

Oh yeah in case anyone wants to know here is how you unlock the orginal NES Ninja Gaiden games.

Ninja Gaiden 1: Collect 50 scarabs and give them to Maramusa.

Ninja Gaiden 2: The Dark Sword of Chaos: Get Master Ninja on every level in normal mode

Ninja Gaiden 3: Obtain the rank Head Ninja on all levels to unlock ninja gaiden 3. This is from gamefaqs and I have heard two differnt things on unlocking NG3 this is one and other one is beating the game on hard with Master Ninja rank on every level.

Ninja Gaiden 1 is easy to unlock. Ninja Gaiden 2 is a bit more difficult to unlock, but I can do it. Ninja Gaiden 3 on the other hand will be pretty damn hard to unlock.

Hmm those sound like a task and a half...How accurate is this?

I know when you beat the game you unlock a new outfit and a plasma saber. And you get the Plasma saber MK II if you beat it on very hard.

AITD, the bar really isnt that hard to find. Check your map and go to doors you havent been to yet.

l Maximus l
03-06-2004, 01:28 PM
Grr..I'm following the blue light, but I can't find where to go. Maybe this will help, I just found the Nunchaku. Also, am right next to a store, where do I go from here?!

There is a door right next to the bar....it has green jewels on it. You may slap your forehead after you read this, but, on the right of the door with the green jewels on it, there is a levar...just pull the levar and hit "X" to interact with the door...it will open like a normal door. Why they put a levar there is beyond me.

BlindSniper
03-06-2004, 01:54 PM
uh oh, if you forget to get the nunchaku, is that bad? I think its on chap 4 right?

JJaX
03-06-2004, 02:18 PM
uh oh, if you forget to get the nunchaku, is that bad? I think its on chap 4 right?

You cant upgrade them or anything, they are there for chits and giggles.

But in Chapter 6 you will get the flails from the demo. They are the nunchukes with blades at the end. Those can be upgraded.

BUt i use the katana all the time regardless.

Sigma
03-06-2004, 03:51 PM

Hmm those sound like a task and a half...How accurate is this?

I know when you beat the game you unlock a new outfit and a plasma saber. And you get the Plasma saber MK II if you beat it on very hard.

AITD, the bar really isnt that hard to find. Check your map and go to doors you havent been to yet.
100% accurate.

I have a question for Chapter 10. Does anyone know what the easiest way to beat the two electric worms that you have to fight?

l Maximus l
03-06-2004, 04:34 PM
I'm kinda stuck on Chapter 5...I'm just trying to figure out where I need to go. A little hint would be cool, however, I know I'll be able to figure it out given a little time. This is after you meet up with that one chick with the enormous and juicy titties...

AloneInTheDark
03-06-2004, 04:58 PM
Ok, I'm making progression. I found the door with the green jewls and the lever, and I want to know how I've missed it the past few times :confused:. I went inside and fought some ninja on a little deck kind of thing. Then I jumped up into this room with one of those tribal fire things. And havent found anything except for those wierd crab things, god knows what theyre for. I tried to jump over all the fences (the whole thing is fenced in, I see the blue lights but can't go towards them because of the fence) am I missing something?:huh:

BlindSniper
03-06-2004, 05:11 PM
there should be a small close off area or groove in the wall to the left of the door ytou just went in. I belive you fight the black ninjas there. Ninja flip up the sides of the walls and you should be where you have to go. Have you done this yet? Hope it helps. ALWAYS LOOK FOR THE NINJA FLIPPING!

l Maximus l
03-06-2004, 05:28 PM
Ok, I'm making progression. I found the door with the green jewls and the lever, and I want to know how I've missed it the past few times :confused:. I went inside and fought some ninja on a little deck kind of thing. Then I jumped up into this room with one of those tribal fire things. And havent found anything except for those wierd crab things, god knows what theyre for. I tried to jump over all the fences (the whole thing is fenced in, I see the blue lights but can't go towards them because of the fence) am I missing something?:huh:

Yes, you're in the right area...there is a place where you can jump up above and walk along the top of the buildings...it's where those 2 black ninjas are...kill them off (they're pretty tough, but, get used to them)...and you'll be able to wall jump up. Once you're up there, you'll be able to unlock the door that has all of the different colored jewels on it.

Also, the scarubs (the crab looking things)...take them to the shop owner...and talk to him...he'll hook you up!!!

yall
03-06-2004, 06:41 PM
Could someone give me a brief description of controls? The blockbuster instructions are awful.

Also, when are you presented with the opportunity to save the game?

Thanks gang!

BlindSniper
03-06-2004, 06:54 PM
well itd be best if you went into the ninja gaiden thread...the big one...but anyways, x is a quick slash move and y is a heavier one. Holding Y is a charged slash. Stringing these combos together equals destruction. B is for long range destruction, A is jump. B+Y tapping equals nimpo, not available yet. L is defend, R is set camera straight. You probably know what move is. You save at these dragon looking things throughout levels. Theres really only 1 or 2 per chapter.

dcuozzo
03-06-2004, 07:04 PM
How do you get your sword to level 2

Chaotic
03-06-2004, 07:32 PM
Merged your thread yall.

BlindSniper
03-06-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by dcuozzo
How do you get your sword to level 2

I belive when you go to the shop, pull left trigger to get to blacksmith. I belive you can upgrade it there.

yall
03-06-2004, 10:39 PM
Chaotic:

I had wanted to avoid this thread since it said "spoilers".

Anyway, thanks for the tips BlindSniper.:D

l Maximus l
03-07-2004, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by yall
Chaotic:

I had wanted to avoid this thread since it said "spoilers".

Anyway, thanks for the tips BlindSniper.:D

Yall...to learn the combos of a specific weapon, simply select the weapon and choose the Technique button...it lists all of your available combos that you need to know. The ones that are greyed out are simply combos that Ryu hasn't learned yet...he will as you progress through the game :)

Heavens Gate
03-07-2004, 08:09 AM
I hope this game has cheat codes or maybe a game save on an Exhibition disk or Magazine demo disk. I really want to play the classics but don't have the time to put into this gem. This game is crazy hard! I used like 6 health potions just to beat the first boss. The funny thing is I beat all 3 of the classics years ago. It seems like I was better then than I am now. Strange heh?

dcuozzo
03-07-2004, 11:20 AM
in Level 3 the warehouse where is the goodies on top of the boxes I cant find them anyware

BlindSniper
03-07-2004, 11:38 AM
dcuozzo:
I assume you are in the right area being on the far side of the aircraft......but you'll see boxes that start with one on the ground, then 2 are beside it, you can just hop right up on those and make your way up. I believe there are 3 chests up there. One being on the top and the other 2 being far on the other side from the door closest to the far wall. Just look around, they're there :)

Sigma
03-07-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Heavens Gate
I hope this game has cheat codes or maybe a game save on an Exhibition disk or Magazine demo disk. I really want to play the classics but don't have the time to put into this gem. This game is crazy hard! I used like 6 health potions just to beat the first boss. The funny thing is I beat all 3 of the classics years ago. It seems like I was better then than I am now. Strange heh?
You could always pick up an Action Replay and unlock them, but where is the fun in that?

Koopa
03-07-2004, 01:26 PM
her er okay im in the underground passage under the monastery and i just got the holy grail...are you supposta do anything with those chains that they say are brittle? i cant chop em up...

or should i just backtrack back to the giant fossil dinosaur with my holy grail?

Sigma
03-07-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Koopa
her er okay im in the underground passage under the monastery and i just got the holy grail...are you supposta do anything with those chains that they say are brittle? i cant chop em up...

or should i just backtrack back to the giant fossil dinosaur with my holy grail?
Go back to the top of the area then put the holy grail down in a little area and prepare to fight the giant fossil dino.

AlphaCigara
03-07-2004, 03:57 PM
Where did you find the Holy Grail thing? I've been lookin for it forever :cry:

EDIT: nvm, i found out i had to do a diving sword attack thingy on this one spot near the bottom of the stage. duh, and i thought i was gonna need a warhammer or somethin :p

Sigma
03-07-2004, 04:37 PM
Anyone know what do on the first puzzle in Chapter 12?

BlindSniper
03-07-2004, 04:41 PM
has anyone in thsi thread beat the game yet? If so how many chapters are there? Also, what should I "invest" my money in. Should I buy upgrades for the dragon blade or wait till Ive found a different object.....

Sigma
03-07-2004, 05:16 PM
has anyone in thsi thread beat the game yet? If so how many chapters are there? Also, what should I "invest" my money in. Should I buy upgrades for the dragon blade or wait till Ive found a different object.....
I have 4 more chapters to go until I beat the game. There are 16 Chapters in all.

