PDA

View Full Version : What sensitivity level do you play with on halo?

ghost 009
03-05-2004, 10:10 AM
I was wondering what sensitivity setings you have on halo. Sensitivity is how fast your player looks around. I just want to know cause I can probally play with levels 3-8. I just don't know which to pick because I have been playing around with 3 and 4. I have used those the entire time I have had halo. The only problem is I am not very good online and in multiplayer. I kick ass at soldier of fourtune 2 and counter strike and I am pretty good at rainbow (I use the tmp:D ). I just don't know if that will ruin the single player for me or not. I always get killed on halo online though. Also do you guys have any tips. I know I usaully aim for the neck or head. But that is all I do. I need help!!:D I'm not horrible at the game though (and it is the funnest game around).

Donnie_B
03-05-2004, 10:40 AM
The higher the better... In all regards. Nah jus kiddn.

The higher the sensitivity the better chance you have of winning in the multiplayer levels and on XBC. When I started Halo (single player) I used the default setting. As I got better I moved it up to 6 and then to 7. My longest stint used the 8 setting but now all my profiles use 10. Most of the time its hard for my friends to compete.

Things to keep in mind:
1- The lower the setting the easier it is to snipe. You have more fluid motions and you can get a good lock on. When playing someone better though, the longer you take to get a target...BAM your dead.

2- The higher the setting the better you can be in close with someone. I play with my group and its almost funny. In a close in battle I run by them and spin quick. BAM, shoot them in the back or the side. They cant even get around fast enough to see me.

3- Sometimes I still find 10 can be somewhat fast. I still have to get used to it. Head shots are not automatic anymore as you have to be so precise. And sniping, you have to be careful as well.

4- Try to move your setting up gradually. It will make you a better player. Fo sure.

:cheers:

Brasco

ghost 009
03-05-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Donnie_B
The higher the better... In all regards. Nah jus kiddn.

The higher the sensitivity the better chance you have of winning in the multiplayer levels and on XBC. When I started Halo (single player) I used the default setting. As I got better I moved it up to 6 and then to 7. My longest stint used the 8 setting but now all my profiles use 10. Most of the time its hard for my friends to compete.

Things to keep in mind:
1- The lower the setting the easier it is to snipe. You have more fluid motions and you can get a good lock on. When playing someone better though, the longer you take to get a target...BAM your dead.

2- The higher the setting the better you can be in close with someone. I play with my group and its almost funny. In a close in battle I run by them and spin quick. BAM, shoot them in the back or the side. They cant even get around fast enough to see me.

3- Sometimes I still find 10 can be somewhat fast. I still have to get used to it. Head shots are not automatic anymore as you have to be so precise. And sniping, you have to be careful as well.

4- Try to move your setting up gradually. It will make you a better player. Fo sure.

:cheers:

Brasco

thanks, I just changed it to 6 and I think I will be alright witht hat because it seems like that is the same sensitivity I use with rainbow six 3 and counter strike. Now my only problem is I can't get on xbc (I was just on it:confused: ).

Hard Boiled Cop
03-05-2004, 11:12 AM
I created 6 profiles and all of them have 10. I like realism so the most sensitive the better.

ghost 009
03-05-2004, 12:58 PM
I have it on 8 now but I absoulutly hate halo on xbc now. I am an alright player and I got in 2nd place on one of the matches which is ok but I still think it is horrible. The only reason people play it on there is because it is halo. I don't even think that the reticule does anything. The shots are so delayed. When I snipe and the reticule is on them it leaves a trail about 5 meters behind them. Then when I'm using my pistol the reticule would be past their face and when I shot I would kill them. Everyone complains about sw being too big but I think that is the best level on multiplayer. I can't wait for halo 2 though cause the levels are gonna be huge and I get to scope in people with my battle rifle. Another thing- all people do on there is throw grenades and shoot rockets. I know someone will come on here and say that is just part of the multiplayer game and to get used to it. Well then that is pretty pathetic. I think that halo 2 will be much better and I'm just gonna wait till that comes out to really play it online. They just need an assault rifle that will actually kill someone without wasting 2 clips of ammo, then I would play it more. Anyways I think that when Halo 2 does come out I will be using sensitivities 3-6.:cheers:

LoRd StOnEpAw
03-05-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Butterz
I have it on 8 now but I absoulutly hate halo on xbc now. I am an alright player and I got in 2nd place on one of the matches which is ok but I still think it is horrible. The only reason people play it on there is because it is halo. I don't even think that the reticule does anything. The shots are so delayed. When I snipe and the reticule is on them it leaves a trail about 5 meters behind them. Then when I'm using my pistol the reticule would be past their face and when I shot I would kill them. Everyone complains about sw being too big but I think that is the best level on multiplayer. I can't wait for halo 2 though cause the levels are gonna be huge and I get to scope in people with my battle rifle. Another thing- all people do on there is throw grenades and shoot rockets. I know someone will come on here and say that is just part of the multiplayer game and to get used to it. Well then that is pretty pathetic. I think that halo 2 will be much better and I'm just gonna wait till that comes out to really play it online. They just need an assault rifle that will actually kill someone without wasting 2 clips of ammo, then I would play it more. Anyways I think that when Halo 2 does come out I will be using sensitivities 3-6.:cheers:

