PDA

View Full Version : System Link 2 XBOXes?

jhsu
03-03-2004, 08:37 PM
what do I need to System link 2 XBOXes? Will a standard Ethernet cable work, or do I have to go out and buy the special XBOX branded link cable

BananaMan
03-03-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by jhsu
what do I need to System link 2 XBOXes? Will a standard Ethernet cable work, or do I have to go out and buy the special XBOX branded link cable

Yeah the standard ethernet cable will work. If you want to hook 3 or more together just plug them all into your hub.:cheers: I think that xbox one that they sell is just a way to get money.:wink:

Snake Eyez
03-03-2004, 09:29 PM
You require a crossover cable not just a ethernet cable. In order to use ethernet cables you need to connect them through a hub/switch/router. And no, brand won't matter.

BananaMan
03-03-2004, 09:41 PM
oh, well i had never tried directly connecting them, so i just thought it'd work. But i know it works when you plug them into a hub. Good fun til your friend looks around when your on the other team and screen cheats!:cuss: He brings his box over and we play live like that, good times.:cheers: until he dropped my tv while getting it out.:mad:

jhsu
03-03-2004, 09:44 PM
wow thansk for the responses! one more question...I'm looking to play Rainbow 6 3 thru system link w/2 xboxes...what are the multiplayer options like? 4-player co-op/8 player deathmatch(or the equivalent)?

BananaMan
03-03-2004, 09:50 PM
wow thansk for the responses! one more question...I'm looking to play Rainbow 6 3 thru system link w/2 xboxes...what are the multiplayer options like? 4-player co-op/8 player deathmatch(or the equivalent)?

4 player coop(1 to each box), 16 player deathmatch(on live i'm not sure how many boxes you can hook together to play, i guess 16?)

Snake Eyez
03-04-2004, 10:19 AM

As far as I know, RS3 only allows one player per Xbox to play. So if you want some 4 player action you need 4 xboxs. Ghost recon allows two per Xbox.