I suggest upgrading your Dragon Blade it is the most powerful weapon and the one you will use the most.

skorp
03-07-2004, 09:37 PM
First of all I just wanted to say that this game is awesome! I know a few members mentioned how hard this game is but I'm glad it is.... I was much more worried about the controls & camera angles but I got used to it in no time like what some members said too.... This game rocks! Its more than what I expected especially my first encounter with ninjas.... whew! It blew my mind how great they made this game....

And second..... ummm I'll brb... I'm going back to my game...

:cheers:

Koopa
03-08-2004, 12:57 AM
hey what tips do you have for those stupid pendulums and archer zombies...

****** i've never cursed so much in my life..

i waste all my damn arrows on the archer zombies and then don thave enough to slow down the pendulums...

and the one time i did manage to make it, that tentacle-boss guy that somehow revived himself from the first time i killed him, killed me

themoosearmy
03-08-2004, 01:20 AM
Yeah the helicopter was pretty easy after I got the hang of the bow, but now I'm all the way up to chapt 12. what puzzle are you talkin about Sigma?

themoosearmy
03-08-2004, 01:22 AM
hey what tips do you have for those stupid pendulums and archer zombies...

****** i've never cursed so much in my life..

i waste all my damn arrows on the archer zombies and then don thave enough to slow down the pendulums...

and the one time i did manage to make it, that tentacle-boss guy that somehow revived himself from the first time i killed him, killed me

Best thing to do with the zombies is to take out the archers first (I use the XYX combo to stop them from shooting. Then use you're charge Y attack and ultimate attacks to take off their heads, after that its a piece of cake.

cheedoh
03-08-2004, 08:15 AM
On chapter 4, where's the legendary weapon that is hidden in a place where only ninja's can reach. (on the pink note thing that shoots on the wall after you walk away from the bar)

Ninjermy
03-08-2004, 08:22 AM
i think your talking about chapter 4. there is no bar on chapter 3 which is the aircraft level.

cheedoh
03-08-2004, 08:31 AM
That's what i meant. :p

mattgame
03-08-2004, 08:50 AM
I'm kinda stuck on Chapter 5...I'm just trying to figure out where I need to go. A little hint would be cool, however, I know I'll be able to figure it out given a little time. This is after you meet up with that one chick with the enormous and juicy titties...

Did you see those titties?! I hope they let Ryu hit that! I'm on chapter 5, it's not as hard as I thought it would be. Did you or anyone else get that big star thingie. It takes off heads in one hit. How do you get those doors open where they are cracked already? I've tried everything. :cheers:

Shadow20002
03-08-2004, 12:46 PM
It's going insane Ninja Gaiden !!! The ninjas are really what you think about it: fast, smart and very offensive. I was playing it like three days ( that's why some delays news and..posting :D ). Looking freaking good. well here are some hints for everyone.

Black Ninjas: Try to use attack on wall should be better than slashing them no stop cause when you slash one the others can still beat you. Also, a direct kill with the style of blue light ( when you jump and press up along with X or Y, you will traverse fast enough to cut his head off. But they are tough, you need at least to do it 2 to 3 time for each. Or if you don't want to waste your HP on them, try to run on wall to evade the exposive shurikens until you reach another point of street, they will disappear.

Cracked doors: Use explosives shurikens to destroy them.

***Return to play Ninja Gaiden***

BlindSniper
03-08-2004, 04:34 PM

Did you see those titties?! I hope they let Ryu hit that! I'm on chapter 5, it's not as hard as I thought it would be. Did you or anyone else get that big star thingie. It takes off heads in one hit. How do you get those doors open where they are cracked already? I've tried everything. :cheers:

I dunno if you do open that. WHERE IS THAT BIG STAR THINGY! I am pretty sure it is in the little alley on the outside of Hnas Bar. I sdee a ledge but I have no idea how to get up there....HELP!

Koopa
03-08-2004, 09:59 PM

Best thing to do with the zombies is to take out the archers first (I use the XYX combo to stop them from shooting. Then use you're charge Y attack and ultimate attacks to take off their heads, after that its a piece of cake.

they're er...on the other side of the bridge. across from the swinging pendulums of doom.

Shadow20002
03-08-2004, 10:07 PM

they're er...on the other side of the bridge. across from the swinging pendulums of doom.

Use arrows or explosive shurikens to destroy those zombies. Try to ride on wall and throw your explosive shurikens.

l Maximus l
03-09-2004, 01:45 AM
I'm about ready to start Chapter 7...I had to hang up the controller yesterday right after I beat the big skeleton thingymabobber :)

DemonLoki
03-09-2004, 02:52 AM
I dunno if you do open that. WHERE IS THAT BIG STAR THINGY! I am pretty sure it is in the little alley on the outside of Hnas Bar. I sdee a ledge but I have no idea how to get up there....HELP!

Look to the blue. In the alley you need need wall run jump run jump where you see the blue boards on the entrance of the alley.

Can anyone tell me a possible way to defeat the lady Fiend? I cant take more than half her life away (its on hard).
All previous bosses were cake next to her.

*Off topic. Her sister looks like Heather Graham. And I like those brass pasties, even if she is a pink demon!: :D

Edit: nevermind i beat her! thanks anyway SIGMA

Sigma
03-09-2004, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by DemonLoki

Look to the blue. In the alley you need need wall run jump run jump where you see the blue boards on the entrance of the alley.

Can anyone tell me a possible way to defeat the lady Fiend? I cant take more than half her life away (its on hard).
All previous bosses were cake next to her.

*Off topic. Her sister looks like Heather Graham. And I like those brass pasties, even if she is a pink demon!: :D
Just slash and block like a madman to beat her and if you get in a bind use Nippo when you can to knock her down.

themoosearmy
03-09-2004, 11:22 AM

Ohhh, those zombies, just use the bow, 2 or 3 shots for a kill.

Chapter 14 started today...almost done.

The best strategy for the lady fiend is to jump at her with the Dragon Sword hitting Y to knock her over and then slash and hack like crazy. Be very careful not to get captured in her gravity deal. Wait on her, patietence is a virtue, she'll dive at you, block and slash some more.

mattgame
03-09-2004, 01:05 PM
Where did guys get the explosive shurikens? I am on the part when I have to take those dragons down. I thought that was so hot when you think that you're in a regular fight and then the dragons appear and handle business for ya. I was like oh shat! Then the dragons proceeded to kick my ass. I wasn't ready but I 'll get 'em. For the dude who wants that giant shuriken, wall jump on the blue lines in the alley near the bar. It's pretty easy then make the jump onto the adjacent roof after the last wall. Good luck everyone. :cheers:

themoosearmy
03-09-2004, 01:31 PM
All this sounds so easy compared to what I'm on now, I've thown my S about 5 times in chapter 14 and I'm not very far into it. grrrrrr, stupid fish!

l Maximus l
03-09-2004, 02:08 PM
Where did guys get the explosive shurikens? I am on the part when I have to take those dragons down. I thought that was so hot when you think that you're in a regular fight and then the dragons appear and handle business for ya. I was like oh shat! Then the dragons proceeded to kick my ass. I wasn't ready but I 'll get 'em. For the dude who wants that giant shuriken, wall jump on the blue lines in the alley near the bar. It's pretty easy then make the jump onto the adjacent roof after the last wall. Good luck everyone. :cheers:

You'll get them after you beat the dragons...the bonus is that you get to see the breasts of that chick again, too :D

CharlieHustle
03-09-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by cheedoh
On chapter 4, where's the legendary weapon that is hidden in a place where only ninja's can reach. (on the pink note thing that shoots on the wall after you walk away from the bar)

Thats where im at now, I was assuming it was in the alley right next to the bar. But after trying about 20 minutes to jump up to this ledge... its not there definitely. Can someone please help us out!!!

l Maximus l
03-09-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by CharlieHustle

Thats where im at now, I was assuming it was in the alley right next to the bar. But after trying about 20 minutes to jump up to this ledge... its not there definitely. Can someone please help us out!!!

Honestly, I'm on Chapter 7 and I never found that out either. At first, I thought it was the numechukas (sp?) with the blades on it, but, it's not....especially since you get that weapon a little later in the game.

Anthony4sho
03-09-2004, 05:39 PM
Just passed chap. 4, which took me like the last 3 days to beat since the save points were so far apart and those ninjas with the exploding shurikens kept popping up. This game is ****in awesome. I didn't think I was going to enjoy it, but thats what I said about KOTOR and so far I have enjoyed both games. And **** did u see that ***** with the tig ol' bitties! I feel pathetic for even looking at a video game chick like that tho. Newayz, I hope this game keeps me busy till halo 2 or another big game drops.

