PDA

View Full Version : Fable's Multiplayer Cancelled

bigloser
03-03-2004, 01:02 PM
How will multiplayer work in Fable?

Unfortunately, due to time constraints, we will not be including the Multiplayer feature in Fable. There simply isn’t enough time to polish it to the standard we feel would be required to match that of the rest of the game. Instead we have decided to focus our resources on fine-tuning the single-player experience to ensure it is of the highest possible quality.

http://www.lhtimes.com/faqs/fable.htm

Time Constraints? Hasn't fable been in development since the beginning of time?

Yankeez
03-03-2004, 01:19 PM
ya i was about 20% hyped for this game, now that it doesnt even have co-op i have on interest in it anymore

StudioAlex
03-03-2004, 01:20 PM
I could care less about them dumping multiplayer. While the idea of taking your hero and journeying through a friend's game is definately appealing, I don't own a mem card and I don't doubt I would buy one jst to mess around with the feature.

But this is good news. If they are cutting it because of time, that could mean the game is in the beta stage. Could we be playing it this spring?

Yankeez
03-03-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by StudioAlex
Could we be playing it this spring? Nope :)

Slacker
03-03-2004, 02:13 PM
No co-op I was hyped about that , but I kinda like my RPgs Single player becauase you get more in to it , but even with this cut its gonna be 3012 AD before we get to play it our great great great great grand kids will have fun

Sigma
03-03-2004, 03:02 PM
Peter Molyneux is either hit or miss for me. And with the countless promises and inovations that Fable will supposedly have I will admit it has me hyped, but Peter Molyneux said the same thing about Black & White and it ended up being decent. Molyneux also has a history of delaying his games.

Peepers
03-03-2004, 03:02 PM
This angers me. I wanted this feature. But heck, I'd take a glitchy sub-par multiplayer feature over no multiplayer feature. Delay the ****er until Xbox 2, but give me the whole game.

Kortiz
03-03-2004, 03:38 PM
While Co-op would be nice, I really don't think it would do all that much for me. At any rate, I don't care that they dropped co-op, so hopefully they won't delay the game too much more.

I'm already anticipating a summer 05 release, so whatever makes this game get in my xbox faster...well, that's great.

LynxFX
03-03-2004, 04:08 PM
A feature I would never have used. Won't be missed.

xbox genius
03-03-2004, 04:56 PM
man i wanted this multiplayer feature.... now they cancelled it... this game dropped down my games wanted list by 3 spots........... at least they will still have innovative rpg gameplay....

co-op would be sooo nice....

CRAYMAN
03-03-2004, 05:03 PM
Awww man,
Here's some more bad news.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How will the RPG elements work in Fable?

Unfortunately, due to time constraints, we will not be including most of the RPG elements in Fable. There simply isn’t enough time to polish it to the standard we feel would be required to match that of the rest of the game. Instead we have decided to focus our resources on fine-tuning the graphical experience of the game to ensure it is of the highest possible quality.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

xbox genius
03-03-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by CRAYMAN
Awww man,
Here's some more bad news.

quote:
How will the RPG elements work in Fable?

Unfortunately, due to time constraints, we will not be including most of the RPG elements in Fable. There simply isn’t enough time to polish it to the standard we feel would be required to match that of the rest of the game. Instead we have decided to focus our resources on fine-tuning the graphical experience of the game to ensure it is of the highest possible quality.

:D

what?? i wanted fable because of all the cool rpg elements they are going to put into the game... now they are not adding it in.... crap i'm starting to feel like this game will be downhill...

EDIT: actually i liked the multiplayer part best, then all the cool rpg elements... or maybe its a tie.

kenji
03-03-2004, 05:48 PM
Damn, this game has gone downhill. I am not as hyped about this game anymore. When does Jade Empire come out? I think that I will get this over Fable, just because it hasn't really screwed up that bad so far.

Trento52
03-03-2004, 06:10 PM
I was never really caring for this game but i wanted to try it but for all of you and this has been said before tehy are gonna do cuts here, more delays, and then find out the game either doesn't exist or they will have to cancel it because after so many years of developing they have gone bankrupt.

or it will be released later this year.

Duke
03-03-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by xbox genius

what?? i wanted fable because of all the cool rpg elements they are going to put into the game... now they are not adding it in.... crap i'm starting to feel like this game will be downhill...

Don't tell me you fell for that?

Shadow20002
03-03-2004, 07:12 PM
Anyway, i want that Fable....

Madhattr
03-03-2004, 07:18 PM
Multiplayer? Do they mean like on XBL? If not who cares, I can go to TFLO for all my MMORPG needs. I would still buy Fable for the experience, TFLO would be the **** for XBL playing.

CRAYMAN
03-03-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by xbox genius

EDIT: actually i liked the multiplayer part best, then all the cool rpg elements... or maybe its a tie.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BoundBruiser
03-03-2004, 10:22 PM
Oh my heck,... I was looking forward to this game having this co-op stuff. I'll still buy it and all, but It obviously won't be as much fun with friends.

Hard Boiled Cop
03-04-2004, 12:43 PM
OH my GOD! Why no multiplayer? Well who cares.

SmileBit
03-04-2004, 01:30 PM
They spent at least 4 months making the multiplayer aspect of this game. Now that its gone that was nothing but a waste of time. Fable would have been better if they didnt want to include multiplayer in it at all.