PDA

View Full Version : Another TV question

yall
01-10-2002, 12:18 PM
I have a sony wega 32 hdtv ready flat screen, that supports the 16:9 aspect ratio, and also supports 1080i. Do I need component video connections to support the higher resolutions? Currently I'm using s video. Also does anyone know if I can run games like fever 2002 in wide screen mode on this tv, and if so , how? Thanks all.

Ninja Scroll
01-10-2002, 02:03 PM
you know what,.... I donteven know myself:confused:

D@mn, why did I even reply?:eek:

JJaX
01-10-2002, 02:56 PM
You need this

http://www.xboxaddict.com/products/released.php?Product_ID=214

also when you turn on the xbox with out a game you must go into the settings and set it in there too. But you need this first.

http://www.xboxaddict.com/products/logos/214.jpg

The game also needs to support the higher resolution.

As of now there are no games that support 1080i........yet ;)

manchufu
01-10-2002, 03:49 PM
Is it just HDTV ready? You might need a decoder box, i don't know, im not up on that stuff

LynxFX
01-10-2002, 04:48 PM
Yes you need the component cables like JJaX said.

Although you won't have any games to take advantage of 1080i or 720p you will be able to take advantage of 480p for all games.

To run the games in widescreen mode, select widescreen in the dashboard. I think the Wega should automatically detect a 16x9 signal and switch appropriately. If not then choose that setting on the Wega. You should get a properly proportioned picture in 16x9 enhanced games like Fever 2002 or Amped. 4x3 games will end up getting stretched so you will have to change the settings on the dashboard back to Normal.

You might want to just experiment with the settings of widescreen games and standard games since I don't have that tv and can't confirm the order of how to set it up.

Hugh_Jass
01-10-2002, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by manchufu
Is it just HDTV ready? You might need a decoder box, i don't know, im not up on that stuff

A decoder is only needed for television broadcasts. The XBOX doesn't require an HDTV decoder.