P.S. I'm also looking for that weapon on chapter 4 and could not find it. If any1 finds it, get back to me.

Shadow20002
03-09-2004, 06:30 PM
Going very insane !! I'm at the Alma demon, the sister of Rachel. She is tough, very tough. Gonna beat her tonight or... :)

Conchord
03-09-2004, 06:53 PM
These boss battles are hard! Chit, man! It took me forever to beat the horseback Samurai...I kept trying to think out a strategy, but then I just went in and ****in wrecked on his ass and I beat him with a fraction of my health left...same for the big dude on top of the blimp...he was pretty easy compared, though...I think this is the best highly-anticipated game to come out on xbox so far...

DemonLoki
03-09-2004, 08:35 PM
THE BIG STAR IS IN THE ALLEY! Look for the blue boards from the entrance. You run at it jumpso you run along the wall, then jump across the other side of the alley about 3x.

LOOK FOR THE BLUE ABOVE THE PINK NOTE.

l Maximus l
03-10-2004, 01:32 AM
Alright, dudes...I know this is pre-mature, and I'll likely kick the crap out of this boss, but, she is ******* me off beyond belief.

I'm at the Chapter 7 boss, it's the ugly chick with the nice ass. I have my Ninpo's maxed at 3 and all are available. I forget the name of the Ninpo, but, it's the second one that shoots the straight fireball...that seems to kick the crap out of her pretty good. I only have one Elixer...it's the one that gives you all your health back...and I have full health when fighting her...

But, I can't beat her! If I had a second Elixer, I'm sure I could do it...but, hot damn! This chick is tough!

Watch, tomorrow, I'll beat her...however, if you guys have some tips, I'll take those very seriously. Thanks!

Damn, this game friggin' rocks!!!!!!!

Madhattr
03-10-2004, 01:55 AM
Alright, dudes...I know this is pre-mature, and I'll likely kick the crap out of this boss, but, she is ******* me off beyond belief.

I'm at the Chapter 7 boss, it's the ugly chick with the nice ass. I have my Ninpo's maxed at 3 and all are available. I forget the name of the Ninpo, but, it's the second one that shoots the straight fireball...that seems to kick the crap out of her pretty good. I only have one Elixer...it's the one that gives you all your health back...and I have full health when fighting her...

But, I can't beat her! If I had a second Elixer, I'm sure I could do it...but, hot damn! This chick is tough!

Watch, tomorrow, I'll beat her...however, if you guys have some tips, I'll take those very seriously. Thanks!

Damn, this game friggin' rocks!!!!!!!

Since I just beat her I found her to be the second toughest boss after the red horseman (only because I didn't know how to do combos at that point).
The best way to kick her ass is to wait till she lands and run in with that double slash, that hits almost every time, then use that fireball ninpo and knock her on her ass which lines her up for a decent combo move. If you want to jump at her do that full circle slash.
Stick and dodge, if she catches you she will do that grab combo that is a real piss off. I used one full heal on her and Ninpo once. You can drive her to the ground but it's not easy to do and dangerous.

I just beat her and I only have 4 melee weapons did I miss any?
(Dragon blade, nunchucks, Vig Flail and now war hammer.)

I don't think there is a person in this world that doesn't like this game, eat your heart out PS2ers.

l Maximus l
03-10-2004, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by Madhattr

Since I just beat her I found her to be the second toughest boss after the red horseman (only because I didn't know how to do combos at that point).
The best way to kick her ass is to wait till she lands and run in with that double slash, that hits almost every time, then use that fireball ninpo and knock her on her ass which lines her up for a decent combo move. If you want to jump at her do that full circle slash.
Stick and dodge, if she catches you she will do that grab combo that is a real piss off. I used one full heal on her and Ninpo once. You can drive her to the ground but it's not easy to do and dangerous.

I just beat her and I only have 4 melee weapons did I miss any?
(Dragon blade, nunchucks, Vig Flail and now war hammer.)

I don't think there is a person in this world that doesn't like this game, eat your heart out PS2ers.

I'll try that... I, fortunately, have 3 Ninpos and will use the fireball Ninpo that is currently at second level in power. I hit her three times and lashed out combos like crazy on her...I had her down to 1/4 health and then she picked my ass up and tossed me like a salad. Then I died. That was the best I've done so far...I've played her about 5 times already...I'll go back for more tomorrow....thanks for the tips! I didn't try that full circle slash on her yet...that could be pretty key. I used the upthrust slash and seems to be pretty effective, but, she's kinda scrappy and tough to hit every time. I also found the charge to be helpful (when you hold Y down for a second and unleash on her), but, I just couldn't live long enough.

Fortunately, I have full health when starting out and I have one back up Elixer that grants me full health again. It's a real bummer when she gets you, though...man, she eats off half my energy and I have a long ass health bar!

Anthony4sho
03-10-2004, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by DemonLoki
THE BIG STAR IS IN THE ALLEY! Look for the blue boards from the entrance. You run at it jumpso you run along the wall, then jump across the other side of the alley about 3x.

Calm down man. Can u tell us again in a more relaxed form?

BlindSniper
03-10-2004, 10:35 AM
Ok, after slapping myself upside the head a couiple times I figured it out. The big star is sweet, you throw it twice and it chops of guys heads and acts like a bommerang....anyway...right next to the scroll thing with info, is an alley. Walk to that alley till you see an area that is reachable (after a couple ninja moves) directly accross from the overhang is a small wall, to the right of it is a dead end. From the side, wall jum,p on the small wall, then quickly jump and run across the longer weall infront of it, again, press A to jump again and youll hit the wall directly right of the ledge, then you hit A once more and Ryu flips right up there. Hope that helps! Just try new stuff, JUST REMEMBER ITS IN THE ALLEY ON THE LEDGE! heh, Anyways, I think Im doing pretty good, Im on chapter 5, just outside of hans bar. I have max elexirs, max devils way things, two ninpos, both the fire ninpo things, both armlets (sun and moon) 2 life of thre talisman things, and 4 of those blue ball things to get a better life span. Oh and I have 5000 bucks to spare. So how do you guys think I'm doing? I started a new file and got up to this point with only using like 4 elexirs......I'm afraid to play on though because if I start getting my chass kicked I'll start losing my elexirs......I hear the biznatch on chapter 7 is pretty hard......I think I could take here with what I have now :)

Shadow20002
03-10-2004, 11:45 AM
Just beat her last night without losing HP or elixirs...sound like finally she isn't that tough.

CharlieHustle
03-10-2004, 12:17 PM
I FUC**N FOUND IT!!! City boy with it!!! City Boy with it!! City Boy with it!! The windmill shiruken!! If you follow the post he (blindsniper) tells you exactly how to do it. Thank you blind sniper. Theres a big ass XBOX logo when you get up there to let you know you made it. Once again, thank you.

mattgame
03-10-2004, 12:42 PM
Let me tell you guys how good this game really is. I was on Chapter 5 last night. Needless to say I was getting my ass waxed by those ninjas that hit you with the explosive shurikens. Those jokers are extra fast! Anyway, after about the fourth or fifth try, I made up my mind to kick their asses. I became aggressive leapfroggin those punks, then sending that windmill shuriken back at them just cuttin' their asses up to the point where not only did I beat them but I beat the chapter without using any elixirs. That's how good the game is where you can change the outcome of the game, where you seem to be in total control of what happens around you. This has got to be in the top 5 action games of all time. :cheers:

CharlieHustle
03-10-2004, 01:04 PM
I have to agree with you there. This game is one of my favorite all time, and i hate action games, im a rpg /fps/ sports fan. Those ninjas are a real pain in this game, i use the nun chucks against them because, once you get started in the combos with them, you are unstoppable. Also i noticed that if you are about to kill, someone, and use the windmill shuriken it will decapitate them. Very tight. Also inside the Temple or church in front of the alter, i pulled off a 50 hit combo(nunchucks), it was really 54, but it was tight. What was the highest combo you guys got?

Madhattr
03-10-2004, 03:46 PM
Also inside the Temple or church in front of the alter, i pulled off a 50 hit combo(nunchucks), it was really 54, but it was tight. What was the highest combo you guys got?

I got about 69 with the Vigoorian Flail. The most I have gotten with the Dragon sword is like 16.

Just curious if something is missed is there a way to go back and get it? Can a person play the levels individualy like halo once they beat them?

