PDA

View Full Version : Flash disk quick toturial

odpr
03-05-2004, 11:03 AM
many people here don't know what is flash memory.
Which is weird because u find it anywhere//

Don’t' u know what is disk on key ?

Anyway it's portable memory, like the one u have inside your computer. have a usb attach to it so u can connect it to the usb port, and when u do this the computer find it as a new hard disk..so what u can so is basicll drag files into the HD as u always did but this time it's just into a memory and not a HD unit, when u finish with the file transfer you can take it out and go to other computer put the files there and so on.

The pioneers in this field was Msystmes, which based in Israel.
Today there is many companies that try to imitate this ,but M systems are the best, in a matter of a fact I got one today :)

Anyway when Microsoft will use it it will be the same as the HD, but with no mechanical parts , because it's just memory, and it's much more faster and better, so I would no worry on this issue any more ...

CharlieHustle
03-05-2004, 12:10 PM
Thank you!! Maybe thatll enlighten a few of those nay sayers.

CrazyCougar
03-05-2004, 01:07 PM
BAH! Just a way for the evil empire of Microsoft to make more money. I hope this takes a bite out of their asses.

VenoM
03-05-2004, 02:45 PM
what really worries me about xbox 2 is the chance it wont be backward compatible .....that would harm the next xbox imo since im sure sony and the next nintendo will implement it in there next system

Chaotic
03-05-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by VenoM
what really worries me about xbox 2 is the chance it wont be backward compatible .....that would harm the next xbox imo since im sure sony and the next nintendo will implement it in there next system

I'm pretty much 100% sure that it won't be.

LiquidX
03-05-2004, 03:43 PM
Whats to big deal with backwards compatability? I mean I already have an Xbox. Its really pointless to me... Why would I spend $300 on a new game system so I can play last gen's games? And dont tell me its good for people who want cheap gaming... if they wanted cheap gaming they could buy a used last gen system!

Max33
03-05-2004, 08:06 PM
Having backwards compatibility goes a long way towards convience,the feeling that your game library is'nt obsalite,and genraly smooth transiton from the old to the new. It isint imperative but its a privlidge weve come to expect since sony did it.Give us a good reason why not?!!

mattgame
03-05-2004, 10:00 PM
So about how much more is this gonna cost the almighty consumer? Well, anyone?:huh:

Hero
03-05-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by t_howell
So about how much more is this gonna cost the almighty consumer? Well, anyone?:huh:

the whole purpose of microsoft making these changes is to give us the consumer the best possible gaming system while also keeping the price very reasonable. so for sure when the system debuts it will be sub 300 and if we are really lucky it will be 200 like the current xbox. but only time will tell.