PDA

View Full Version : Next Grand Theft Auto Installment Ps2 exclusive

Ugunnalose
03-03-2004, 03:18 PM
Earlier this week Rockstar Games announced that the next installment in the wildly popular and controversial (funny how those two go together) Grand Theft Auto series will ship this October exclusively for PlayStation 2. And, yes, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas can be pre-ordered right now at EBgames.com.

that is from my ebgames newsletter i get. What a piece of crap. It's called Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas woulda been sweet on xbox.

:cuss: :cry: :eek:

OuFtb
03-03-2004, 03:34 PM
It was posted on the front page here a couple of days ago, it does suck but I'm praying it makes it to Xbox eventully.
I found this on Gamefaq if anyones intrested, merrick97 made a pention to get GTA: San Andreas on Xbox and wants everyone to sign

http://www.petitiononline.com/t23829/petition.html

I signed, couldn't hurt if more people did.

ScorpionX
03-03-2004, 03:35 PM
This is ****ing ridiculous

LynxFX
03-03-2004, 03:35 PM
Also news from our front page from yesterday. :wink:

This isn't anything surprising. Everyone knew it would be PS2 exclusive and it is the last obligation from Rockstar to fullfill their contract with Sony. You may have noticed that they didn't call it GTA4, for a reason.

Look for the next GTA to come out for all consoles/PC simultaniously.

GTA: San Adreas probably won't hit the black and green until 6 months or so after the launch on PS2.

bostwick202
03-03-2004, 04:18 PM
oh, stop *****in, it's gonna come 2 xbox within a year @most

LiquidX
03-03-2004, 04:21 PM
I could really care less about the GTA series... I bought 3 and VC and they were good at first. After a while it was the same thing, steal a car, run someone over, screw a prostitute, blah blah blah. Besides, we get Halo 2, Doom 3, Half-Life 2, Fable, and much much more.... ya know, games with a phenominal story line.

faceoff508
03-03-2004, 04:22 PM
God.... Grand Theft Auto is such a good series. I have the double pack, can't wait till it comes out on the Xbox, maybe in a year or so after PS2 release

kenji
03-03-2004, 06:01 PM
I agree with LiquidX, I could care less. PS2 is going to hold on to one of the better games for dear life. I liked it at first, then just lost intrest as soon as I beat the final missions. There is no replay value.

What more could they think of that they haven't already put in the first 4 installments? PS2 might become unoriginal fairly soon.

Trento52
03-03-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by LiquidX
I could really care less about the GTA series... I bought 3 and VC and they were good at first. After a while it was the same thing, steal a car, run someone over, screw a prostitute, blah blah blah. Besides, we get Halo 2, Doom 3, Half-Life 2, Fable, and much much more.... ya know, games with a phenominal story line.

That is exactly what i was going to say. They rocked then began to get boring and IMO are way over rated. Doesn't mean they are crap just not teh best.

imacsae
03-03-2004, 08:14 PM
Well The GTA series is one of the reasons I have both consoles. The PS2 has gotten no play in the past few months but once san andreas comes out I will have to dust it off.

nutsnyomowf
03-03-2004, 10:25 PM
LOL a year after PS2. RockStar would be retarded!!! With the talk of a Xbox2 to launch in 2k5,why would they wait that long.Off the topic ,but what in the Heck is MS thinking anyway with this Long Arse wait for Halo2.Buy Halo2 for Xbox and then they gona Kill it a year later with a Xbox2!!! Im jus rambling.

Sigma
03-03-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by LiquidX
Agreed. GTA is great for awhile, but it does get old and tiresome. I will still pick up GTA:SA if it offers up enough new things to warrant a purchase if not then I will just rent it.

mattgame
03-04-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by kenji
I agree with LiquidX, I could care less. PS2 is going to hold on to one of the better games for dear life. I liked it at first, then just lost intrest as soon as I beat the final missions. There is no replay value.

What more could they think of that they haven't already put in the first 4 installments? PS2 might become unoriginal fairly soon.

They are already unoriginal. What games do they have besides this one that's coming out that can compare to what the xbox has coming? GT4 and that's it. Another sequel to the sequel to the sequel. Sony is worried trust me. :cheers:

SmileBit
03-04-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by t_howell

They are already unoriginal. What games do they have besides this one that's coming out that can compare to what the xbox has coming? GT4 and that's it. Another sequel to the sequel to the sequel. Sony is worried trust me. :cheers:

Actually FF Online, Resident Evil Online, GTA:SA, GT4, MGS3 all make Sonys linup look killer. Ill bet you anything Sonys PS2 and its software will outsell the XBox linup.

MGS3 vs Halo 2 sales wise? No contest.

CRAYMAN
03-04-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by SmileBit

Actually FF Online, Resident Evil Online, GTA:SA, GT4, MGS3 all make Sonys linup look killer. Ill bet you anything Sonys PS2 and its software will outsell the XBox linup.

*cough* whoa dude *cough, cough* stop bogarting it, *cough* I wanna hit...pass it...'dis way *cough, cough*

Ugunnalose
03-04-2004, 04:52 PM

ur an idiot Halo 2 will kill that games sales. it will sell the most copies of a game ever. restate ur remarks so u dont look like an idiot.

StudioAlex
03-04-2004, 05:23 PM
Hey guys, play nice. And let's not call others idiots when we can't form proper sentences.

Why don't you counter Smilebits's argument with this: Game sales don't mean the games are better, it means they've sold more. According to his criteria The Matrix is in fact the greatest game ever made.

Trento52
03-04-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by StudioAlex
Hey guys, play nice. And let's not call others idiots when we can't form proper sentences.

Why don't you counter Smilebits's argument with this: Game sales don't mean the games are better, it means they've sold more. According to his criteria The Matrix is in fact the greatest game ever made.

Great responce but it also speaks teh hard truth.:cheers:

Hawkhead11
03-04-2004, 09:53 PM
Rockstar would not let xbox get it because of a contract, and well if you havent noticed, its like the greatest selling game on ps2, and is still i believe, at like the #5 position for monthly selling, for VC.

CRAYMAN
03-05-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Hawkhead11
Rockstar would not let xbox get it because of a contract, and well if you havent noticed, its like the greatest selling game on ps2, and is still i believe, at like the #5 position for monthly selling, for VC.

The fact that VC is still at #5, says a lot about the quality of the current PS2 titles available. ;)

No way could VC, even the upgraded one on the Xbox, make it in the top 5 Xbox titles right now.

mattgame
03-05-2004, 10:54 AM

You're kidding right? No seriously, you have got to be kidding me? MGS3 outsell Halo2?! Halo2, when it's released will be a f'in event. MGS3 will just be a good game that's being released. Let me just give you an example of how big Halo2 is: at my store we take preorders. We are trying to get 54 preorders for Halo2, we have 44. We only want 8 for MGS3. Yep, you guessed it, we have none. C'mon stop playing, you knew better than to post that. ;)