BlindSniper
03-10-2004, 04:39 PM
I FUC**N FOUND IT!!! City boy with it!!! City Boy with it!! City Boy with it!! The windmill shiruken!! If you follow the post he (blindsniper) tells you exactly how to do it. Thank you blind sniper. Theres a big ass XBOX logo when you get up there to let you know you made it. Once again, thank you.

no problem, Im kinda mad though that I didnt find the nunchuks :( oh well, I hear the dragon sword is better anyway, but finding other key weapons is what needs to be done :) I play more stealthy in this game, well not really but I often play cheap the first 4 guys so I dont get overwhelmed then I whip out the moves. The windmill shuriken is unstopable man! well it actually is stoppable but on chapter 5 against the white guys its pretty useful! took out 3 of them just standing in once spot flailing, its a great weapon. I cant wait to pull off that ikurago drop, (which by the way kicks ass) and then throw the windmill shurioken right into some unsuspecting ninjas throat.....Also, I really hope that Ryu doesnt pick up any guns. I like him using authentic(ish) ninja weapons to kill......

JimmieDoogan
03-10-2004, 04:57 PM

I got about 69 with the Vigoorian Flail. The most I have gotten with the Dragon sword is like 16.

My highest with the Dragon Sword is 52 (in the room with the bugs in the Aqua Ducts) and my Highest with the Flail is 94 (in the room before the Bone Dragon in the Aqua Ducts). You can get a little too sick sometimes if your going good... I wonder if there's any speical reward for getting an awsome combo. Also... WTF does it take to get a master rating... GEEZ... I've been playing this game and I'm dope at it... can't believe I'm not a master yet... Maybe this game is really hard ;)

Anthony4sho
03-10-2004, 05:25 PM
I got a Master Ninja rating in the first two levels but since then i've been gettin the head and greater ninja. I'm also playing on hard.

Is the big star the weapon the note was talkin about in chapter 4? Can I still get it in chapter 5?

I'm hooked on this **** like a dope fiend. One minute u can be getting your ass kicked and the next you could be destroying peeps. The best example for me so far is chap. 4. I couldn't even get past the first group of black ninja cuz I was always low on health so I had to keep starting over and over like 6 times straight. And on the 7th try I go through there like nothing and beat the level.

mattgame
03-10-2004, 06:58 PM
Help! Ican't find my out of chapter 6. I can't get that wall open by Hans Bar, I can't see where to go past the monastery. Help!

themoosearmy
03-10-2004, 07:14 PM
My highest combo with the Dragon Sword is 64 (Holy Grail Room), and 139 with the Vig Flail (Archives chapter 7).

Anyways, when you get to the monastery, head left up the hill. It will take you around the wall. After you wathc the vid of the chick killing the fiend, you don't do much with Han's Bar. On to fight again chapter 14, wish me luck.

Ninjermy
03-10-2004, 07:47 PM
my highest was 60... it was unworthy though. chapter 6 where u first meet the giant bees, i constantly threw shuriekens and got 60 hits in a row before one hit me!

CharlieHustle
03-10-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Anthony4sho
I got a Master Ninja rating in the first two levels but since then i've been gettin the head and greater ninja. I'm also playing on hard.

Is the big star the weapon the note was talkin about in chapter 4? Can I still get it in chapter 5?

I'm hooked on this **** like a dope fiend. One minute u can be getting your ass kicked and the next you could be destroying peeps. The best example for me so far is chap. 4. I couldn't even get past the first group of black ninja cuz I was always low on health so I had to keep starting over and over like 6 times straight. And on the 7th try I go through there like nothing and beat the level.

Yes you can backtrack there, thats what i did. I just saved at varoius points while backtracking, so if i got my ass kicked i wouldnt bee too far off.

Madhattr
03-10-2004, 08:15 PM
I found a problem with this game, how come there isn't a "quit" or "load" option?
Am I just not looking in the right place but if I screw up and want to go back to the last place I saved I have to die or turn off my Xbox, it is a pain in the ass.

Ninjermy
03-10-2004, 08:38 PM
to quit, hold down the START and BACK buttons at the same time for 2 seconds. it will bring you back to the main screen

Anthony4sho
03-10-2004, 08:42 PM
I found a problem with this game, how come there isn't a "quit" or "load" option?
Am I just not looking in the right place but if I screw up and want to go back to the last place I saved I have to die or turn off my Xbox, it is a pain in the ass.

Yea that shyt has been bothering me too. Also has anyone seen any of the black ninjas just dissapear in a cloud of white smoke? I'm not high or nuttin but I just saw that shyt happen right now in chapter five on my way to fight the big boss with the tentacles. There was only like two of them left and they were nowhere near dead and they just vanish. I thought they were gonna pull some **** on me but nothin happened.

DemonLoki
03-10-2004, 09:02 PM
quote:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Calm down man. Can u tell us again in a more relaxed form?
Yeah I AM RELAXED!!! Its in the alley, you need to run ALONG the walls not up them, any way I think the directions on how to find the star have been posted at least 10 times now, and people are still asking? Oh well...

Cant beat chapter 7 boss ALMA? (I got whiped by her about 20x)

If your stuck, I beat her by using a running jump slash to knock her to the ground where she can be attacked, without the jump slash I found her pretty much impossible. 'Hard' mode is what it sounds like, so blocking Her is useless just run.

Madhattr
03-10-2004, 10:22 PM
About the star, if you don't know which alley it's the only ally down Pleasure street, you have to run at the end of the 1st wall on your left (facing the entrance to the alley) jump off it to the 2nd wall then jump again up onto the ledge.
It is tricky and will probably take you a couple tries but it is do-able.

l Maximus l
03-11-2004, 12:55 AM
About the star, if you don't know which alley it's the only ally down Pleasure street, you have to run at the end of the 1st wall on your left (facing the entrance to the alley) jump off it to the 2nd wall then jump again up onto the ledge.
It is tricky and will probably take you a couple tries but it is do-able.

I'll have to go back there...I didn't pick it up yet. I thought I looked everywhere in that alley, but, apparently, I didn't. So, thanks!!!

Conchord
03-11-2004, 02:42 AM
is there a lock on button in this game? things would so much easier if i didnt have to pound the right triiger harder than my **** when im looking at pictures of brooke...

readone
03-11-2004, 03:07 AM
hmmh,.....

Well my friends, I bought Ninja Gaiden just a week ago. Honestly, it has been one week, I just play until chapter 2. I had problem to defeat the boss who ride a horse.

So,.... I can't tell any comment here right now, but Ninja Gaiden is a difficult game to me. Sometime I got frustate to play it. please let me know how to defeat the boss.

cheers

Conchord
03-11-2004, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by readone
hmmh,.....

Well my friends, I bought Ninja Gaiden just a week ago. Honestly, it has been one week, I just play until chapter 2. I had problem to defeat the boss who ride a horse.

So,.... I can't tell any comment here right now, but Ninja Gaiden is a difficult game to me. Sometime I got frustate to play it. please let me know how to defeat the boss.

cheers

maybe someone else had a strategy, but i just went in as hardcore as i could, use all my magic, and whooped some serious ****ing ass...

edit: kill off the two guards that regernate to get some essense, then do a charge (hold Y) and absorb them, then unleash onto the samurai...that really helped me...

Madhattr
03-11-2004, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by readone
hmmh,.....

cheers

This boss was a major pain in the ass until I discover the essence combo then he was a pushover.

Ok the way to put the red horseman on his ass is shoot one of his mages with the bow (it will only take one shot to kill a mage) Then when the essence from the dead mage appears just hold down the Y button, wait until the horseman is pretty close then push in his direction and release.
You will absorb the essence from any distance and unleash a combo that will cut his hit points down to 1/3. You might need to do this twice but you will love kicking his ass for a change.
Don't worry if it is a blue, yellow or red essence because they all work.

Ninjermy
03-11-2004, 08:35 AM
my stradegy for deafting this boss worked first time for me once i figured it out. When you walk into the area, the wall that you are facing is that wall you shud hug the whole time. I just stood against that wall and constantly did AAY to come down on all the mages. repeat this about 30 times until all the mages are dead. an easy way to beat the horse rider once the mages are dead is to use the bow. just wait til hes at the other end and start pelting him. its slow but very effective

skorp
03-11-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by jermy_64
my stradegy for deafting this boss worked first time for me once i figured it out. When you walk into the area, the wall that you are facing is that wall you shud hug the whole time. I just stood against that wall and constantly did AAY to come down on all the mages. repeat this about 30 times until all the mages are dead. an easy way to beat the horse rider once the mages are dead is to use the bow. just wait til hes at the other end and start pelting him. its slow but very effective

This is exactly what I did... The wall is your friend... But as soon as the Mages were all gone I stayed near the wall and waited for The Horseman and timed my power hits by running up the wall and coming down on him again with AAY buttons.... You can mix it up a bit if you want....

