PDA

View Full Version : new guy

eguez
03-03-2004, 08:30 PM
Hello, this is my first post here and just wanted to introduce myself. I presently do not own an X-box yet but as tax refund time has arrived it is at the top of my list. The two games I look forward to the most are Fight Night 2004, and Ninja Gaiden. I enjoy mostly fighting, action, and sports games. Not much of a FPS fan or RPG. My online gaming experience for PC is pretty pathetic as I usually get my butt whupped and lose interest quickly, I'm a casual gamer so I can't really compete against anyone, I found most online gamers to be pretty competitive and at a much higher level than me. So I doubt I'll get the Xbox live package so now my first question is what accessories should I purchase with my X-box?

Koopa
03-03-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by eguez
Hello, this is my first post here and just wanted to introduce myself. I presently do not own an X-box yet but as tax refund time has arrived it is at the top of my list. The two games I look forward to the most are Fight Night 2004, and Ninja Gaiden. I enjoy mostly fighting, action, and sports games. Not much of a FPS fan or RPG. My online gaming experience for PC is pretty pathetic as I usually get my butt whupped and lose interest quickly, I'm a casual gamer so I can't really compete against anyone, I found most online gamers to be pretty competitive and at a much higher level than me. So I doubt I'll get the Xbox live package so now my first question is what accessories should I purchase with my X-box?
welcome to the boards:cheers:

well erm...even though you said you doubt you'll get xbl...get xbl...trust me.

if you cant, then erm make sure to get 3 extra *OFFICIAL* controllers from MS, not the crappy 3rd party (Madcatz, Pelican, interact, etc)...and thats probably about it..

oh and a copy of Halo is necessary for all xbox owners, even if you hate FPSes.

for fighting, wait'll later this month and get DOA Ultimate, or buy the cheaper DOA3 which has been out for awhile....definitely get Soul Calibur two, though...some good action games are erm splinter cell, crimson skies, or mechassault, although you might wanna hold on mechassault if you dont have live. you also might want star wars:KOTOR...even though its an RPG, it plays somewhat like an action game, and got game of the year at every place that matters.

BinaryXtreme
03-03-2004, 09:11 PM
Welcome to XBOX Addict. Friendliest bunch of addicts on the planet! :cheers:

Jayhawk
03-03-2004, 09:15 PM
Welcome! :D :D :D

LiquidX
03-03-2004, 09:18 PM
Word...

Definately pick up Halo and a few extra controllers... if your not a huge FPS fan now you will be after some Halo.

Trento52
03-03-2004, 09:42 PM
Welcome Equez

-definatley get the official xbox controllers
-i really want live and don't know why you don't
-there are many good action games for really cheap in platinum hits. If you want another good game like ninja gaiden check out Otogi. Not as fast paced but the graphics hold up, the gameplay i think is fun and everything is destructable even the ground. Can find at good price also.

Otogi 2 is my next target after breakdown and ninja gaiden.

themoosearmy
03-03-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by LiquidX
Word...

Definately pick up Halo and a few extra controllers... if your not a huge FPS fan now you will be after some Halo.
I got 4 people to buy an xbox from just playing system link games of halo. Oh yeah, official stuff only, can't go wrong.

Slacker
03-04-2004, 12:12 AM
Welcome!!

l Maximus l
03-04-2004, 12:36 AM
Welcome to the XBA brethren :)

Angell
03-04-2004, 12:54 AM

Welcome eguez,

When you get those official controllers make sure the are controller S... I only know (personally know) two people who prefer the big ones (and trust me the small ones are a slice of heaven).

And what ever you think of your preferences get Halo and Live because

Halo-->will make you love FPS and everything about xbox
Xbox Live--> when you play here there is no such thing as a casual gamer... you will be converted.... I know, I've been watching your habits, it will happen:watchout:

***eguez begins looking around the room for cameras and such... what he does not realize is that Angell has awsomely disguised himself as a pile of dirty clothes in the corner of the room.... eguez continues to surf Xboxaddict thinking Angell is some crazy guy.... though he may be right..... Angell continues with his observations..... for now***

Oh and eguez, you should throw some pizza or some little snack cakes over to that pile of clothes in your room.... it will give it that good "lived in look"... and I'm getting hungry.