Well u see how u talked about the reticule. Online there's bullet lag and such so u have to lead the person like... if someone was running left then u have to aim like so and so ahead of them so that pistol bullet actually hits them it does more dmg that way. Also up close u lead less and the farther away they are u lead more... u basically have to use ur best judgement on how much to lead by and u'll know how much to lead by thru time and experience. no worries :cheers:

ghost 009
03-05-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by LoRd StOnEpAw

Well u see how u talked about the reticule. Online there's bullet lag and such so u have to lead the person like... if someone was running left then u have to aim like so and so ahead of them so that pistol bullet actually hits them it does more dmg that way. Also up close u lead less and the farther away they are u lead more... u basically have to use ur best judgement on how much to lead by and u'll know how much to lead by thru time and experience. no worries :cheers:
oh, I always just thought I really sucked at it cause I know I could always kill my little brother and everyone else on 4 player. I would always have like most of the kills:cheers: . I'll still probally wait for halo 2 anyways.

E Nomini Patri
03-05-2004, 06:07 PM
If you don't use 10 then you will get decimated.

http://xs.netdojo.com/blamhalo/swfm/Videos/TripleKill.avi

Check out my last kill ;)

ghost 009
03-05-2004, 06:42 PM
Ya I know it now. You have to use 10 or else you will be killed. The bullet lagg is soo bad online. I think I will still play it but only if I'm hosting. I totally kicked ass online like that. Hell I should have made my own clan. But that is the only way. Halo2 is what I'm waiting for cause there wont be bullet lagg. I swear I was getting like killing sprees, 8 kills in a row and all that crap. So when I when on all those servers I thought I just sucked. The only way you can really play it is if your hosting or if you have a really good conection.

edited: oh ya I really know this because I made this kick ass head shot. This guy went into a ghost, he went down a hill and I shot him once where you could barely see his head and he rolled out of the ghost:D !!!.:cheers:

LoRd StOnEpAw
03-05-2004, 10:00 PM
Nice Kill. I see it's only the bullet lag that was messing u up. Hosting is nice since it gives you an advantage but the real braggin rights come from when u whoop someone else on their host ;)

ScorpionX
03-05-2004, 10:14 PM
Used to use 5 but took it down to 4

btw Halo>Any FPS out on the XBox right now, especially with its difficulty

E Nomini Patri
03-06-2004, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by LoRd StOnEpAw
I see it's only the bullet lag that was messing u up.

What lag? I recorded that at an LAN party. No lag.

David Luckey
03-08-2004, 05:12 AM
I am the master. I play at level 10 sensitivity, and I totally PwN everybody I play against. My best accomplishment so far (people say well uh thats just cause there was more of them to kill) was we had 2 xboxes laned, and I was on one by myself with Pete, Derek, and Clayton on the other (they have all beaten the game on Legendary-) Well, I beat them when it was them on a team vs. Me by My Lonesome. :cool:
The gametype was Rocket Launchers only on Sidewinder, but that does not make me any less of a man. :watchout:

ghost 009
03-08-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Zero Flaw

What lag? I recorded that at an LAN party. No lag.

oh I got it now, he wasn't talking to you he was talking to me. But I never downloaded the thing cause the computer I am using is a piece of **** and it said it took an hour to load.

xboxman_1
03-08-2004, 05:23 PM
am the master. I play at level 10 sensitivity, and I totally PwN everybody I play against. My best accomplishment so far (people say well uh thats just cause there was more of them to kill) was we had 2 xboxes laned, and I was on one by myself with Pete, Derek, and Clayton on the other (they have all beaten the game on Legendary-) Well, I beat them when it was them on a team vs. Me by My Lonesome.

Let's all give a round of applause to the n00b. You realize that every life, you only had to get one kill, and then every few lives get 2, to win? Do you know how easy that is with rockets?

E Nomini Patri
03-08-2004, 05:34 PM
I totally kicked ass online like that.

When you host, you kick ass. That is because the other people have lag and you don't. It's unavoidable. So don't think you are good (Although believing you are good boosts your confidence which is vital to gaming).

I'm not saying you are bad, just that you aren't as good as you think you are.

No Fear 23
03-14-2004, 01:27 AM

oh I got it now, he wasn't talking to you he was talking to me. But I never downloaded the thing cause the computer I am using is a piece of **** and it said it took an hour to load.

it only took me 8 seconds...its a 5 second clip. :eek:

Prankster101
03-14-2004, 10:55 PM
I used to use 8 but it was too hard for me to snipe and thats one of my favorite things so i moved it down to 6, which is still fairly fast compared to 3.