Good Luck!:cheers:

Conchord
03-11-2004, 09:22 PM
who is the hardest boss, and how hard are they compared to the Red Horseman?

themoosearmy
03-11-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by xbocks
who is the hardest boss, and how hard are they compared to the Red Horseman?

So far? Chapter 15's boss, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone.

Other than that, I'd have to say that Alma was the toughest boss for me (both times), and the easiest boss by far is the red dragon in chapter 12 or 13, I forget.

Every boss in the game has a weakness that you discover after you've died about 4 or 5 times. Just try different weapons and nimpo and you'll eventually figure it out.

readone
03-12-2004, 12:12 AM
Thanks Guys to give me the tips,.......:)

I will try it soon,.......

Cheers

RudedogX
03-12-2004, 01:52 PM
For those wondering how to unlock the original Ninja Gaiden games 1, 2, or 3, here is what I found in another forum by a poster named rashonmon:

Unlock Ninja Gaiden 1

Muramasa gives you this after you hand over all 50 scarabs.
Get all 50 golden scarabs and visit Muramasa's shop. You don't need to do them all in one play session. Continue your game from a successive save, and you start off with all the scarabs you picked up the last time. Now you can pick up the scarabs you missed. The spots of the scarabs you got in the previous game are now empty. When you hand over all 50, Muramasa will give you the Ninja Gaiden game disc that you can use in the arcade machine on the first floor of Han's Bar.

Unlock Ninja Gaiden 2, the Easy Way

Been slaving away, trying to get Master Ninja on every chapter? Get Ninja Gaiden 2 the easy way! After you get Ninja Gaiden 1, go to the Clock Tower Plaza of Tairon. Get up on the ledge above the multicolored door that takes you to Pleasure Street. This is the same ledge where you flip the switch to unlock that door. Pull out your bow and aim at the clock tower across the street. Shoot the face of the clock and a treasure chest will appear on the building across the street. Jump down, and go into the doorway across the street with the stairs. Ascend to the top, and find the chest there containing the Ninja Gaiden 2 game disc.

Unlock Ninja Gaiden 3, the Easy Way

To get Ninja Gaiden 3 the easy way, you must get Ninja Gaiden 2 first. Once you have that, go to the Peristyle Passage, which is the ceremonial room in the Aquaducts, just before your boss fight with the giant fossil bird. It's adjacent to the Hall of Balance. Remember the golden scarab you got on top of the broken pillar? Triangle jump back up there and you'll find the Ninja Gaiden 3 game disc.

Play Classic Ninja Gaiden Games From the Main Menu

You must go to Han's Bar to play the Ninja Gaiden games at first, but there is a way to get the classic games accessible from the main menu. Just beat Xbox Ninja Gaiden while having a classic Ninja Gaiden disc in Ryu's inventory. A new option will be added to the main menu that will allow you to play the old-school Ninja Gaiden games without visiting Han's Bar.

l Maximus l
03-12-2004, 02:13 PM
Rude! Nice find!!!!

Shadow20002
03-12-2004, 02:47 PM
Wow, Rude, that's was i'm wating for after beating Ninja Gaiden...still on Chapter 11, will beat it in this week-end i think or further... ;)

Shadow20002
03-12-2004, 02:51 PM
Just forget something..hehe

About the X star shuriken, if you find it in the alley, there are Xbox Chrome which will replenish fully your HP and your KI. Look great that thing !! :p

Conchord
03-12-2004, 03:41 PM
I just found a note saying there is a weapon in a dark alley that only a ninja can find...how do i get to it? I am near Han's bar. Also, when can I start upgrading my nunchaka, and get my sword to level three? And how many different meke weapons are there? What are they?

lol...sorry, just interested...

edit: i just realized this has to be the second best game on xbox, next to pulse racer.

l Maximus l
03-12-2004, 04:59 PM
I just found a note saying there is a weapon in a dark alley that only a ninja can find...how do i get to it? I am near Han's bar. Also, when can I start upgrading my nunchaka, and get my sword to level three? And how many different meke weapons are there? What are they?

lol...sorry, just interested...

edit: i just realized this has to be the second best game on xbox, next to pulse racer.

I haven't gotten it yet, but, a few people in this thread said that it's in that alley right next to where you got the message. There is an alley right next to Han's bar...look up and you'll be able to see it, apparently. I have to go back and get it...

I just started Chapter 8...man, that boss at the end of Chapter 7 was tough as hell...but, I smoked her ass the final time...took me about a good dozen tries, though.

BlindSniper
03-12-2004, 06:02 PM
AHHH! I'm getting so annoyed with all of these requests for the hidden weapon. JUST LOOK THE ALLEY! I described it well a few posts back.....look there.

studepaber
03-12-2004, 06:18 PM

I just started Chapter 8...man, that boss at the end of Chapter 7 was tough as hell...but, I smoked her ass the final time...took me about a good dozen tries, though.

No kidding, I fireballed her arse and did the jumping quick slash dealie repeatedly and she finally went down. My elixers are definitely not plentiful now though :( Chapter 8 doesn't seem so hard, just starting that level myself.

Conchord
03-12-2004, 06:23 PM
hey guys nvm about the weapon, i looked up and saw the blue. cool weapon...the boss that swallows rachael was so easy!! Dude! Almost as easy as Blimpie...how come no one is saying how ****ing badass the CG on this game is??

l Maximus l
03-12-2004, 06:27 PM

No kidding, I fireballed her arse and did the jumping quick slash dealie repeatedly and she finally went down. My elixers are definitely not plentiful now though :( Chapter 8 doesn't seem so hard, just starting that level myself.

I went to the save point after I beat that "B" with an "Itch" and I thought I would just get a taste of what Chapter 8 is all about. I can already see that the dudes with the machine guns are going to p!ss me off for a while :D

Damn, those punk asses are brutal...worse than the black ninjas!

themoosearmy
03-12-2004, 07:27 PM
Well, I did it, after all that play time and controller throwing, I completed Ninja Gaiden today with a total play time of 26:46 and a karma rating of over 600000.

Max, use your warhammer on the machine gun guys, it's your best bet. Especially the one with the rocket launcher.

Anthony4sho
03-12-2004, 09:30 PM
Hey guys, i'm up ****s creek without a paddle. Normally the boss at the end of chapter 6 should be easy, but all these damn zombies have taken all my potions, ki, and exploding shurikens. I've come close to beating the skeleton a few times, but I just keep running short on health. Has anyone been in my position and have a strategy to defeat this ***** in my current state?

themoosearmy
03-12-2004, 11:00 PM
The way I beat the dragon deal skele is pretty cheesy actually, I just jumped back and forth using the Y turbo-slash attack on his legs. Watch out for that tail tho, master ninja'd that chapter.

Ninjermy
03-12-2004, 11:19 PM
for the chapter 7 boss, is it better to use fire or ice nimpo? i wasnt sure, so i far i havent been able to get an ice hit yet. i heard it was the best though...

l Maximus l
03-12-2004, 11:22 PM
for the chapter 7 boss, is it better to use fire or ice nimpo? i wasnt sure, so i far i havent been able to get an ice hit yet. i heard it was the best though...

I used the fire ninpo...the second one...not the one with the fireballs that surround you, but, the other one that shoots straight. Be sure that the boss is lined up, otherwise, she'll dodge it and you'll be p!ssed.

l Maximus l
03-12-2004, 11:24 PM

Max, use your warhammer on the machine gun guys, it's your best bet. Especially the one with the rocket launcher.

What do you mean by the Warhammer? I don't think I have that yet...I just have the Dragon Sword (Level 3) and the Vigorian Flail (Level 2)...both are maxed out, obviously.

I also have the knunchucks (sp?)...but, those are worthless since I have the Vigorian Flail.

Shadow20002
03-13-2004, 12:32 AM
Ok...hehehe...I got something that will make everyone cry out louder for this trick.

First of all, make sure you wearing the Armlets of Fortune, which will make more KI appearing when you destroy your ennemies. Equip your Vigorian Flair (Level 2 will max out combos) along with the Izumasa Ninpo (sp?), the one will chain lightning your ennemies and kill everything in one shot. Now go to where in the sewers, you meet like a infinity of those fiends with a yellow fire as their heads. I don't know how to explain but somewhere you need to jump on the top of a Godness and let you fall down to touch the platform to open the doors, that's the place. Now, they will appear in a group of four, use your ninpo to destroy them in one shot. Never fear about you running out of KI cause since you have weared the armlets of Fortune, at least one KI will appear when you destroy all of them. I have 10000 just doing this trick for 3-5 minutes. If you kill them all, just go out the sewers then return, they are infinite. ;)

l Maximus l
03-13-2004, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Shadow-XBA
Ok...hehehe...I got something that will make everyone cry out louder for this trick.

