PDA

View Full Version : Halo vs. Goldeneye. Vote, vote, vote!!

HaloDevil
03-03-2004, 10:07 PM
Don't know if you guys have been following the matches over at Gamespot but I have. Check em out. I'm voting for Halo. Though Goldeneye is also one of my favorite of all time. Go here to vote...

http://www.gamespy.com/titlefight/matches/0125.shtml?voted=1

As of this post...

Halo: 4804
Goldeneye: 3268

I love how they set up the brackets. I look forward to the final rounds. Look at Doom's vote count in Match 1 against Marathon -------> 10,268!!! If halo doesn't have enough support, it's gonna get wrecked by Doom and possible Half Life. Even Diablo II got 10,579 against Knights of the Old Republic which only raked in 6,136 votes. Anyway, get over there and vote!

ScorpionX
03-03-2004, 10:16 PM
How did Goldeneye get 8th seed :watchout:

Well go Halo anyway :)

themoosearmy
03-03-2004, 11:20 PM
Goldeneye is most def one my all time favorites, but Halo just surpasses it in originality, mechanics and multiplayer features. nothing beats a 16 person game of halo. I love goldeneye, but I don't play it anymore, Halo is more modern and I love it more than I loved Goldeneye.

l Maximus l
03-04-2004, 12:48 AM
Honestly, I only thought Goldeneye was just okay. It didn't blow my mind like Halo did...not even close.

The multi-player in Goldeneye was also only okay...nothing too special, IMO. Seriously, I had far more fun with the first Turok's multi-player while utilizing some of the most insanely psychotic weapons ever dreamed up. Goldeneye was kind of cheesy and plain.

HaloDevil
03-04-2004, 09:32 AM
The poll ends at 12:00pm

Vote, vote, vote!

As of this post...

Halo: 7948
Goldeneye: 5205

Yeah, I loved Goldeneye but Halo is unstoppable. It truely is the greatest FPS gaming experience I have had. Also, I'd liek to point out that IMO, Perfect Dark is by far better than Goldeneye. I have so many good memories playing MP Perfect Dark with my buddies. Good times. I'd say that Perfect Dark is my second favorite console FPS next to Halo.

EDIT: Maximus SYN, your sig is so damn awesome! I love it.

Chaotic
03-04-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Maximus SYN
It didn't blow my mind like Halo did...not even close.

And what has :rolleyes:

Open your eyes there are more games then just HALO :p

Shadow20002
03-04-2004, 12:07 PM
Halo for sure...

LiquidX
03-04-2004, 02:44 PM
Definatley Halo... Goldeneye was a great game back in the day but compared to Halo its complete shat... Perfect dark had way better multiplayer than Goldeneye but the main game was about the same quality. So my list would go...

1. Halo
2. Perfect Dark
3. Goldeneye

Xtreme Munky
03-04-2004, 07:15 PM
I voted last night for GoldenEye. I love Halo, but I think GoldenEye is the all around better game.

HaloDevil
03-04-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Xtreme Munky
I voted last night for GoldenEye. I love Halo, but I think GoldenEye is the all around better game.

That's cool. I respect your opinion, but to me, it seems so strange that someone could think that. I understand that a lot of people voted for Goldeneye but most of them are raging fanboys. If you read the thread that goes along with the poll, they are all raping Halo and saying it was horrible and crap. That is ultamite fanboyism. But for someone like you, who has obviously played Halo and loves it, it's hard to understand how you can honestly make that comment. I know, everyone can have their own opinion, but are they really thinking about it clearly??? I LOVE Goldneye! It was such a great game and I was so addicted to it, it's not even funny! Personally, I thought Perfect Dark was better though. It took everything you like from Goldeneye and improved on it. But I'm just being realistic, neither of these games can possibly compare to Halo. Goldeneye & Perfect Dark were revolutionary for the console FPS genre in their day, but Halo had all the great things these games had and expanded even further. The Multiplayer is the best MP ever! The vehicals! The AI! everything about Halo was nearly perfect. I admit, there was a few repetative levels but that is just about the only downfall. Halo is a beautiful game. Definalty one of the greatest of all time. But lets be real, one day another game will come out, say 7 years from now, and it will usurp the throne and Halo/Halo 2 will have to step down. It's just the way things work. I don't understand how people can possibly say that Goldneye was better!?!? It's as if their brainwashed or something. lol. And, these are the people that call Halo fans "fAnbOyz!" - I just don't get it. You can tell over at Gamespy forums, that most of them are not xbox owners and have this strange unyeilding hatred toward anything xbox related. Flockin' rejects.

Anyway, good to see the Poll closed with the proper victor...

Halo:10,021
Goldeneye: 6,434

Looks like Halo is up against Quake next.

Man, it's crazy tough competition in the future. Look at some of these results...

Diablo II: 10,579
Knights of the Old Republic: 6,136

DOOM: 10,268
Marathon: 1,740

I understand that DOOM had so many votes because the competition is weak but still, it's a dominating game. The real competition will be Half Life - this game is teh defination of dOmiNatIon!!! I predict it will close with the highest vote count for Round one across all brackets. I mean, come on, Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast??? lololol!

l Maximus l
03-04-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by ChaoticMage-XBA

And what has :rolleyes:

Open your eyes there are more games then just HALO :p

Dude...Shut your pie hole ;)

This thread is about comparing Halo and Goldeneye. I thought my reply was pretty specific. And, while I'm at it, on a side note, there's no FPS that compares to Halo :D hehe

Peepers
03-04-2004, 08:56 PM
To those who insist on GoldenEye: I know you have fond memories of that game, so do I. But go back now and play it, now that you've have 8 years to mature. I guarantee it will not be as you recall. I recently went back and fired up GoldenEye and I was shocked, even adjusting for technology, Halo is far superior.