Welcome to XBA :cheers:

Slowride
03-04-2004, 12:59 AM
Welcome to the boards and I to suggest getting xbox live. You can use the optimatch feature to get in beginner games or you can host beginner games so you can kick out the people who are bad ass and shouldn't be there anyways.....and get counterstrike. Better than RS3 for the casual gamer I think.

Chaotic
03-04-2004, 07:37 AM
As everyone else has said welcome to the boards. If you have any questions feel free to PM one of the mods. :cheers:

sojourner
03-04-2004, 07:40 AM
Welcome to the boards! Enjoy!:D

Shadow20002
03-04-2004, 12:12 PM
Welcome to XBA !! :)

mattgame
03-04-2004, 12:46 PM
First of all in order to truly be accepted you must pm me with dates and time of when you will publicly profess your love me. Okay when? Just kidding. Welcome to the site. All you really need is Halo. You're gonna need an extra controller and some music to blaze on your hard drive. Have fun.:cheers:

eguez
03-04-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Koopa

welcome to the boards:cheers:

if you cant, then erm make sure to get 3 extra *OFFICIAL* controllers from MS, not the crappy 3rd party (Madcatz, Pelican, interact, etc)...and thats probably about it..

oh and a copy of Halo is necessary for all xbox owners, even if you hate FPSes.

for fighting, wait'll later this month and get DOA Ultimate, or buy the cheaper DOA3 which has been out for awhile....definitely get Soul Calibur two, though...some good action games are erm splinter cell, crimson skies, or mechassault, although you might wanna hold on mechassault if you dont have live. you also might want star wars:KOTOR...even though its an RPG, it plays somewhat like an action game, and got game of the year at every place that matters.

The 3rd party controllors seem to be the bane of everyone in this thread, are they really that bad? I was hoping to get a wireless controller as I hate the tangled cords and end up wrapping them around the controller for storage which just makes the tangles worse. I think logitech was coming out with one and their stuff has always been pretty good, for PC anyway. If they really are that bad does anyone know if MS is coming out with a wireless?
Thanks for the game suggestions, I'm sure I'll get Halo as that seems to be an essential. I will probably be getting one of the bundles. Can anyone tell me if I should get a memory card or can I just rely on the hard drive for now?

Max33
03-04-2004, 07:37 PM
Dont worry about the memory card, its only real function is to trasnfer a game save from on machine to another.(unless thats what you wanna do)The hard drives(usually) plenty.

skorp
03-05-2004, 12:07 AM
Welcome aboard!!!

Enjoy!!!

:cheers:

colosso
03-05-2004, 12:08 AM
Hello, this is my first post here and just wanted to introduce myself. I presently do not own an X-box yet but as tax refund time has arrived it is at the top of my list. The two games I look forward to the most are Fight Night 2004, and Ninja Gaiden. I enjoy mostly fighting, action, and sports games. Not much of a FPS fan or RPG. My online gaming experience for PC is pretty pathetic as I usually get my butt whupped and lose interest quickly, I'm a casual gamer so I can't really compete against anyone, I found most online gamers to be pretty competitive and at a much higher level than me. So I doubt I'll get the Xbox live package so now my first question is what accessories should I purchase with my X-box? well,first of all welcome and i hope you enjoy the forums as much as we do. second just buy the xbox and make sure you have HALO,KOTOR AND NINJA GAIDEN and enjoy it.

Angell
03-05-2004, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by colosso
well,first of all welcome and i hope you enjoy the forums as much as we do. second just buy the xbox and make sure you have HALO,KOTOR AND NINJA GAIDEN and enjoy it.

I guess he could always wait until the PS3 comes out... its looking pretty sweet ;)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mitchell
03-05-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Angell

I guess he could always wait until the PS3 comes out... its looking pretty sweet ;)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hohoho.