First of all, make sure you wearing the Armlets of Fortune, which will make more KI appearing when you destroy your ennemies. Equip your Vigorian Flair (Level 2 will max out combos) along with the Izumasa Ninpo (sp?), the one will chain lightning your ennemies and kill everything in one shot. Now go to where in the sewers, you meet like a infinity of those fiends with a yellow fire as their heads. I don't know how to explain but somewhere you need to jump on the top of a Godness and let you fall down to touch the platform to open the doors, that's the place. Now, they will appear in a group of four, use your ninpo to destroy them in one shot. Never fear about you running out of KI cause since you have weared the armlets of Fortune, at least one KI will appear when you destroy all of them. I have 10000 just doing this trick for 3-5 minutes. If you kill them all, just go out the sewers then return, they are infinite. ;)

What Chapter are you on?

I found similar situations...where there are plenty of bats...I'd just shuriken all the bats and enjoy in the festivities...returning for more!

I must admit, this is how I beat the Chapter 7 boss...I loaded up on devil elixer for my ninpo and maxed out my elixer of life :D

Ninjermy
03-13-2004, 08:53 AM
ok im sort of confused about nimpo... i only have one flame thing lit at a time and every time u use nimpo it goes to 0. how can i get more flames to appear at one time? like how do i increase my nimpo?

Conchord
03-13-2004, 09:57 AM
I just killed some flying thingies, then cut to CG, and now I am getting anally raped by a group of skeletons...I made it out of the first chamber with the grail, took one look at the enormous line of skeletons in front of me, and quite abruptly said, '**** it.' I ran through as fast as I could, and was dead in under ten seconds. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!

Conchord
03-13-2004, 11:33 AM
OK, I broke out of the chamber, and got back on that round stone elevator thing that you have to come down on with your sword to activate...I have been fighting for my life on the lift with my vigoorian flails, and I made it back into the big spiral 'staircase' with the big skeleton near the top...the bones are WAY above me...I am at the bottom with the chains that say 'a strong force may break them...' I made my way up the spirals back to the save point...I had to make my way past a half dozen archers...what do I do? Do I go back down and do something with the chains? I am in level 7...what is the boss...and please dont tell me its that massive skeleton....aw ****, it is, isnt it? Ah crap...

Sigma
03-13-2004, 11:40 AM
OK, I broke out of the chamber, and got back on that round stone elevator thing that you have to come down on with your sword to activate...I have been fighting for my life on the lift with my vigoorian flails, and I made it back into the big spiral 'staircase' with the big skeleton near the top...the bones are WAY above me...I am at the bottom with the chains that say 'a strong force may break them...' I made my way up the spirals back to the save point...I had to make my way past a half dozen archers...what do I do? Do I go back down and do something with the chains? I am in level 7...what is the boss...and please dont tell me its that massive skeleton....aw ****, it is, isnt it? Ah crap...
Yes the massive skeleton fiend is the boss, but he isn't hard at all just watch for his tail swipes and his grab with his mouth which is easy to avoid since he only lunges forward when you have the chance run up and slash the hell out of his bone hand.

btw, Could a mod make this thread sticky to prevent more threads being made about help on Ninja Gaiden.

Conchord
03-13-2004, 11:48 AM

Yes the massive skeleton fiend is the boss, but he isn't hard at all just watch for his tail swipes and his grab with his mouth which is easy to avoid since he only lunges forward when you have the chance run up and slash the hell out of his bone hand.

btw, Could a mod make this thread sticky to prevent more threads being made about help on Ninja Gaiden.

****. Ok, but what do I do about the chains? Do I just make my way back up to the boss?

Anthony4sho
03-13-2004, 12:41 PM

****. Ok, but what do I do about the chains? Do I just make my way back up to the boss?

Ok first things first. Make sure you got a few potions with you cause your going to need it. Its very difficult to beat the skeleton with only one bar of health, trust me I know. Also make sure your ninpo is at full strength. With your health and magic filled this guy is pretty easy and predictable, but without them, get yourself ready for a bad day.

But before all that you need to go. You already got the holy grail(right?). What you want to do is after you get up the elevator go down the passage and climb up the ladder that was surrounded by bats. Follow the next passage until you get to the Econtra Babel Specus and kill the zombies. Forget about the chains. Now run all the way up to the save point, save, and go into the chamber with all the bats. Your going to have to make a few tricky jumps to get to the top, but its do-able. Once their follow the paths and go thru the gated entrance and place the Holy grail on a little shrine engraved into the wall on the cliff.

If you don't have any health or potions by this point, I suggest you start from your last save point and try to stock up on health.

Sigma
03-13-2004, 12:58 PM

Ok first things first. Make sure you got a few potions with you cause your going to need it. Its very difficult to beat the skeleton with only one bar of health, trust me I know. Also make sure your ninpo is at full strength. With your health and magic filled this guy is pretty easy and predictable, but without them, get yourself ready for a bad day.

But before all that you need to go. You already got the holy grail(right?). What you want to do is after you get up the elevator go down the passage and climb up the ladder that was surrounded by bats. Follow the next passage until you get to the Econtra Babel Specus and kill the zombies. Forget about the chains. Now run all the way up to the save point, save, and go into the chamber with all the bats. Your going to have to make a few tricky jumps to get to the top, but its do-able. Once their follow the paths and go thru the gated entrance and place the Holy grail on a little shrine engraved into the wall on the cliff.

If you don't have any health or potions by this point, I suggest you start from your last save point and try to stock up on health.
I found the boss to be really easy I actually only got hit once the entire fight.

As far as the chains go defeat the boss and his dead boney carcass will take care of that for you.

Shadow20002
03-13-2004, 01:29 PM
Near the end....chapter 14...with those freaking fishes that feeds your blood constanly if you get hit !! I just pass this chapter buuuuuuuuuttttttt....what the...., when you destroy Doku's spirit, use you Izumisa (lightning ninpo) as fast you can after the cut-scenes or....game over. You will understand when you are in that place.....:watchout:

Anthony4sho
03-13-2004, 02:40 PM

I found the boss to be really easy I actually only got hit once the entire fight.

As far as the chains go defeat the boss and his dead boney carcass will take care of that for you.

Yea well that beotch was given me a bad day so I just started over form my last save and skillfully got to him with about 3 or 4 potions and smoked his ass. Now i'm about to fight Alma on Chp 7.

CharlieHustle
03-13-2004, 03:38 PM
Thats where im at now, ill probably fight her in about an hour, i heard that she was tough as hell, but i need nimpo bad, im broke as hell, and i have my sword at level 3, but my nunchucks with the blades is still at level 1. Im in the great statue room now, after beating the tenticle boss for the second time.

Ninjermy
03-13-2004, 04:00 PM
ya im also at this boss. tried mabye 5 times and still no luck. next time im gonna use fire nimpo. my dragon sword is lvl3. this cant possibly be that hard could it?

btw i got the 200th post on this thread! w00t

Conchord
03-13-2004, 05:32 PM
ya im also at this boss. tried mabye 5 times and still no luck. next time im gonna use fire nimpo. my dragon sword is lvl3. this cant possibly be that hard could it?

btw i got the 200th post on this thread! w00t

:watchout:

I got done beating the skelo-b!tch...i just opened the safe that the moron keeps leaving suttle clues for...im back in the cathedral...now what??? Im at the top level...ill try leaving! Woot!

OH RAT**** THE MOUSE IN THE *******! I was just wandering around the cathedral, trying to figure out what the hell to do, when CG cuts in and satan Herself busts through the window...she bent me over and raped me like a preschool at Neverland. Someone wanna give some helpful advice? Por favor?

dcuozzo
03-13-2004, 09:19 PM
That Skeleton Dragon on level 6 how do you beat it. I have no elixers left.

Ninjermy
03-13-2004, 09:20 PM
ok i dont even think thats possible. i came into that battle with a great elixer and 4 elixers... id say go back and try the lvl again and save some elixers

DOOM
03-13-2004, 09:49 PM
Dude, I Just Beat Ninja Gaiden & Am Starting A New Game... Now Where Is This Plasma Sabre People are talking about... The Only thing that carried over are me scarabs...
I Went To The Shop & Cashed Them in & Got Back Some Of My Bracelets & Gems...
Is That All That Unlocks?
Thanks...:cheers:

l Maximus l
03-13-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by DOOM
Dude, I Just Beat Ninja Gaiden & Am Starting A New Game... Now Where Is This Plasma Sabre People are talking about... The Only thing that carried over are me scarabs...
I Went To The Shop & Cashed Them in & Got Back Some Of My Bracelets & Gems...
Is That All That Unlocks?
Thanks...:cheers:

Damn, this thread would not be the same without DOOM! Nice to see you back, man!

