PDA

View Full Version : Is Dead Man's Hand Worth Buying?

Hawkhead11
03-04-2004, 09:36 PM
I want to purchase this game, but I am skeptical, and would like the opinion of somebody who has played and/or bought it.

diranged
03-04-2004, 10:55 PM
i havent played it but ive seen screens and some vidz and read on it and it doesnt seem its gonna be that good. i would rent it or get sometin like the suffering or ninja gaiden or splinter cell damn i must start saving up!:watchout:

Shadow20002
03-04-2004, 11:25 PM
aww...get NG...

Stagliano
03-05-2004, 08:36 AM
I like the premise of Dead Man's Hand too but the reviews don't seem to have been particularly positive. If we're lucky, that might mean it drops in price really quickly and we can get it for cheap. At least we wouldn't be losing out on much that way.

It has a co-op mission mode, doesn't it? I enjoy practically any game with co-op modes like that. Then again, I'm very easily pleased.

Hawkhead11
03-05-2004, 07:04 PM
Actually, I am just wondering about the Live portion of the game, and How the graphics are.

Wolfgame
03-05-2004, 08:38 PM
Ok, I picked up the game today, and I'll give you a quick ru ndown of the live, I didn't play long since I had to go to work, but after choosing the Xbox Live option, my menu framerate dropped, I mean really, the menu became un-navigateable, and I had to turn off my xbox simply becuase I could not sign out, anyways, i tired again, and the same thing happened, I pushe4d down on the d-pad, waited 10 secs and it finally moved to opti match, then I had to wait another 20 seconds for it to bring up optimatch, I wasnt about to begin to scroll through the games so I jumped into the first one on the list, the game modee I played, was essientaly one man vesrsus everyone, and when you killed that one man, you were then the o9ne man everyone was after. After joinging the game, I quickl ydiscovered a majority of the people even playing were bots, and with no way to distignush between real people and bots, it made team work an abosolute mess, all I can say is, maybe I got a defective disc, when it coems to live, or maybe someone else is haveing the same problem, but after getting into a live game I can safely say that dead mans hand is worth a rental(for live) at best, even when I did jopin a game the actual experience is medicore at best, I hope I've been helpful.

Hawkhead11
03-05-2004, 09:13 PM
Thanx Wolfgame, I'll probably rent it before I buy it.

Trento52
03-05-2004, 09:39 PM
teh graphics don't look good and it had pretty cold reviews. For instance OXM gave it a flat 4 out of 10 so after tehy give other games like crouching tiger hidden dragon a 6.8 it must be pretty bad. Or they were really let down.

Sigma
03-05-2004, 09:51 PM
The game never looked very appealing to me to begin with. I say wait for Red Dead Revolver it may turn out good, but im doubtful now that it has been canceled twice and delayed a countless number of times.

George89
03-05-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Trento52
teh graphics don't look good and it had pretty cold reviews. For instance OXM gave it a flat 4 out of 10 so after tehy give other games like crouching tiger hidden dragon a 6.8 it must be pretty bad. Or they were really let down.

actually they gave DMH a 5.0 and CTHD a 5.8, and i heard DMH doesn't have things like split screen multiplayer.

Stagliano
03-06-2004, 06:38 AM
It doesn't have split-screen in multiplayer? That's not good. I thought it was supposed to (as I was wittering on about earlier) have an offline co-op mode? I guess not then.