I guess if you have all 50 Scarabs, it's unlocks the original Ninja Gaiden...look trough this thread...RudedogX has a sweet post from an article that shows all the crap you can have unlocked and how to do it :) You can unlock the original Ninja Gaiden, Ninja Gaiden 2 and Ninja Gaiden 3!

Ah...I can't wait to reminisce...I'm on Chapter 8 at the moment :)

Conchord
03-13-2004, 10:00 PM
That Skeleton Dragon on level 6 how do you beat it. I have no elixers left.

Use ninpos up early, and take out his hind legs, this way he cant use his tail and only does the jaw-bite...which is easy to avoid. The best move with the dragon sword is jumping towards enemy then hitting Y.

Max-Im on level 8, too. That chopper raped me, as I have no health left after fighting the Red Queen...WHERES RACHAEL? I hope she doesnt become a fiend...

DOOM
03-13-2004, 10:04 PM
Thank's Man...:cheers:
I Have 43 Scarabs...
WHERES MY PLASMA SWORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL...
;)

Conchord
03-13-2004, 10:46 PM
FINALLY! I got the gate opened with the skull key-COMPOSITE BOW!! WOOT! Max, if you already got this, you know about the opened window...it sats something about the shutter door...what do I do?

Anthony4sho
03-13-2004, 10:55 PM
I need some advice for Alma. I can get her down to about half of her health but after that the ***** just goes to her unstoppable mode. Any tips?

Conchord
03-13-2004, 11:01 PM
I need some advice for Alma. I can get her down to about half of her health but after that the ***** just goes to her unstoppable mode. Any tips?

As soon as te battle starts, run over to the big gate-wall...press right triiger whenever you lose site of her....face the wall the entire time....she has 3 attacks that will affect you when she is far away...he pink-charge shots (counter these by running vertically up the wall as long as possible as soon as they are fired, then jump at the peak of your climb...), she will throw the pillars at you (run horizonal along the gate to avoid these), and she flies directly at you...(run vertical on the wall, jump at peak, and hit Y-you should come down on top of her; also, use the fire wall, not the one that shoots it, so that while shes near you, she loses health; keep hitting Y at the top of your wall jumps and you should keep hitting her...this will NOT work in one try, but its the best way i found...)

Remember to hit right trigger to keep the camera on her if it ever wanders off...

Shadow20002
03-13-2004, 11:59 PM
FINALLY! I got the gate opened with the skull key-COMPOSITE BOW!! WOOT! Max, if you already got this, you know about the opened window...it sats something about the shutter door...what do I do?

Just go to where you saw in the window. There you will face two guards that use machine gun on the top of the buiding. Take them down with your longbow, two shots each ones. After that, there are one guy use rocket launcher to aim at you. Destroy him also. Oh..cut-scenes coming...(showing a helicopter that approach the building. Your main objective for now is to escape, do not try to fight the helicopter. It's useless.

l Maximus l
03-14-2004, 12:59 AM

I'll be on that part tomorrow...I'm savoring every Ninja Gaiden moment I can...I try not to play it everyday just in case I beat it too soon! I'll let you know tomorrow, though :)

l Maximus l
03-14-2004, 01:04 AM

You know how I beat her? And get this, I have 6 Elixers left and I am maxed out on the super duper elixer...(I forgot what it's called...the one that fills all your health)...I even beat her with 4 devil elixer left...here's what I did:

You know the cave right before it floods after you open it with the skull key? There are a ton of bats in there...keep smoking them with shurikens...run out the door (don't flood the tunnel...go back)...and repeat until you have tons of cash (I forget what it's called...the yellow things).

Go back to your save point...save it...then backtrack even more until you get to the store.....stock up on all your elixers...and then go back and show that b!tch what's up ;) That's exactly what I did...

Veno
03-14-2004, 01:06 AM
I just got to Alma on chapter 7, reading this thread got me through a couple hard spots, so thx. I can't find any save points near Alma, she's insanely hard yet the save point to her is like 5 minutes of playing to get to her. Those zombies don't really hurt you but they take forever to f*ucking kill, and theres like 15 of them between the save point and her plus the flood, and the diving for golden scarabs. I'm on chapter 7 and i've only gotten 9 scarabs, am i ignorant or just ****ty at this game? So far i've killed everyone with ease except for second boss (i assumed the invisible mages kept coming so i just went at him). So, if anyone can tell me if theres a save point closer to her or some way to kill her. Tried beating her twice, first time i think i hit her once, second time i took her down to 3/4 hp. Both times when I died i had 2 elixers and 2 greater elixers, but she does so much damage potions dont really matter because you die so fast. For me, one hit from her takes me down to about 1/3 hp. And the pillars kill me in 1 hit no matter what my health. <--- in distress if anyone wants to help out.

l Maximus l
03-14-2004, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Veno
I just got to Alma on chapter 7, reading this thread got me through a couple hard spots, so thx. I can't find any save points near Alma, she's insanely hard yet the save point to her is like 5 minutes of playing to get to her. Those zombies don't really hurt you but they take forever to f*ucking kill, and theres like 15 of them between the save point and her plus the flood, and the diving for golden scarabs. I'm on chapter 7 and i've only gotten 9 scarabs, am i ignorant or just ****ty at this game? So far i've killed everyone with ease except for second boss (i assumed the invisible mages kept coming so i just went at him). So, if anyone can tell me if theres a save point closer to her or some way to kill her. Tried beating her twice, first time i think i hit her once, second time i took her down to 3/4 hp. Both times when I died i had 2 elixers and 2 greater elixers, but she does so much damage potions dont really matter because you die so fast. For me, one hit from her takes me down to about 1/3 hp. And the pillars kill me in 1 hit no matter what my health. &lt;--- in distress if anyone wants to help out.

lol, dude...look at one post above yours! By the way, the save point you're at right above the the two skeleton dudes shooting arrows at you is the closest save point.

Hint: You don't have to kill every damn enemy.

dcuozzo
03-14-2004, 05:39 AM
I need to start level 6 over again can I do this? I have already saved my game but I made some big mistakes and used up a lot of my stuff.

CharlieHustle
03-14-2004, 07:49 AM
I just thought about something, what if i leave the cathedral throught the front door?? Instead of going to the alter and fighting alma? If im right, there is a save point right outside the door, and there is a shop statue to the right of that?? Im going to find out now.. I been trying all day yesterday to beat her. She never gets within striking distance for me to get any licks on her.

skorp
03-14-2004, 08:22 AM
hehehee... Yeah she was a pain... I just got fed up and and used 6 nimpo's on her.... It was worth it!!!:D

Almost done with Chapter 10... Its taking a while... ;)

Anthony4sho
03-14-2004, 10:14 AM
There is another save point very close to alma. Its in the cavern that gets flooded. All you have to do is swim down into the cavern and look a little bit and you should find a tunnel that on the other side is a save point and a broke down elevator. I'm surprised no one found that yet.

CharlieHustle
03-14-2004, 12:48 PM
Thats where i always start at. Im still on her now, im getting used to her, the only problem is that im not able to get any hits on her. I can dodge her attacks, but she is never close enough for me to lay it down on her.

Ninjermy
03-14-2004, 01:37 PM
ya i found that secret room... im also on chapter 7 boss and she is a biach. so u guys say if i use nimpo alot shes really easy? i have maxed out regular devil elixers and a couple great devil elixers. how shud i use my nimpos to beat her? this should be easy with all nimpo shouldnt it?

Shadow20002
03-14-2004, 02:23 PM
I Have 43 Scarabs...
LOL...
;)

Me too.. where are the rest 7 scarabs...?? :eek:
Still searching around...

George89
03-14-2004, 02:48 PM
Hey everyone! I'm on Chapter 4 and I can't find a ticket to get into that club/bar place! Does anyone know where I get it???

selowitch
03-14-2004, 03:05 PM
Hell, yes. RTFM, motherlover! :-) :-)

The Executioner
03-14-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by selowitch
Hell, yes. RTFM, motherlover! :-) :-)

RTMF??? I'm there too and can't get a ticket and can't get the good weapon.

selowitch
03-14-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by halo2man

I'm just kidding. I have no clue, either.

Anthony4sho
03-14-2004, 03:41 PM
I'm officially a retard. On chapter 9 at the very last door after you beat everybody you need a card to open that door. And I missed the card earlier on the level so I have to start all over from chp 4. Unless I can find another way to get in, but I doubt it.

The Executioner
03-14-2004, 03:44 PM
I'm officially a retard. On chapter 9 at the very last door after you beat everybody you need a card to open that door. And I missed the card earlier on the level so I have to start all over from chp 4. Unless I can find another way to get in, but I doubt it.

SAVE OFTEN!!!! I do. Why can't you go back and get it?

JJaX
03-14-2004, 03:55 PM

I would have to agree...

You really think they would put a keycard somewhere thats impossible to backtrack to?

I think i know exactly where you are. You just took out the radio tower right? Well when you reach the door than you cant open, go back, and make sure you kill everyone. One of the soldiers will drop the keycard...

And why are playing from chapter 4? You're telling me you didnt save it once while playing chapters 4 to 9?

Veno
03-14-2004, 04:18 PM
I'm at the radio tower now on chapter 9, those floating things with the blue rays keep coming, ive killed about 25 of them with the boomerang shuriken, but they just keep coming. How do I open the door that requires a keycard and what does that square platform that keeps going back and forth do? I can't find a way up there with 30 of those blue ray floating robots keep trying to kill me. I went back outside and fought those guys that keep coming out of the tank for like 5 minutes but no one ever dropped a god damn card. Also, how do i kill that mother f*ucking tank?

PS. at the beginning of the 8th level it showed that the chick dropped her warhammer, was I supposed to go pick that up? I couldn't find it, I have a save point back there but I don't feel like f*cking with the turrets/helicopter again.

P.P.S. Am I gonna be fighting ninjas again any time soon? These grunts with machine guns are really easy to kill, so are the aliens. I hope i'll beable to fight some harder version of the black ninjas soon, because it's really not very fun killing all these guys with their high tech technology, it's a little too easy and stupid. How is some grunt with a sword on his machine gun gonna take a ninja that can run at 20 mph and throw anyone he wants like a ragdoll? Did i get dragon sword level 3 too early or something? because they die in like 2 guillotine throws/decapitations/counter attacks. Or did i get the arm band of the sun too early? The one that ups your damage a ton. Also, is the defensive arm band worth it? Does it power up your counter attacks or does it make your blocking impossible to interrupt, or what?

JJaX
03-14-2004, 04:22 PM
I'm at the radio tower now on chapter 9, those floating things with the blue rays keep coming, ive killed about 25 of them with the boomerang shuriken, but they just keep coming. How do I open the door that requires a keycard and what does that square platform that keeps going back and forth do? I can't find a way up there with 30 of those blue ray floating robots keep trying to kill me. I went back outside and fought those guys that keep coming out of the tank for like 5 minutes but no one ever dropped a god damn card. Also, how do i kill that mother f*ucking tank?

PS. at the beginning of the 8th level it showed that the chick dropped her warhammer, was I supposed to go pick that up? I couldn't find it, I have a save point back there but I don't feel like f*cking with the turrets/helicopter again.

When you are in the big hanger thing, go up the stairs, on the 2nd level theres a crate with armor piercing arrows. THey work great on those mini helicopters and yes they stop coming.

Than go all the way up top and find the switch that restores power. Than go back down to the ground level and find the yellow switch that activates the 2nd platform. Than go all the way back up top, the key card you need is up there in the little office.

After getting the key card, i recommend running back to the saving station and saving it. So you dont need to do all that crap over if you die.

Veno
03-14-2004, 04:23 PM

When you are in the big hanger thing, go up the stairs, on the 2nd level theres a crate with armor piercing arrows. THey work great on those mini helicopters.

Than go all the way up top and find the switch that restores power. Than go back down and find the yellow switch the activate the 2nd platform. The key card you need is up there in the little office.

Thanks, i'll try that next time i feel like playing (burned out from going through 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th chapters in like 2 and a half hours altogether). Could you answer any of my ps/pps q's? lol =)

The Executioner
03-14-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by halo2man

Chapter 4

CharlieHustle
03-14-2004, 04:53 PM
To get the ticket, talk to the old man in the shop. He will say that he forgot to tell you the first time. I finally beat the *****, i used the wall technique. I was damn near dead, and she was too, then she got more aggressive. I need a chick like her in bed. Someone to take control of things...

The Executioner
03-14-2004, 04:58 PM
To get the ticket, talk to the old man in the shop. He will say that he forgot to tell you the first time. I finally beat the *****, i used the wall technique. I was damn near dead, and she was too, then she got more aggressive. I need a chick like her in bed. Someone to take control of things...

Thank you.

btw/ I already have one like that in bed.

Madhattr
03-14-2004, 05:18 PM

I missed this card too but I only had to go back like two rooms where there are the three rocket launcher guys and they had the card.
Maybe you are talking about a different card?

dcuozzo
03-14-2004, 05:35 PM
How do you learn to use the ninpo attacks? I have art of the inferno and ice storm.

Also I am maxed out on spirit of the devil when and what are these used for?

l Maximus l
03-14-2004, 05:48 PM
Okay...on Chapter 10...where in the hell is the Blue insert thing? I already got the red one...but where is the blue one? This is the Aquaduct map....

Hurry! I'm trying to figure this crap out...

skorp
03-14-2004, 06:04 PM
How do you learn to use the ninpo attacks? I have art of the inferno and ice storm.

Also I am maxed out on spirit of the devil when and what are these used for?

After you choose which nimp to use...

press the (y) & (b) button at the same time... I love "The Art of the Inazuma".... sooooo sweeeet!!!!

skorp
03-14-2004, 06:14 PM
Okay...on Chapter 10...where in the hell is the Blue insert thing? I already got the red one...but where is the blue one? This is the Aquaduct map....

Hurry! I'm trying to figure this crap out...

You need the "Statue of the Water Spirit" to open the door in Aquaduct B3. The statue, I believe, is in the Red Water Resevoir room. When you insert the "C" looking object, look into the room below the grill... You will see something Blue glowing... That's it!

Anthony4sho
03-14-2004, 06:52 PM
I finally found the key for the door. I thought it was back in the area that gets locked when you fight the tank. Now i'm about halfway thru chapter 10.

The final time I played Alma I cremated her. She only hit me like twice. The key to that fight is to stay close enough in where she can't shoot magic at you, but far enough so she doesn't grab you in her holds. If you get that down, and use some ninpo, she is really not that hard.

Veno
03-14-2004, 07:42 PM
Anyone know when you get the warhammer? I wanna try it out real bad.

Anthony4sho
03-14-2004, 07:44 PM
Anyone know when you get the warhammer? I wanna try it out real bad.

Right after you beat alma in the monastery.

Veno
03-14-2004, 07:57 PM
Really? I killed her long ago, I'm on chapter 9 now and I don't feel like going back. Any other way to get it? Is it neccessary at all?

l Maximus l
03-14-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by skorp

You need the &quot;Statue of the Water Spirit&quot; to open the door in Aquaduct B3. The statue, I believe, is in the Red Water Resevoir room. When you insert the &quot;C&quot; looking object, look into the room below the grill... You will see something Blue glowing... That's it!

I have the statue...where do I put it and or/where do I get the blue insert?

themoosearmy
03-14-2004, 10:28 PM
Really? I killed her long ago, I'm on chapter 9 now and I don't feel like going back. Any other way to get it? Is it neccessary at all?

Right after that chapter you have to go back into the monastery to get, but just collect a bunch of scarabs and get the Dibalhro from Miramusa, more combos and its more powerful. I always use the dragon sword or Vig Flail tho (second time through the game now).

themoosearmy
03-14-2004, 10:33 PM
I Have 43 Scarabs...
LOL...
;)
Beat the game you get:
1. New outfit + plasma sword
2. New difficulty= Very Hard

I'm just going back through trying to get 50 scarabs.

skorp
03-14-2004, 11:36 PM

I have the statue...where do I put it and or/where do I get the blue insert?

When you go into the the door in Aquaduct B3 (where there is a dead Ninja) you'll go in there and have to defeat two other worms and just follow the caves until you reach the wolverines. You need to go up the hill like stairway... When you finally reach the area with the huge looking bees it's in the chest .

Madhattr
03-15-2004, 12:27 AM

Beat the game you get:
1. New outfit + plasma sword
2. New difficulty= Very Hard

I'm just going back through trying to get 50 scarabs.

Moose! Now that you are finished the game and are looking for scarabs can you play each level individually? Like say I miss a scarab on chapter 9 do I have to play 1-8 just to get that one scarab? I will probably play this game several times over I just want to be able to select the levels I play.